Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Comprehensive NBE Program

(01-09-2018, 05:40 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(29-08-2018, 02:59 PM)Freckled.red.fox Wrote:  Hi surferjoe! I have been on and off this site for 10 years. I tried a few things, but never been consistent because i was always pregnant or breastfeeding. I have 5 girls (from 9yrs to 13 months). Im still breastfeeding the baby, but figured i could at least start with the nutritional part of the program. Im 33 and im 35.5-28.5-40.5 and im about 140lbs 5'6"

I was always a pear shaped (nice hips and bum) but very small breasts. I developped early and stopped early too lol... a small 34A. I used birth control very young (between 14 and 15) it was probably too strong...made me sick and i gained like 20lbs....on my hips and bum....nothing in my breasts....when i stopped the birth control, i lost some fullness, but kept my hips. I had eating disorder  because of it as a teenager (always trying to lose weight and not eating properly. Either too much or too lottle. After that, it was always hard to lose weight especially my lower body (exept when i was pregant, i was always more proportionate, never gain much weight, but lost my hips and thighs....never got more than 34b when pregnant or breastfeeding (maybe a C when my milk first came)
I know that once i stop breastfeeding ill be less than A and saggy :Sad

i plan to test my hormones in a few months, i figure theres no point while breasfeeding. 
Ive been doing the nut mix for about a month now, i started the rice bran this week. I started vit D too. Im vegetarian, I do eat eggs, but no fish, i will see what i can do for the epa/dha. I started to sprout mung beans and alfalfa seeds. I drink spinach smoothies every morning ( i now mix half of my nut mix in my smoothie and eat the other half in my salad for supper) i eat lots of sauerkrout (that i make myself). I eat tofu, sweet potatoes,  beans, rice, im cutting down on my sugar intake....trying too. 

Is there anything else i can do for the next few months before starting my plan ( i plan to breastfeed maybe another month or 2)?

There are vegan EPA/DHA supplements.  Shoot for about 1,000-1,500 mg total.  Plus 1/2 tbsp-1 tbsp chia seeds for ALAs.  Watch out for vegan supplements with ALA omega 3s to cut costs.  They are important too but they aren't the same as EPA/DHA.  Omega 3 eggs have a small amount of ALA/EPA/DHA.  It's not enough, but since you should eat eggs anyway you can take a little less EPA/DHA pills.  Shellfish have no brain at all in case that helps.  Extremely good in pregnancy and breastfeeding for the baby too.  If possible you can do extra in the short term to catch up.

A tiny bit of kelp or iodized salt is important too of course.

Spinach is one of the healthiest foods in the world.  A 1/4 lb. spinach can replace 1/4 cup of the nuts.  8 parts brown rice (dry measure) can replace 1 part rice bran.  The other foods seem healthy too.

After you test your hormones there's PC for more progesterone (and limit PM), PM for more estrogen (and limit PC), and other than that my first sig link should have you covered.  If your testosterone is really high you can combine SPE and mint instead of using only one.  Or their listed substitutes.

I really appreciate your help. Ill do that for a few months and come back.

I can no longer have access to rice bran, even online. Whats the next best? Oat bran, wheat bran, wheat germ, or something completely different? I do eat brown rice, but not everyday.

(13-09-2018, 10:47 PM)Freckled.red.fox Wrote:  I can no longer have access to rice bran, even online. Whats the next best? Oat bran, wheat bran, wheat germ, or something completely different? I do eat brown rice, but not everyday.

2,000+ mg turmeric.  Whole turmeric, not those 95% curcumin extracts.  That's the main thing, for the antioxidants.  Beyond that you can increase the nuts a tiny bit for the other nutrients.  Maybe another 1/8 cup total.

Amazon has rice bran, btw, as do many of the larger health food stores.

It takes 8 parts (dry measure) brown rice to replace 1 part rice bran.

(14-09-2018, 02:26 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(13-09-2018, 10:47 PM)Freckled.red.fox Wrote:  I can no longer have access to rice bran, even online. Whats the next best? Oat bran, wheat bran, wheat germ, or something completely different? I do eat brown rice, but not everyday.

2,000+ mg turmeric.  Whole turmeric, not those 95% curcumin extracts.  That's the main thing, for the antioxidants.  Beyond that you can increase the nuts a tiny bit for the other nutrients.  Maybe another 1/8 cup total.

Amazon has rice bran, btw, as do many of the larger health food stores.

It takes 8 parts (dry measure) brown rice to replace 1 part rice bran.

Thanks! I never looked on amazon.com. i usually shop on amazon.ca because im in canada and not close to a big city, i already looked at my natural store. Anyway, ill look it up! Thanks again!

Hi joe, I agree with you, less than A cup has no biological sense, what I see is a lot of anorexic models who have bigger boobs than me (but they re quite underweight) 
I was 3kg overweight some years ago and I used to wear A cup bras (but I never filled half of them, it was because in my country I can find only A cup bras)

So, now my weight is ok, i’m Not obese but I define myself a fat girl, a normal small size for my body should be a C cup. In my country every girl has big boobs (skinny girls too) the most common size is D, so, it’s nonsense for me To be an AA. 

Well, now I ask you, maybe PM (and other estrogenic herbs) and BO didn’t work because I didnt low my androgens? should I try again? 
I think my nutrition is good and I do exercise everyday. 
What the hell is wrong in my body?

(01-10-2018, 06:51 PM)Cely Wrote:  Hi joe, I agree with you, less than A cup has no biological sense, what I see is a lot of anorexic models who have bigger boobs than me (but they re quite underweight) 
I was 3kg overweight some years ago and I used to wear A cup bras (but I never filled half of them, it was because in my country I can find only A cup bras)

So, now my weight is ok, i’m Not obese but I define myself a fat girl, a normal small size for my body should be a C cup. In my country every girl has big boobs (skinny girls too) the most common size is D, so, it’s nonsense for me To be an AA. 

Well, now I ask you, maybe PM (and other estrogenic herbs) and BO didn’t work because I didnt low my androgens? should I try again? 
I think my nutrition is good and I do exercise everyday. 
What the hell is wrong in my body?

I would always use progesterone together with estrogen regardless.  If progesterone cream isn't available in your country, there is vitex but it is weak.  So you can't use much estrogenic herbs with it, especially if your estrogen is high and your progesterone is low already.  That is common with a pear shape but the only way to be certain is a hormone test.

Try the food mix in my first sig link to make sure you're getting all the nutrition you need.  Otherwise you have to add it all up here: https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/ .  Not only everything with an RDI, but also essential fatty acids, choline, iodine, etc.  Also not listed there is antioxidants, which are best gotten from rice bran/brown rice or 2,000+ mg whole turmeric.  So the food mix is simpler to follow.

Then after 2-6 months I'd also try the herbs listed minus any PM or red clover or flax seeds.  You can add in a small amount of those later if your only progesterone is vitex.  Or more later if you can get progesterone cream.  But wait and add in little by little, and then only after you get results from less.  Which might sometimes take the full 6 months after starting the food mix.

Thanks joe, yes I can order PCin my country, but i’m Scared to use it and I don’t know how to dose it. I should study more! 

What about the use of dong quai in the lutheal phase? I find it in a lot of programs...

About the nutrition... I always follow your informations, you’re so inspiring!

(02-10-2018, 08:39 AM)Cely Wrote:  What about the use of dong quai in the lutheal phase? I find it in a lot of programs...
I couldn't find clear information on how dong quai works.  It seems to have health benefits that probably aren't all hormonal.  It doesn't necessarily have an estrogen or progesterone effect but it can help with health in ways both related to and unrelated to hormones.   If you use it most likely you would take it all cycle in addition to other herbs, not necessarily for NBE by itself.  Though it may or may not help with that too.  Mainly it seems like something that is good for female issues as well as heart, liver and bone health.

I find a progesterone cream on biovea, it is easy to dose, so, I don’t risk to overdose, I think I could try.
Is a good choice to do EVening primrose oil in follicular+progesterone in lutheal? Or maybe should I use PM+PC? 
I also like the idea of using PM cream in follicular only.

Do u know if EPO has a pro-aromatase effect? Someone claims this on longhair forum

(05-10-2018, 09:32 PM)Cely Wrote:  I find a progesterone cream on biovea, it is easy to dose, so, I don’t risk to overdose, I think I could try.
Is a good choice to do EVening primrose oil in follicular+progesterone in lutheal? Or maybe should I use PM+PC? 
I also like the idea of using PM cream in follicular only.

Do u know if EPO has a pro-aromatase effect? Someone claims this on longhair forum

If you use PM in luteal keep the dose low at that time, such as 100 mg.  Or you may use a different phytoestrogen instead during luteal such as red clover or flax.

I don't know if EPO is pro-aromatase but it seems unlikely since males use it too.  As far as I can tell it seems to be mostly for GLA and most people can make their own GLA.  Especially with good nutrition like the food mix.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon