Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How does phytoestrogen synergy work?

(18-07-2011, 06:11 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Fenugreek, shatavari and I think maca deregulate hormone activity, increasing the effects of existing hormones and thus tend to be the main part of most programs. Some herbs such as fennel provide prolactin; these also tend to be popular for lactation. Some are for progesterone. Some such as saw palmetto reduce DHT, the stronger testosterone. Some provide nutrients, raw materials, such as MSM or omega 3s. Increasing insulin sensitivity such as cinnamon (bark or leaf) or cloves, and increasing HGH production (e.g., L-arginine or a food source of it) plays a smaller role. AFAIK for actual phytoestrogens they compete with each other and with real estrogen, and can saturate receptors so that there's no more room left, so it is more effective to have the strongest type rather than a large amount.

See this is what I thought, I read that Fenugreek helps your body use your hormones better because I have seen Fenugreek in testosterone boosters. I read that if you are male Fenugreek will help your body use testosterone and if you are female the Fenugreek will help your body use estrogen better. I also read that it helps your liver process hormones better. As for Fenugreek having phytoestrogens, I have never read that. I could be totally wrong, correct me if I am wrong please.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon