Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Which protein shake do you use?

I was just wondering why we hadn't seen you in awhile sissy. Glad you joined in and I agree. I like the taste of the walmart chocolate ones.

They've got a pretty decent taste and it seems like you and I both have used them and still had really good luck growing with bountiful breast.

Mel

Hi Mel, I'm still around, but I've been pretty busy lately. You know, I may have spoken too soon about that 6 star shake, they just changed the chocolate formula to a double chocolate, and although still better than others......it's almost too rich for me.

I just had my first one of the new version and was thinking of going around to the other walmarts in town to buy up any of the old ones they have. Is this the same one that you use?

--Sissy

Yep, I think it's 14.95 at our walmart. So they have changed it to a double chocolate? Well buggar, I might as well use up the one I got from BB before getting more. LOL, sometimes people just can't leave a good thing alone.

I also currently have the Walmart one, and it tastes very good. I would like to try the Isolate, and it's whey protein isolate, thanks for the warning sissy. I've heard that it's better for the digestion and I get slight bloating from using concentrate so we'll see how it goes. I usually wouldn't pay more for my shake, but this brand is actually cheaper than most concentrates. Mel, I'm happy to hear that it's getting you results, it's a relief that I don't have to pay more for quality. Btw it's called Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate.

Here is a list of high protein foods that I've found from a little research. You can include these in your diet to boost your protein intake.

Source---------------Protein per Serving
Whey----------------24g/30g scoop (varies with brand)
Tuna--------------.--40g/can
Egg------------------6g/egg
Ground beef----------25g/100g
Milk------------------8g/glass (250ml)
Cheese-----------..--25g/100g
Tofu------------....--8g/100g
Yogurt----------....--8g/150g
Chicken breast---...--25g/100g
Fish(cod)----........-.-21g/100g
Beans---------------.6-9g/100g

wow I need to pay more attention to labels! I eat tuna salad sandwiches often, never knew a can had so much! And I eat 2 eggs sometimes in the morning. And I drink milk, so hmm I may be getting more than 90g of protein per day, as the slimfast bars I each also have protein and I drink 50g of protein in shake form each day.

hey everyone... just be careful of how much protein you have at a time. your body can only process roughly i think it is 25g of protein at a time, so much more than that is a waste. if you make one of those 50g powershakes, have half and then wait an hour or two before drinking the other half. i used to make supershakes and have half in the morning and put half in the fridge for when i got home at night.

i use whatever brand is cheap.... i live in germany so i have the military base to choose from. not a lot of options.

oh! by the way, regarding slimfast, they now have a high protein version. 15g per can... it's a little expensive for a can of four, though. cheaper to just buy mix and make a shake at home if you have the time. i only use them for when i just don't have time...

emmiedee, are you American and stationed there or German and just like to shop on base? I'm currently stationed in Cuba, you wanna talk about limited selection lol you should try coming to the NEX here! Oh, and when I say 50g of protein in shake form, I make smoothies, I currently have a protein mix that is 25g per scoop, I make an entire blender full and add 2 scoops, giving the blender full 50g of protein, I drink half of the blender right after making it. I then put the rest in the fridge and have it for hours later. I like doing it this way because I get in my protein and my fruit. I also put yogurt in it.

I just started BB and I'm using their chocolate drink, one in the morning about an hour after I take my BB pill on an empty stomach. I sure don't like the taste but figure I'll get used to it!

hmmm I would have never have thought to look at the base for protien shakes, I'll have to do that the next time I'm there. do you find them in the BX or the commisary?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon