Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to Lighten Your Eye Color Naturally

(30-09-2012, 02:53 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I am naturally a really dark brown... It'd be cool if there was a way to go green. I have a very ruddy complexion naturally, and I think green eyes would help set that off a lot more than brown. Instead I just look flushed all the time. Blush

I am red-skinned, but dark dark dark brown hair and eyes. Though interestingly I have just recently discovered that I am actually pretty danged medium in my hair's color level... a 5 on a 10 scale... I just look so dark because I am an exceptionally cool toned brown. If I was actually a 2 or 1 I'd probably be one of those ultra-rare blue-blacks.

If anything I think I'd want to put some red into my hair and lighten it a bit, though Big Grin

Green eyes, reddish-brown hair, and obviously Native American skin and features... talk about exotic! Big Grin

I think green eyes would look exotic even with your natural hair colour! Your natural hair colour sounds like mine, like a black-brown. (I actually always thought my hair was just brown, but then when pulling actual strands out realized it was mostly black hairs with a few brown hairs throwing the colour off Blush) I think that would look amazing with lighter eyes, personally. Especially with your darker skin tone.

I'm actually not that dark... I'm actually pretty pale most of the time, even when I do get sun exposure I don't tan much or easily... But it's a definitely red tone to it.

Many northern tribes are like this, and my Native American heredity comes from one of the tribes in what is presently Ontario Canada. Mixed with as much European as I am, it's not at all surprising that it's more a red toned pale rather than a red toned tan.

... And try as I might I cannot seem to google up anyone with quite my natural skin tone and level. And it's very hard to describe.

Well... to make this easier, let's translate the level system used for haircoloring to skin, I'd probably say I'm a 7 or 8... Normally the skin tone for this level would tend towards creamy yellow/peach... For me, it's RED. As in someone with a more conventional skin tone just got done with some aerobics exercise and is still extremely flushed, RED. And this is my NATURAL tone.

(02-10-2012, 05:56 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I'm actually not that dark... I'm actually pretty pale most of the time, even when I do get sun exposure I don't tan much or easily... But it's a definitely red tone to it.

Many northern tribes are like this, and my Native American heredity comes from one of the tribes in what is presently Ontario Canada. Mixed with as much European as I am, it's not at all surprising that it's more a red toned pale rather than a red toned tan.

... And try as I might I cannot seem to google up anyone with quite my natural skin tone and level. And it's very hard to describe.

Well... to make this easier, let's translate the level system used for haircoloring to skin, I'd probably say I'm a 7 or 8... Normally the skin tone for this level would tend towards creamy yellow/peach... For me, it's RED. As in someone with a more conventional skin tone just got done with some aerobics exercise and is still extremely flushed, RED. And this is my NATURAL tone.

To me, that's a darker skin tone. Lol My friend is paper white (or ghost white, however you prefer to see it), and I'm pretty close to her paleness as well, although my skin is slightly jaundiced. So anything red-ish resembles a tan to me. Angry Like, on the haircolouring scale, I'd be maybe an 8 or 9, and she would be like 20. Lol I actually have friends who have the same Native American pale skin colour you describe, and it definitely sets you apart from average Joe pale, which is why lighter eyes with that skintone would definitely still look exotic, pale or not. Smile

I'm quite silly, sometimes I worry that lighter eyes will bring out the sickly jaundiced colour of my skin, where in actuality it could possibly go either way. ^^; Really, my hair colour affects my skin tone more than my eye colour, I just get paranoid thinking about things.

I think I'm going to remake my lightening solution, this time with contact solution that's a little more fit for my eyes (the last stuff BURNED!) I'll need to wait 'til I get over this awful cold or whatever this is, but then I'll begin again. I'm hoping to at least get the whites of my eyes less bloodshot like last time, but actual iris lightening would be good as well. Wink
Rainbow 

Hey O everyone!

I'm currently in break mode from the honey/water/lemon mix until Sunday. I don't want my eyes becoming to accustomed to them ya know! My eyes have still kept the same color from my last bout. So my next bout will hopefully brighten them up even more! Big Grin

Hi, I came across this forum and I was seriously so excited when I found out about this honey eye drops thing!! Had to join in the fun and now Im tyring this out for myself Big Grin Did alot of research and was surprised about how many people are actually against this process...but whatever, as long as I don´t go blind I´ll be fine Tongue

Day two for me, and I´m really excited for the results. I made my mixture and I happened to have an empty Visine bottle so I poured it in there and I put in a drop three times a day in each eye : morning, afternoon, and night.

It hasnt hurt me at all, I think I had a tiny bit of the Visine drops in there and it got in with the mixture, whoops! I hope it wont interfere too much with the mixture but if I dont see results in a week I´ll make myself a new batch.

I´ll be posting an update next week to tell you all about the process, good luck to you all!! Smile[/font]
Rainbow 

Let us know how it goes @Stephanie, I start back on Sunday!
Rainbow 

Started back my eye lightening today! My eyes are so beautiful and bright and after I sprayed in the mixture my eyes were soooooo shiny! They were just so beautiful and lighter too! I'm really seeing progress with my eye lightening!

Emily,,,, u said lemon?
OMG wouldn't hurt?Huh

Well, it's been one week for me and I can certainly see a difference!! My eyes went from being a dark brown to this medium brown now. You can actually tell they're brown when you're beside me!! I've been comparing with my brother, who had the same color eyes as me and I now have lighter eyes then him Big Grin

I did change my mixture however, I added chamomille tea with the honey and water after researching more, and it's been working great for me so I'm happy! The only annoying side effect I've been having is being sensitive to light, but that's the only thing.

I'll update in 2 weeks from now, and I'll post pictures too and hope to see a dramatic difference by then Smile
Thumbs Up 

I just started this a couple of days ago. I've researched and researched and resolved to using honey and water. I added a pinch of lemon to it as well and put the mixture in an eye dropper.
I can see that my eye lashes are getting longer (though I already had long lashes from using castor oil), but they're definitely getting longer.
I think, and I may be mistaken, that I'm starting to feel a difference in my eye colour. I can see the pupil more clearly now.
I came across this thread while googling the proper way to put the honey mixture, because I'm not sure the eye dropper is the best way to do so.
Is it better to spray it?
P.S. It stings! Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon