Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Which protein shake do you use?

Hey everyone,

I just ordered 13.5 months worth of BB pills and I am waiting for them to arrive. I have about 1lb of whey protein that I bought before so I will be using that for now. I am planning of taking 50g of protein a day (not including my diet). I calculated it and it comes to about $30 a month. That's a lot of money for me, so I am looking for other cheaper brands.

Which brand do you use? How much does it cost? Also include how you like it and of course if it tastes good.

Well, I bought the protien shakes from BB, but had bought a thing of the chocolate whey protien shake to hold me over from walmart when I was waiting for BB's to arrive due to a mishap in my order. Anyway, after tasting the walmart ones, when the BB ones arrived I just couldn't stomach them. LOL, they tasted terrible compared to Walmarts brand, so I have continued with the walmart ones. The BB shakes are probably better, but I would prefer to like something if I have to do it every day of the week.

Hi Hazel, i also take the BB shakes and when i first started with them i hated the taste, but after a while there not that bad, and now i actully enjoy them, i always say they are like coffee, the first time you taste coffee its horrible but the more you drink it you start to enjoy it and start liking the taste lol well thats how it was for me lol, if you think protein shakes taste bad then please dont try what i was also drinking at the start of my NBE, Half a pint of milk, 3 raw eggs, and a bannana lol all blended together, not the best taste in the world lol, but i think which ever protein you choose you will just get use to it and just keep thinking what its doing to your boobs lol, good luck hun. xxxx

Currently I'm drinking a whey protein shake mix by twinlab. It was I believe $38 when I bought it and that was 3 months ago, I bought it to use for working out. When I started BO a month and a half ago I started drinking it daily. I still have a good amount left, I'd say 1/3 of the container left, but it is a really big container. Before buying this brand I was using muscletech and it is in smaller containers and cost more. I tried the walmart brand in the past, forgot what the name of it was, and it tasted good. I'd say the best tasting shake I ever tried would be slimfast, but each shake does not have a whole lot of protein, I think only 8g. Out of twinlab, muscletech, and the walmart brand, muscletech was the best tasting. But all of them were pretty good. I typically make smoothies everyday and put the powder in the smoothie, and I don't even taste the protein shake, I only taste the fruit. So I'm getting my daily servings of fruit and getting my protein for my boobies.

But wow if you didn't have much money for protein shakes, you could have bought a cheaper BO brand then you would have had money for protein shakes.

Oh, this is how my daily protein intake normally is. I eat a slimfast bar for breakfast they have anywhere from 7 to 9g of protein, and they have fiber. For lunch I eat a sensible meal, some type of meat, some veggies, and some kind of bread. For dinner I make the protein smoothies, typically I make a full blender full, I'll drink half of it after I make it, put the rest in the fridge and drink the rest a few hours later before bed. Between meals I sometimes get snacks, typically something healthy like carrot sticks with ranch dressing, an apple, or a slimfast snack bar. The snack bars don't have alot of protein but they have vitamins and such. Oh, I take my BO right after eating each time.

Anastasia, you are right, I did choose the most expensive BO brand out there. I chose BB mostly because they have the money back guarantee, and if I don't chicken out, I will get measured this weekBlush. Also I think I got a good deal ($40/month). I didn't know how much protein shakes were gonna cost me when I ordered BB, but it's worth it.

I am looking for the least expensive option, otherwise I would use the BB brand since Cheryl's seeing such great results. Also taste is important for me too. How many lb was the container you bought Anastasia and where did you get it? Thank you girls so much, I've been going through your posts and I feel like you've answered a lot of my questions and given me lots of hope.

It's a 5 lb container, and it has 25g of protein per scoop, I use two scoops a day. I got it locally, I'm on a Military base, so the only store here is the NEX (Navy Exchange). But I'm sure you could find something at walmart or GNC or something. Have you looked on amazon for a good deal? I'd say get one that has at least 25g per scoop. Oh and the brand of BO I use has a 6 month money back guarantee, but you have to go to a doctor and get measured before taking it, then again after 6 months of taking it, and they ask you keep a daily log. But they do have a money back guarantee just like BB. The price I paid isn't much so I didn't care about the guarantee, plus I've blown money on herbs and other things before, so it's no big deal to me. And it's 19.95 a month if you buy one bottle at a time, the packages come out to 17 something a month. But yes, protein shakes are expensive. I sometimes get protein bars too, but most the time just eat slimfast bars.

I was looking around on amazon as I want a nonflavored powder to use since I mix the protein in smoothies, and if it wasn't flavored I could mix it in chocolate milk, etc. and I found this... http://www.amazon.com/Whey-Protein-Isola...d_sbs_gf_6

It says it has 50g of protein per serving (normally a serving is one scoop that they include in the tub) and it says it has 81 servings per 5lb tub, so that's 81 days. Not bad. I think I might order it, but going to check the local store here and see if they have something similar. They no longer had the one I bought last time, when I went to the store I looked, they only had muscletech and creatine. I don't need creatine. So a powder that has 50g of protein per serving sounds nice, especially nonflavored, then I can add my own flavor.

That sounds like a good deal. Unfortunately I live in Canada and Amazon doesn't ship here, and our Amazon doesn't carry it. I did find some online that are reasonably priced, with alright shipping. I'm going to order a couple brands and see which one I like over the next few months. I even found an isolate for $33 for a 5lb tub. I'm going to try that smoothie too, it sounds yummy.

I think I know which BO you're talking about, but I didn't know they had a money back guarantee. And at such a low price.

Yea if you go here, http://www.medplex.com/ultrabreast.html it talks about the guarantee. I believe BB has the same type of guarantee where you have to be measured by a doctor. And yep, I love smoothies, I just put in some water, nonfat plain yogurt, my fruit of choice, ice, and the protein powder mix. If the powder is unflavored I'll have to add a little sugar, but no big deal. Sometimes I put in fruit juice instead of water, depends how much juice we have as that's what my son drinks.

I use the Six Star Muscle Fuel from Walmart also. I tried every shake on the market. Jay Robb is the best tasting, and possibly the best quality.....but it would cost $30 a week to use. My second choice is the one from Walmart, it actually is very good tasting, it's like a little chocolate treat for me. I also use the vanilla and make fruit smoothies sometimes. The price keeps going up and down, from $15.97 to $18.97 now, and hopefully back down soon.

Make sure that you use a "Whey" protein, and it's supposed to be Whey Protein Isolate. The 6 Star brand is only part isolate, but it's worked ok for me so I stick with it.

--Sissy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon