Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How much soda or sugary delicacies do you eat?

(28-09-2020, 08:33 AM)hannah Wrote:  
(19-09-2020, 12:05 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  As long as it doesn’t displace nutritious foods and it’s spread out then a little bit of sugar is fine.  I’d worry more about your teeth than anything.

Keep in mind each can of soda is equal to an entire candy bar.  Multiple cans can displace nutritious food and is a big problem.  A little candy is nothing.

In general make sure you’re getting enough nutritious foods rather than worrying about what to avoid.  Unless the “bad” food is enough to replace good foods.  The worst foods are over processed nutrition destroyed foods like canned foods that might replace a whole meal.  Refined or dehydrated too (unless naturally dry).  Frozen is fine though.

One soda beeing equal to a candybar gets me to think I should really stop drinking soda. But it is part of my habits. Most of the times I drink juice...is that just as bad in your opinion? I know juice qualty varies, I do buy the better ones with real fruit in it and no added sugar.

And what about canned vegetables like lentils etc? Are they bad too?
Canned vegetables, beans and grains are the worst because their most important nutrients are heat sensitive.  You can look at the usda nutrient database and compare canned to fresh; almost nothing left of water soluble vitamins and so forth.  Including nutrients essential for development, including breast development, and for metabolism.  I’d say large amounts of nutritionally barren foods displacing nutritious foods are the real danger, not a small piece of candy now and then.  Like canned foods, sham powders like vitamin-less protein powders or even vitamin fortified foods and powders that lack the hundreds of known and unknown beneficial molecules in real food and then add a handful of them to look good.

Keep that in mind when looking at the nutrient database: the list is a helpful small snapshot of a foods benefits but you can’t just replace what they measure and get everything.  You’re missing what they don’t measure, including many molecules we’ve already studied and know to be essential.  For example alpha tocopherol vitamin E is often completely useless in studies except for a specific deficiency, while real foods contain other tocopherols, tocotrienols and other fat soluble antioxidants.  Vitamin E rich foods otoh are super beneficial for heart function and other body functions.  At least a handful of almonds or sunflower seeds, as almost all other sources have way less.

For beans try dry ones instead.  Simply cook for a couple hours in water.  Follow a recipe, adding after soft, or just salt and pepper or any seasoning. Or better yet soak for a few hours and drain to improve nutrition a little, improve digestibility and reduce farts.  In the case of lentils they cook up in only 20 minutes from dry, unlike most other beans.  Perhaps because they’re so thin.  Use 3 parts water to 1 part lentils, by volume.

I used to love lentils with onion, salt and pepper.  Sometimes I’d crack an egg right into the cooking water.  Way more delicious than canned and a quick cheap college staple. I still have them now and then, but in a more complicated recipe I find online.

(28-09-2020, 03:17 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(19-09-2020, 12:05 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  As long as it doesn’t displace nutritious foods and it’s spread out then a little bit of sugar is fine.  I’d worry more about your teeth than anything.

Keep in mind each can of soda is equal to an entire candy bar.  Multiple cans can displace nutritious food and is a big problem.  A little candy is nothing.

In general make sure you’re getting enough nutritious foods rather than worrying about what to avoid.  Unless the “bad” food is enough to replace good foods.  The worst foods are over processed nutrition destroyed foods like canned foods that might replace a whole meal.  Refined or dehydrated too (unless naturally dry).  Frozen is fine though.

One soda beeing equal to a candybar gets me to think I should really stop drinking soda. But it is part of my habits. Most of the times I drink juice...is that just as bad in your opinion? I know juice qualty varies, I do buy the better ones with real fruit in it and no added sugar.

Canned vegetables, beans and grains are the worst because their most important nutrients are heat sensitive.  You can look at the usda nutrient database and compare canned to fresh; almost nothing left of water soluble vitamins and so forth.  Including nutrients essential for development, including breast development, and for metabolism.  I’d say large amounts of nutritionally barren foods displacing nutritious foods are the real danger, not a small piece of candy now and then.  Like canned foods, sham powders like vitamin-less protein powders or even vitamin fortified foods and powders that lack the hundreds of known and unknown beneficial molecules in real food and then add a handful of them to look good.

Keep that in mind when looking at the nutrient database: the list is a helpful small snapshot of a foods benefits but you can’t just replace what they measure and get everything.  You’re missing what they don’t measure, including many molecules we’ve already studied and know to be essential.  For example alpha tocopherol vitamin E is often completely useless in studies except for a specific deficiency, while real foods contain other tocopherols, tocotrienols and other fat soluble antioxidants.  Vitamin E rich foods otoh are super beneficial for heart function and other body functions.  At least a handful of almonds or sunflower seeds, as almost all other sources have way less.

For beans try dry ones instead.  Simply cook for a couple hours in water.  Follow a recipe, adding after soft, or just salt and pepper or any seasoning. Or better yet soak for a few hours and drain to improve nutrition a little, improve digestibility and reduce farts.  In the case of lentils they cook up in only 20 minutes from dry, unlike most other beans.  Perhaps because they’re so thin.  Use 3 parts water to 1 part lentils, by volume.

I used to love lentils with onion, salt and pepper.  Sometimes I’d crack an egg right into the cooking water.  Way more delicious than canned and a quick cheap college staple. I still have them now and then, but in a more complicated recipe I find online.

Yes I prefer fresh too. But I am in a busy time of my life and then I grab canned ones it saves me time and mess..and what about prepackaged in glass?

Oh yess lovely, lentils with onions, or with onions, garlic, rice and sundried tomatoes, some chicken..olives.  I made soups of it but it is years ago I forgot the recipe.. I used to get everything fresh, but with a more busy schedule it is almostly un-do-able to cook fresh every day.
So what do you think about supplements? For example calcium supplements? Or mineral supplements, there are very good ones between the bad ones Imo.

Yes I know people who live on powdered shakes..sounds so bad, you cant compare it to fresh whole foods. But vegetables are said to contain a lot less good substances then say 100 years ago.. so we cant skip supplementing here and there I think..a good diet might not be enough for all needs.

(29-09-2020, 10:14 PM)hannah Wrote:  

Yes I prefer fresh too. But I am in a busy time of my life and then I grab canned ones it saves me time and mess..and what about prepackaged in glass?

Oh yess lovely, lentils with onions, or with onions, garlic, rice and sundried tomatoes, some chicken..olives.  I made soups of it but it is years ago I forgot the recipe.. I used to get everything fresh, but with a more busy schedule it is almostly un-do-able to cook fresh every day.
So what do you think about supplements? For example calcium supplements? Or mineral supplements, there are very good ones between the bad ones Imo.

Yes I know people who live on powdered shakes..sounds so bad, you cant compare it to fresh whole foods. But vegetables are said to contain a lot less good substances then say 100 years ago.. so we cant skip supplementing here and there I think..a good diet might not be enough for all needs.
Glass jar is no better.  Super high temperature pressure boiled is super high temperature pressure boiled.  Try frozen to save time instead.  Studies often show little or no effect from supplements.  You usually need real food, except for some.  It is hard to get enough nutrition, but some veggies are more nutritious.  There’s a list in my sig thread along with other ideas.  If you try to do it with other foods then you would need a good majority of your diet to be fresh whole grains/seeds/beans and veggies.

(30-09-2020, 02:50 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

Glass jar is no better.  Super high temperature pressure boiled is super high temperature pressure boiled.  Try frozen to save time instead.  Studies often show little or no effect from supplements.  You usually need real food, except for some.  It is hard to get enough nutrition, but some veggies are more nutritious.  There’s a list in my sig thread along with other ideas.  If you try to do it with other foods then you would need a good majority of your diet to be fresh whole grains/seeds/beans and veggies.

Could you tell me which vegetables are especially nutritious? I cant find them in your sig thread.. and you do advise msm in your thread, as a supplement..? Personally I took that in the past...and it didnt had a major effect on me..besides a glowy skin and more beautiful eyes...some minor cosmetic changes...

(30-09-2020, 09:00 AM)hannah Wrote:  
(28-09-2020, 08:33 AM)hannah Wrote:  One soda beeing equal to a candybar gets me to think I should really stop drinking soda. But it is part of my habits. Most of the times I drink juice...is that just as bad in your opinion? I know juice qualty varies, I do buy the better ones with real fruit in it and no added sugar.

Could you tell me which vegetables are especially nutritious? I cant find them in your sig thread.. and you do advise msm in your thread, as a supplement..? Personally I took that in the past...and it didnt had a major effect on me..besides a glowy skin and more beautiful eyes...some minor cosmetic changes...
Hopefully my sig is showing up now if it wasn’t already before.  https://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23076&pid=206417#pid206417
Starting with “escarole...”

Usually if you get the nutritious foods it also has plenty of sulfurous protein which replaces MSM (which is organic sulfur).  It’s good for collagen, which is elastic tissue, and requires many months to have much effect.  As do many nutrients.  Your body contains a 100 day supply of many so they don’t change you overnight.  Also good so you don’t die or slow down immediately from being short on something essential.  Every nutrient is part of some function.

(30-09-2020, 03:39 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(30-09-2020, 09:00 AM)hannah Wrote:  
(28-09-2020, 03:17 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Canned vegetables, beans and grains are the worst because their most important nutrients are heat sensitive.  You can look at the usda nutrient database and compare canned to fresh; almost nothing left of water soluble vitamins and so forth.  Including nutrients essential for development, including breast development, and for metabolism.  I’d say large amounts of nutritionally barren foods displacing nutritious foods are the real danger, not a small piece of candy now and then.  Like canned foods, sham powders like vitamin-less protein powders or even vitamin fortified foods and powders that lack the hundreds of known and unknown beneficial molecules in real food and then add a handful of them to look good.

Hopefully my sig is showing up now if it wasn’t already before.  https://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23076&pid=206417#pid206417
Starting with “escarole...”

Usually if you get the nutritious foods it also has plenty of sulfurous protein which replaces MSM (which is organic sulfur).  It’s good for collagen, which is elastic tissue, and requires many months to have much effect.  As do many nutrients.  Your body contains a 100 day supply of many so they don’t change you overnight.  Also good so you don’t die or slow down immediately from being short on something essential.  Every nutrient is part of some function.

it's seems to be a new formulation in town where you get all the benefits which is Allicin Garlic Supplement, this is an strong garlic capsules must use for the cancerous patients.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon