Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Skin getting so irritated!

Advice from Brava users needed!
November 5 2008 at 8:21 PM roakie (Login roakie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. I got my Brava system on Monday. I have already put in 15 hours Monday night and 16 hours last night. I am trying to accomplish as much as I can in the 6 weeks before I leave for my week over Christmas.

My breasts are swelling a lot, the suction is nice and tight with the smartbox, and I have had no problems sleeping.

However, my biggest problem is the irritation from the domes, most especially near my armpits. I am doing what Louise suggested, which is to use diaper rash ointment/zinc oxide, essentially, all around the irritated parts in the morning when I remove the system. However, I am wondering if the no-sting skin prep is adding to the problem of the irritation. The domes are just big enough that they protrude halfway into my armpits! I had to re-adjust them in the middle of the night on the left side because it was pulling in my armpit and felt like it was ripping the skin.

Will the domes stick without the No-sting prep? It almost feels like glue on my skin, and like the domes are stuck so hard they will rip the skin. I think Louise stated that she doesn't even use it. Does anyone else go without it and use an alternative?

Also, has anyone noticed stretch marks from the swelling? I have nursed three children and it may just be that I was so flat before, I never noticed the stretch marks underneath my nipple. This morning, my breasts were so swollen that I noticed numerous tiny silver stretch marks under the nipples on the right side. But, new stretch marks are purple, right???? Maybe these are old. Still, is it possible to avoid new stretch marks when wearning the domes? How about coconut oil on the breast where they don't touch the domes?

I actually had vertical lines all around my chest this morning from the silicone sticky substance outlining the domes. Again, do I really need to use that skin prep or can I use oil or something that won't harm the sticky substance on the domes but still allow them to retain good suction?

This is going to be a long, long, long haul......I can already tell! But, I am excited.

Also, problem with huge nipples! Should I stick a bandaid over them to keep them down? I am afraid they will be five inches long by next week!

The bra is also very irritating. Can I just hold them up with a different type of sports bra? Then I guess I have nothing to hold the smartbox.

Any and all advice will be most appreciated - especially concerning the use of other products to protect the skin other than using that no-sting prep that feels like glue ready to rip my skin if the domes move a hundredth of an inch!

Thanks, all.

Author Reply
jennifer
(no login) Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 6 2008, 12:25 AM

I have been using brava for many weeks now. My swelling has never caused any strech marks on me especially this past week. The swelling wasn't good at all. I had lots of skin irritation when I first used brava. The no-sting prep actually helped me a lot. Now I had to spend almost $40 to buy them once every 7weeks. It's way too expensive but... Besides that I have been using lots of lotions like Eucerin for dry skin. I tried NOT to listen to brava's instrution on washing my breasts before putting the domes on because washing too offen is bad for the skin. I remember taping the nipples down continously for a few days and eventually the last day when I took the tape off in the morning, I ended up with a broken skin arround nipple area. Now I just leave them alone. I know there are girls in this forum had taped down their nipples. Just be very careful. I still have a dark mark beyond the nipple area from last lesson.
I'm not sure if my experience has any help to you or not. Our bodies react so differently. I hope you find the best way of handling your problems soon.
Good luck. Time can get by really fast.

Edit Message Delete Message

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 6 2008, 7:49 AM

Thanks, Jennifer. Do you find that the Brava bra is irritating? Have you tried using any other type of bra to hold the domes in place? Also, do your domes touch at the sternum? I know they aren't supposed to but if I don't place them together, they end up in my armpits. My sternum is a very irritating place for me. I am very thin, and all I have is thin skin over my sternum and ribs in the center. There is no fat at all for cushioning and I always feel like the skin is going to tear. I have tried putting a light layer of coconut oil in between the domes at the sternum once they are in place.

This message has been edited by roakie on Nov 6, 2008 7:52 AM

amy
(no login) Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 6 2008, 4:00 PM

I have had the same sternum problem and extreme discomfort.

the no sting prep wipes really applied thick up in sternum area helps tremendously-maybe use 2 wipes.

it gets better with time3 for me im on week 3 and its just getting better and i am all bones on my top half too.

im only getting 1/2 cup swelling and nothing is lasting-CANT WAIT FOR MORE SWELLING!

HOPE THIS DOESNT MEAN THAT IS ONLY AS BIG AS I CAN GET,.......

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 6 2008, 6:50 PM

Amy and Jennifer - do either of you get vertical lines all around your breast from the squishy silicone rims pressing so hard into your skin? Also, do you find that the domes extend into your armpits on the upper half, making it hard to keep the seal? I have to place the domes almost totally together at the sternum and they still stick into my armpits. There seems to be no way to position them to make them fit better.

amy
(no login) Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 7 2008, 1:33 AM

yes i get the vertical lines horibly but now ,a few days into week 3 they r getting so their just indents for a while not really red/skin getting used to it probly.

how long have you been using brava?

i do think my domes have been compromised due to them rubbing together cuz my silicone in the rims is bubbling or cracking,no breaks yet though.

im using medium domes and today my breasts actually touched the domes end-so i will need to upgrade in a week or 2 2 large domes-but my boobs are skinny,thin not wide yet.idk maybe they need to get shape to them.saggy lil aa dont know whats going on lol

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 7 2008, 2:52 AM

Amy - I am only on my fourth night. I have noticed the last 2 nights that the domes are starting to have a hard time forming a tight seal near my armpits. The first two nights I could move my arms around. Now I can't or the seal by my armpit breaks. I am hoping this doesn't mean that after a week or two, the domes just don't keep a tight seal at all. I have gone for fifteen hours the last three days and the swelling stays for about three hours, and then it is back down to total flatness. My nipples are the sorest part. Also, it feels like my pec muscles are getting more of a workout than all the years I have doing pushups! That is amazing that you are starting to reach the end of your domes. I am so flat that I have at least three or four inches between the end of the nipple and the dome. We'll see! I tried the double skin wipe and it does feel better on my sternum right now. Of course, I have only had them on for ten minutes tonight! My husband and I have to go pick up my 20-year old at the airport tonight and I will wait in the car while he goes in to meet her. She already thinks I am crazy for doing this, but she has no idea how honking big these things are!!! I am somewhat embarassed that she will see me going to such great lengths to achieve even an A cup, but desperate women call for desperat measures, right? Men just don't understand what it is like to not even be able to pull a shirt on in the morning without agonizing over a complete lack of a chest. I hope this works, and I am trying to stay positive, especially since I have many, many months to go! Onward, and hopefully, fuller and outward!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 7 2008, 3:08 AM

I have figured out that the major irritation at my sternum comes from that little edge of plastic that extends out from the silicone gummy ring. It won't lie flat and part of it keeps folding under. It feels like a knife against that tender skin in the center. I keep trying to fold it out but it won't stay. I have been rubbing coconut oil on my skin at the sternum once the domes are stuck on, but it doesnt' help. I wish I could trim that plastic edge. What do you think? Would it cut into the silicone seal?

jennifer
(no login) Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 7 2008, 3:46 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by vertical lines all around the breasts. my skin where the domes lay on gets red and pressed in in the morning right after I take the domes off. It's like two big rings around my breasts. Between the two rings my skin is always red. It takes a few hours to go back to normal. I would just wash the no-sting prep off with Dove soap bar for sensitive skin and put on Eucerin lotion on the ring area. I can't wear low-cut clothes right after taking the domes off. It's too obvious with the rings showing off my secret. The outer rim of the domes always extend to my armpits. I have wide-large domes and my underbust is only 27-28 inches. I guess if somebody has bigger frame, the domes probably won't extend that far. Mine do that all the time. Every day I try to divide the center part between my breasts into two equal portions and making sure when I put on the first dome I'm leave the other dome equal amt of space. The inner rim of the two domes kind of squeezed next to each other to share the very limited space. The outer rim of the domes I make sure they flare out. They do extend to my armpits. YOU HAVE TO FLARE OUT THE RIM otherwise it's going to hurt pretty bad. I had that kind of experience before. Flareing out the rim can decrease the pulling pressure. I guess when you spreading the rim, the pressure where the rim lay against will have larger skin contact area. The force will spread and you won't feel as painful. I hope my explaination making sense to you because English is not my native language. Anyway, I'm using the sports bra for 19 weeks since it holds the domes better. I think there are girls in this forum have dissussed the bra issue before and they concluded some other alternatives. Because it has never borthered me, so I just keep using the same brava bra.
TO AMY, Don't worry about the 1/2 inch swelling in the morning. When I first started, It was half inch swelling in the morning too. I got more swelling after probably 5-6 weeks of wearing. Then I got about 1 inch swell, then 2 inches, then 2.5 inches. Until last week, strange things happened, I lost all the big swell for no reason. Now I 'm back to about 1 inch swell again which I don't like.
Look Luck to you all grow big boobs!

Stacy Ellen
(no login) complaints! November 7 2008, 3:40 PM

I also get the funny vertical ridges all around my breast.....my biggest complaint is (someone else mentioned this) is that rim around the very edge...it is very sharp, especially when the domes are somewhat new, and it can feel like a knife. Sometimes I have to line my sternum area with bandaids to provide a barrier but they don't provide much of a cushion. Some nights I just count the hours before I can take them off. I also am getting a rash around the edge of wear the domes seal, and I am constantly getting "itches" where you can't reach them unless you break the seal. Very annoying!!!! My husband is always asking me what I am doing sitting up in bed for the fifth time in an hour....I am always trying to reach an itch and then sucking my air back out when I break the seal.

Roakie...I am with you on the armpit situation.....I think the domes are constructed too wide! It is impossible not to overlap in the middle (and the coaches tell you not to.) Even overlapped, the dome is in my armpit. I sometimes have a problem with my arm tingling and going to sleep because the dome is on a nerve in my armpit. And, even overlapped, my boob is not in the middle of the dome. They point more toward the inner edge of the dome than the middle. So even though technically there is plenty of growing room in my size L domes, my boobs are almost touching by morning because they are leaning toward the edge. I ask myself why I don't stop now! I am at week 14 and started at a small B and would probably maintain a full B if I stopped now but this morning swelling is so addictive! I feel like a Victoria's Secret model until about 2:00 in the afternoon, filling out my C cup bras. My goal is to go at least 20 weeks (to keep my full B, small C) But if I want to get to a fuller C, I will need to go at least another 10 weeks, and I don't know if I can stand it that long! I will have to take a month off or so somewhere in the middle.

Keep plugging along...I know in the end it is worth it. For some reason, breasts make us feel more beautiful and good about our bodies. That must be why we torture ourselves!!!!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 7 2008, 4:08 PM

It's weird how the domes are expected to fit smoothly around the armpit, especially since the upper half lays over the pectoral muscle attachment to the upper arm, and then there is a big dip down into the hollow of the underarm. When I put the domes on last night, I noticed that when I move my arm inward, the silicone rim starts to roll under and threatens to undo the suction. I have a big problem when I put the domes on and initially try to create suction, since there is a big gap in the hollow of my armpit. I have to try to press each dome down as hard as I can on the outer edge while the suction is being created. Since I am only in day 4, I worry that this problem will get worse and the domes will eventually refuse to stick.

Stacy, I am with you on that hard plastic edge around the silicone rim. Last night, I put about five applications of coconut oil on my sternum, right along the plastic edges so that the "cutting" was reduced. I also need to tuck a cloth hankerchief under the inside of the bra along the sternum so the smartbox won't bang into my bones! Eventually, I might just try the manual suction like you are doing.

I also agree about feeling more feminine. I had just a tiny bit of swelling the other day when I went to the gym, but I felt so much more confident and less self-conscious. Usually, I am flatter than most young men with developed pecs and I have an uneven rib cage which makes the right side more pronounced. It isn't pronounced breast tissue - it's bones!!!!!!!!!! So, I actually felt pretty good for the first time since breast-feeding 20 years ago.

I will be content if I can retain a full A. Of course, I will probably be like you and then want more.

I am still hoping that these 6 weeks before I leave for Central America over Christmas will not be totally in vain. I am shooting for 15 hours every day until I leave, but there is a good chance I will totally regress and have to start from square one when I get back. Oh well, it is worth the try. There is just no way I could take domes with me and use them discreetly. It will be very primitive conditions with my family all around. Plus, I will probably welcome the break from this and just be ready to enjoy myself.

amy
(no login) Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 8 2008, 3:21 AM

maybe if you lower the domes and see if that feels better for you until your body adjusts.

i know it will cuz mine did but took 3 weeks,i get back pain though from presure or sumthing.

i too have just acquired an itchy red bump that isnt getting better (i applied balmex diaper rash ointment to it cuz it has zinc oxide as main ingredient)

hope it goes away.

thanks for the swelling info-ok it is unimaginable that you will ever swell enough for your nipple to touch the end of a narrow medium dome if your flat-but guess what IT WILL!!!

so i filled out a lightly padded a bra and felt sooo good.I put on a tank and just enjoyed braless boobs for 20 minutes(even though they were red ringed ,white circles lol)

so it will get better roakie-r u using filters for the sweating?that may help 2 so lower or raise ur domes,use 2 prep wipes,a filter and position urself more comfortable in bed...maybe a glass o wine.

well i will do a backflip if i ever swell to a b..a c omg id wear brava 4eva hahah

thanks for the help girls-my swelling lasts 2-3 hours now meaning just off domes to no swelling in that time,its hard to imagine the swelling staying all day until i put brava back on...but cant wait

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 9 2008, 4:00 PM

Last night was miserable!!! I went to bed at 11pm and slept a little bit till my husband came in at 1:am. I heard him get in bed, he started snoring, and I was awake ALL night. The discomfort of the domes, plus the snoring, plus the loss of suction three times when I tried to sleep on my side, added up to one of the worst nights yet.

And I'm only on day 6!!!!

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 10 2008, 1:46 AM

better nights are coming! I sometimes have 3 or 4 bad nights of a couple hours of insomnia plus this tiresome itching inside the domes--it will be so aggrevating that I think I can't keep on but then I have a great night when I sleep all night and the domes don't cause discomfort. AND I look like I had breast implants in the morning Smile
Ahh, the joys of Brava.

Hang in there.

P.S. My husband also snores and when you are already having a hard time sleeping on your back, you want to hold a pillow over his face!

Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 13 2008, 3:52 PM

For your skin, I found that you definitely want to clean the domes with Brava's dome cleanser after removing them and baby shampoo works great for washing skin and Eucerin calming cream after you remove domes (be sure to wash chest again before putting domes back on) and no-sting prep wipes (can be purchased cheaper from American Diabetic Supply - $13.49 for a box of 50). Luckily, I had no skin problems. Try not to tape your nipples, Brava does not recommend it. Swelling of the aerola/nipple will go down first and should not be permanent.

http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com...Detail.bok

For your armpit area, after putting on domes, point your elbows out and carefully loosen the domes on the skin and press back down so they won't pull hard on that area. Also, when sleeping on your back, use small travel pillows under your elbows/arms and behind knees, but do not put them too far up under your shoulders because I found it causes shoulder/armpit area to get marks where the domes dig in from your shoulders being rounded. Try to keep the shoulders flatter and use the pillows lower down.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 15 2008, 7:47 PM

Funny, my hubby doesn't disturb my sleep but I sure disturbed his - I went to visit him in Hong Kong and everytime I moved in the night the domes let out a huge fart noise and I would start swearing! He made me take them off!

The little plastic edge bit is a b*****d but don't cut it off as if you make it short you won't get to the point where the domes mould to your skin better and it lays flat and if you cut it off completely all the silicone will squidge out.

Although elsewhere I'm chubby I'm also very bony around the sternum, you may find you get puffy swelling on the sternum with increased suction - don't worry it goes away. I also get a 'footprint' all round where the domes sit, which last the whole day now down the cleavage area. After my last session it took about 3 months for this to wear off but I bruise and mark very easily and my skin's very very pale.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Advice from Brava users needed! November 15 2008, 7:54 PM

P.S.

Roakie - funny how you said you put a hanky in there! I wear a baggy t-shirt because I can't be bothered with the big bra and sometimes tuck that in. The best thing is to put a lot of lotion on your skin then cut out a big of plastic bag and put that on top of the lotion so it moves freely with all the lubrication underneath. Now put a lot more lotion on top so the domes can run freely over it. This prevents any friction on your skin and is particularly good for healing any areas of broken skin.

Also I'd just ignore the nipple thing, mine have grown a bit but not horribly and they've taken a lot of suction. They don't really swell now either. I was allergic to the hypoallergenic medical tape and the result wasn't pretty!

Skin ....
January 29 2008 at 6:21 PM yingster1 (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I am into my second week now. Thanks to this forum, I don't have problem with suction, even with my wide domes (narrow would have fit me better).

Here's my dilemma. My skin is beginning to adjust, but there's this irritation which leads to skin ulceration in the cleavage area. Scabb was formed and then broke and bleeded a little. Now I really want to gut it out, without stopping the process. I put Bactene in the morning, tried cortizone, benadryl cream, Caladryl clear. Used to cover it with panty liner (heard one suggestion), was better, yesterday bought some wound pad which actually was much more comfortable and less irritating, but this thing is not healing.

Shall I quit until it heals? Boy, really don't want to do that. Or any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Author Reply

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: Skin .... January 30 2008, 2:51 AM

Hmm...I know Louise would suggest zinc cream. And I would suggest to just do very light days for the next few and see if that helps it (like just 8 hour sessions, nothing more, just enough so you're not actually missing.) And also to let the wound air out and scab over in the daytime. Soak it in sea salt to clean it...That sort of thing.

Good luck....My skin never bled, but I've had 2 blisters and several bad rashes. I hope it heals soon. =[

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Skin .... January 31 2008, 5:20 AM

If you do less than 8.5 hours once or less than 11 hours regularly you are missing out.

Try to cut down to 11 hours, and you may be more comfortable if you smear zinc cream or whatever you've found helps on thickly then cut a piece of plastic bag and put that on top of it - this should allow you to get a seal while not letting the silicone rub at your skin.

I've had a few stubborn sore bits in the last couple of weeks as my domes are getting a bit knackered but tonight's my last night so I'll be having a rest after that.

If you do leave the domes off for a few days you'll be literally starting from scratch after so try not to. Also you may find that being left to air when not wearing domes helps - stay in and stay topless!

Louise
(no login) Re: Skin .... January 31 2008, 11:43 AM

p.s.

If you're having trouble with your sternum area you probably want to ditch the bra as it pushes the domes on too hard in the middle. If you leave the domes loose the pressure is more evenly distributed. Wear a loose T-shirt over the domes and a tight zip up sweatshirt over that, zip up to just below the domes to create a pouch that will hold them on. Ideally use 2 big pillow at either side of you and 3 under your head to create like an armchair in your bed to allow you to sit up a bit when you sleep - this will help keep you on your back to help the domes stay on.

I know how horrible it is to lie there at night not sleeping because the domes hurt your sore bits, try to persevere the best you can or do one really short session if you have to. Another thing Seri found helpful was liquid skin (I think in the UK it's liquid bandage or spray on bandage) you'l find it in te chemist near the band aids / sticking plasters. Just use a tiny bit on the areas that are aready damaged to protect them from more rubbing. I found the lots of lotion and piece of plastic most effective.

Hope you feel better soon xx

what are those annoying red bumps under my brava domes?
December 17 2008 at 2:48 AM jennifer (no login)

I have been using brava for 5 month now. I have had some problems like most people experienced with brava; lost of sleep, etc. It's never been easy. But recently, I grew these red bumps like acne around the center of my chest where the silicone rim sits. They are very annoying since I could not wear a low-cut sweater even after the two red rings faded away. They don't itch, but pretty red. I have tried steriods cream. They were none responsive to the cream i put on. Before one red spot finally went away (although it always left brown mark behind), three or more came. Have any of you had similar experience like me? what should I do? Now I'm not only flat, but full of red bumps and brown marks on my chest. I am very sad! Please help me.

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: what are those annoying red bumps under my brava domes? December 17 2008, 5:56 AM

I have redness around the domes when I take them off, but immediately after I wash my skin and dry it and let the skin rest for about a half an hour, I rub a good amount of Desitin baby rash ointment thoroughly into the skin where the domes rested. Desitin (an other similar products) has zinc oxide in it which seems to heal the skin quite nicely. I remember how quickly it healed my children's skin when they were babies. So, that's what I have found to be helpful. Maybe you could try that to avoid further irritation. I am only seven weeks into this but I have avoided anything major in terms of skin irritation so far, primarily due to the rash ointment, I think. I still worry, though, since so many women tend to develop bad skin problems as time goes on.

On another note - are you experiencing any growth yet, aside from the swelling?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: what are those annoying red bumps under my brava domes? December 17 2008, 1:47 PM

I had this too, keep your hours down to 11 hours per night and the suction just enough to hold them on (you're just trying not to lose any this week, don't worry about growing). Ideally during the day have a good wash of your chest with water and no soap then apply witch hazel and let it dry, now rub zinc oxide onto where the spots are (Potter's skin clear lotion and ointment are particularly good for this). Now if you can just stay in, put the heating on and go topless to let the skin get some air. If this really isn't possible then wear something loose in cotton and go braless. In general try to wear your bra over a cotton vest during the day to avoid rubbing on the same area all day that the domes rub at night. I counted over 60 individual spots when I got this and it was almost gone in 2 days of looking after myself. In future, wash your skin then moisturise as normal, then put some zinc cream on before the dome prep and finally the domes. You'll need a flannel to scrub the cream off in the morning and it gets on the domes and rubs the sticky off, but it's probably the sticky that's causing the problem.

jennier
(no login) Re: what are those annoying red bumps under my brava domes? December 17 2008, 7:44 PM

Thank you roakie and Louise. I'll try some Zinc oxide product and see how it goes. The domes I have been using are old and not sticky at all. I had skin irritation all along for the past 5 month. Normally the steriods cream and Eucerin lotion take care of my skin problems. The skin irritation I have had tend to be itchy and red skin, not the small bumps. But this time, they are individual red bumps and not itchy at all. Anyway, I hope they go away soon.
Roakie, so far I have about 1 cup size growth for sure. about 1.5 inches increase. Brava does work. It just takes time and patient.

bubcakes
(no login) skin prep worked for me December 18 2008, 6:21 AM

Hi there,

I also use Brava and I used to get red bumps (almost like small pimples) and irritation where my domes sit. I recently tried Smith and Nephew skin prep wipes and it is no longer a problem! I didn't try them for the longest time b/c I saw them on the Brava store and thought it was just another unnecessary product they were trying to push to make $. (I mean come on, $22 for Brava brand skin cream? Is it that different than drugstore lotion?!) But the skin prep wipes are not made by Brava, they are a medical product by a company called Smith and Nephew and were designed to be used by patients using skin tape for wound dressing. It creates a barrier between your skin and the domes and I have found that it also helps to hold the domes on.

I know it sounds like I'm doing an ad for the prep wipes but they have saved my skin. This is my second cycle using Brava. The first time, I got dark brown marks from irritation. The marks faded eventually but it took several months. This time, there are no spots, marks, or rashes.

Hope this helps...

jennifer
(no login) Re: what are those annoying red bumps under my brava domes? December 18 2008, 9:33 PM

Thanks bubcakes for the suggestions. I accually have been using the non-sting skin prep all along. I cannot imagine what my skin will look like without the skin prep barrier. I guess I must have very sensitive skin. But for Brava, you have to put in the hours in order to keep the result. Maybe it's time for me to take a Christmas break and enjoy domeless nights.

Brava domes suddenly soo itchy!
December 23 2008 at 5:47 PM V (Login indecisive1)

Ok so i have been using brava for 8 weeks now and until recently i have had no problems at all with it. I had minor skin redness at first but then my skin quickly adjusted to it. But now all of the sudden when i wear my domes i feel like i've been over dosed on morphine, they are soooo itchy! Since i work in a small office of about 4 people i wear them to work everyday and in the last week they have been driving me crazy!! I dont know why or what i can do about it! I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact i have also recently started using bosom beauty along with brava, or what the problem is, but its getting to the point where i can not focus on work and almost dont even want to wear them anymore!! Has this happened to anyone else, does anyone have any suggestions?? HELP!!

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava domes suddenly soo itchy! December 23 2008, 9:17 PM

When I first started Brava I really overdid it and was madly itchy after about a week, got to the point where I was itchy with them on and equally itchy with them off. As I'd only just started I left them off for a few days and restarted and it's been better since. I have a couple of raches and sore bits since and would advise you to wash your boobs with warm water and no soap, dry off then use your normal body lotion. Rub a little zinc based cream in around where the domes sit then put a lot of the dome prep or whatever you use over the top. Wear the domes for 11 hours only and only with a little more suction than is required to stop them falling off. When you take them off wash with warm water and baby shampoo then dry off and apply witch hazel to sooth the skin and a fair amount of zinc cream. Wear a non-wired bra over the top of a cotton vest or if you're at home go topless to get some air. This method has fixed me up in a couple of days even when I had the worlds ugliest rash (counted over 60 individual spots).

Hope it gets better x

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava domes suddenly soo itchy! December 23 2008, 9:18 PM

p.s.

I also use BB with Brava and I don't think this has anything to do with the itching at all - I think it's either a reaction to the nasty sticky stuff they put on the Brava domes or it's just lack of air to the skin like nappy rash.

Kristen
(Login Kristen10) Re: Brava domes suddenly soo itchy! December 23 2008, 11:43 PM

Last winter when I was doing a Brava session, I too became insanely itchy, both with and without the domes, to the point it became extremely painful! I tried numerous things, but found Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment worked really good! I tried probably 5 or more other products, but nothing worked as good as this.

V
(Login indecisive1) Re December 25 2008, 8:49 PM

Thanks Ladies as always appreciate the input!

Anyone tried an allergy tablet?
September 22 2009 at 12:03 AM elle (no login)

for itchiness. If one tried do they work or waste of time. What do you think?

Author Reply
elle
(no login) Re: Anyone tried an allergy tablet? September 22 2009, 9:23 PM

Hi everyone, I tried the tablet and it works for itchiness. I wore the brava domes 16 hours yesterday and had no rash. Just to let you knowSmile

Using Brava and I can't stand the ITCH!!
February 27 2009 at 9:43 AM Beeper12 (Login Beeper12)

I desperately need suggestions here...

I just started Brava 4 days ago (with a homemade manual airlock), and I've slowly progressed to 10 hours of use while sleeping.

I followed Louise's advice and I rub baby oil on my chest before putting the domes on - for lubrication.

But I'm now being woken up in the night with unbearable ITCHINESS around the domes - right under the silicone so I can't scratch it without popping the domes off entirely.

HELP! I need suggestions so I can sleep!

Author Reply
Vee
(no login) Re: Using Brava and I can't stand the ITCH!! February 27 2009, 11:47 AM

I have suffered on and off with itchiness and rashes etc. I have found that the products I use for washing and moisturising have affected this. Personally I cannot use any oil whatsoever. It really seems to irritate my skin where the domes have been( and I use the same oil on other parts of my body with no adverse affects)
Now I wash my skin in a special wash ( no soap perfume etc) formulated for dry itchy skin and then after removing the domes use a mosturiser ( again no perfume, lanolin, oil etc) specially formulated for sensitive dry skin. This has helped , although I still suffer throughout the day if I get hot. I have to force myself not to scratch. I would suggest experimenting with your creams etc.

Beeper12
(Login Beeper12) Itchy February 27 2009, 5:21 PM

Thanks for the help! It got so bad last night I had to rip those domes off after 8 hours. It was keeping me up and was so uncomfortable! Thankfully I don't have a rash but I want to make sure it doesn't happen!

I'll pick up some sensitive lotio and bodywash and quit the oil! I'm sure that's the culprit here!

Rox3
(no login) Re: Using Brava and I can't stand the ITCH!! February 27 2009, 7:53 PM

Hi,
I had the same problem with a terrible itch where it was keeping me up at night. The best thing for the itch is Cortaid cream. Mine caused a rash after only itching for three nights. The rash came on fast so keep an eye out. After about 3 days of changing my skin-care routine both the itch and the rash went away, and now I'm sleeping thru the night without waking up at all, and I can wear the domes for 11 hours with NO itch. Here's what the Brava coach told me to do:

1. Don't use the Brava cleaner to clean the chest before putting the domes on. Use Johnson's Baby Shampoo. She said you can also use plain ole' Ivory soap as an option too.

2. Don't use the Brava body lotion in the AM when I take the domes off. She told me to buy Aveno Body lotion - the kind with oatmeal and the unscented kind.

3. Put Vitamin E oil on the itch/rash right after getting out of the shower in the AM. Do that only one time since it could clog pores if you keep putting it on all day.

4. If the itching gets bad during the day, use the Cortaid brand cream which has hydrocortizone as it's active ingredient. My doctor also said the same thing when she saw the rash.

5. Continue to use the Brava dome spray to wash the domes in the AM (or Johnson's baby shampoo).

6. Turn the domes to re-position them so they are not directly lined up with the nipples and the dome isn't laying on top of the rash/itchy spot.

7. Make sure to FLARE the domes out when putting them on which helps to protect the skin. Watch the Brava video for more instructions here.

Good luck and keep us posted. Don't give up!!!

Newbie123
(Login NewBravaUser) Re: Using Brava and I can't stand the ITCH!! March 5 2009, 5:25 AM

This is great info, Rox
Thanks much for posting
I will go out to buy cortizoid

Rox3
(no login) Re: Using Brava and I can't stand the ITCH!! March 5 2009, 3:58 PM

Newbie 123 - any luck getting rid of the itch? How are you feeling and are u getting any sleep??? Did a rash ever appear on the itchy spot?

Newbie123
(no login) Re: Using Brava and I can't stand the ITCH!! March 6 2009, 3:50 AM

Thanks Rox
I am lucky no rash
I pray no rash
I bought the cortaid today to prepare and prevent rash

help with itchiness (BRAVA domes)
September 12 2009 at 3:44 PM elle (no login)

My itchiness occur during I wear the domes not later. It was Ok for the first five days but yesterday somehow I developed itchiness with the domes. I don't know what to doSad

Author Reply
Rox3
(no login) Re: help with itchiness (BRAVA domes) September 12 2009, 6:09 PM

Try Cortaid cream after removing the domes in the morning. Also, Aveeno naturals lotion to moisturize in after taking the domes off worked for me instead of the Brava products - they were too rough for my skin. Once I switched to Aveeno both the rash and itchiness went away in 2 days. If it gets really bad, you can skip a night or go less than 10 hours until it heals.

elle
(no login) Re: help with itchiness (BRAVA domes) September 12 2009, 8:15 PM

But it is itching while the domes are on. I don't have any itchiness after I take the domes out. I called the coach today but she didnt answer. I'll try again on Monday. I can buy the cream to apply afterwards. Did you have the itchiness while you wear the domes.Please don't tell me I'm allergic to siliconeSad

kiagirl
(no login) re: help with itchiness September 13 2009, 5:11 AM

You could try pure aloe vera gel and let it dry on your skin before you put the domes on. Some gals have used this instead of the skin prep wipes. It might be worth a try--calling the coach also was a good idea. Good luck!

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: help with itchiness (BRAVA domes) September 13 2009, 4:48 PM

I always seemed to itch when the domes were on too. You get a great seal and sure enough, you have an itch way underneath and can't scratch it without taking them off. It is a royal pain. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Brava is a test of endurance!

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: help with itchiness (BRAVA domes) September 14 2009, 2:21 AM

I also got terribly itchy somethimes but I found it helped if I took a shower at the right times. If I took it just before putting the domes on, I itched and also if too much time had past since my last shower. 4-7 hours was optimal for me and I was careful not to sweat which is easy in my cold climate. I also slept with my black bra unzipped ... unbeliveable how much difference that made.

elle
(no login) Re: help with itchiness (BRAVA domes) September 15 2009, 1:15 AM

Thanks a lot to all of you. I use the cream and lotion after I take the domes out and no itching after that time. But while I have the domes on my itching starts after about one hour. I dont put anyting while I have the domes on because I want to speak to the coach first. I called the coach today again today but still no luck I'll try again tomorrow. This is shame because I think Brava would work for me. After taking the domes out I have about 3 inches differences swelling which does not last long -not yet. I dont know how long I can bear this stupid itching because it is unbearableSad

Lilo
(no login) Re: help with itchiness (BRAVA domes) September 22 2009, 10:09 PM

Try zinc cream, like Sudocream for nappy rash and skin irritations, i use it before i put the domes on and after taking them off and it soothes the itching.
The domes must be cleaned thoroughly if you use the zinc cream as it gets quite stuck on, try a body scrub to get it off.
I seem to be more itchy if they're not properly cleaned

elle
(no login) Re: help with itchiness (BRAVA domes) September 23 2009, 11:08 AM

Thanks Lilo but I am using the tablet at the moment and it works just fineSmile

Another Setback with brava :-(
April 21 2008 at 4:51 PM
Tori (Login Tori365)

I've had to stop again, because I've had a really bad skin irritation which I didn't leave alone, and I kept wearing the domes which stopped it from healing. Quite a large area of my cleavage has got inflamed like eczema so I finally stopped tried every cream I own but after several days it hadn't improved so I've gone and got some hydrocortisone cream for it. Argh so frustrating. But it got so bad unless I wear something with a really high cut neckline you can see it, so its more important to heal my skin right now. Its been 6 days of no brava now, I still want to get back to the program after this has fully healed but it has put me off a bit.

Author Reply
Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Another Setback with brava :-( April 22 2008, 1:29 PM

How many consecutive weeks have you already done? The Brava coach told me once you've gone past the recommended weeks, missing some days (no more than one continuous week) does not set you back. Apparently your cells still have "memory". I went 14 straight weeks, had to miss one week due to rib pain, wore another week, had to take a few days off, etc. I ended up going 20 weeks total (14 straight weeks and missing scattered time totaling 17 days total over the next 6 weeks and still had gains). I stopped completely about 1 1/2 weeks ago and will let everyone know how I've done at the end of 3 weeks with no Brava. My body just could not take anymore. Too much rib swelling and pain. Thankfully, the pain is now gone and swelling is nearly gone. I may or may not do another cycle next fall. So far I think I've gained 1 cup size. I did two cycles with a 5-month break between and seemed to have gained about 1/2 cup per cycle. My first cycle was 11 weeks and my second cycle was 14 straight weeks with random time added in from weeks 15 - 20. Now that I am done, it would say it was definitely worth it but now is time to take a break.

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Another Setback with brava :-( April 22 2008, 4:17 PM

Hi, well done on your determination! I did about 15 weeks only missing about 2 days in that time, with decent hrs. Have gained a cup from that. Weeks 15-20 which is now I've missed odd days every week, but not 7 days in a row. Its been 5 days now since I had to stop altogether due to the skin problem. The skin is healing but needs a day or 2. I wish I hadn't left it so long bfore treating it and then I wuldn't have had to miss as much time.

just started BRAVA, hopeful, appreciate advice...
July 16 2009 at 6:04 PM bizybizy (Login bizybizy)

Last night was my 2nd night with BRAVA. I bought my set of CL after much research. I have also considered implants, but was unsure about that route for a number of reasons. I really hope this works! I am experiencing some skin irritation already. I think I'll get the aloe vera gela and anti-fungal cream that others have mentioned. The machine is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE at the end of the 10 hours. I had itching at the rim of 1 dome this morning, before I could take them off. I am glad to have found this forum and welcome any questions or advice. Thanks!

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: just started BRAVA, hopeful, appreciate advice... July 17 2009, 1:19 AM

Welcome to Brava. I am not sure what CL refers to??? And what do you mean by "machine?" Do you mean the domes?

Anyway, if you stick to washing your skin with Johnson's Baby shampoo and then use either Desitin or hydrocortisone cream (sparingly) if you get major itching or rashes, you should be able to stay on top of it!

J.J.
(no login) Re: just started BRAVA, hopeful, appreciate advice... July 17 2009, 4:26 AM

Good luck to you! The first 4 weeks were the worst for me. After that, my skin seemed to get used to it and I hardly have any redness or itching at all. Hopefully, things will go smoothly for you, but don't hesitate to ask questions.

While I am here I will post a quick update. I started at 30.5 around the ribs and 31.25 inches around my chest at the nipple. I am currently at week 21. For the first 18 weeks I averaged almost 12 hours per night, never missed a night. For the past three weeks I have been doing only about 10 hours per night. This is because we have some folks staying with us and I don't want them to know.

So at 18 weeks before I cut back on my hours I was measuring about 35 inches in the evening, after about 12 hours with the domes off. Now that my hours are reduced I measure about 34.5 inches in the evening with the domes off. Cutting back on the hours has slowed things down, for sure. But, I plan to go as long as possible, up until Christmas maybe, so there is still plenty of time.

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: just started BRAVA, hopeful, appreciate advice... July 17 2009, 4:10 PM

Welcome bizybizy! We'll be here for you. It was a bit of a rough ride for me for the first couple of months, as a matter of fact, now that I've done enough time that I could actually stop, I'm suddenly used to it! I had itching under the domes and a terrible time trying to get my skin to tolerate it (you've probably read all that!!) but inevitably found some things that worked, and now it's so second nature to me, I'm reluctant to stop. Especially as the longer you do, the more you grow! Now when my domes have been off for a long time, I can see that my breasts have rounded out nicely, and I'm much happier with the shape and little bit of extra boobage. I know that you'll achieve what you hope for too, if you're prepared to be very very patient, and don't expect implant size breasts. After a huge time and energy investment in brava, you'll still have YOUR breasts, but they'll have grown some.

The first couple of months are a rollercoaster, as you get swollen breasts in the morning, which deflate to your original size within hours...It takes some time to stick around for longer. I had all sorts of fears to begin with, particularly that I was destroying my nipples with all the stretching etc. I did not want bigger nipples!! Well, my fears turned out to be unfounded. Now that I've been doing it for months, they've gotten used to it, and return to their normal state quite quickly. Well, they're always a bit pointy, but that's not too bad, so long as the size/shape doesn't change.

Anyway, hope this helps you!! Let us know how you go!

JJ!! You're breasts must feel enormous! You're doing fabulously to be retaining 3 inches!! You've been amazingly dedicated with your wear times. I've been far more sporadic, due to my lifestyle. Sometimes I do more, sometimes less. And it definitely shows in the swelling, but I believe that as long as there's some swelling, there's growth. I try not to let mine deflate down too much before I wear brava again, and it seems to keep the growth cycle happening. Congratulations!!!

J.J.
(no login) Re: just started BRAVA, hopeful, appreciate advice... July 17 2009, 9:04 PM

Thanks Trigger!

Actually they don't look or feel huge. I started out with chest that looked like it might belong to an anorexic 13 year old...boy. So gaining a bit more than three inches (and 3 pounds) has just barely gotten me to a standard 34 or 36 A bra size. But I have to say that the boobs I have now are very cute and perky. Not at all what most 36 year olds who have breastfed have going on. I am very happy with my results. Small perky boobs are better than no boobs.

It is true that you need to be realistic about what Brava can do for you. The end result after you stop is not ever going to be as dramatic as what you would get with implants. I know that even if I get to a permanent 35 inch bust (that would be a total increase of almost 4 inches around the bust!) I still can't buy bras in certain brands, because they start at a B cup. It is still worth the effort though, to me. As Roakie, or somebody else pointed out here, I have years to grow boobs. Given where I started from, the total progress thus far is great. My hips are about 36 inches, so a 35 inch bust would be much more in proportion.

What are your starting measurements, Bizybizy? As others have said, it is a good idea to take good measurements (and photos if you dare) at the beginning because the growth is so gradual that you feel like there is no change when really there is.

bizybizy
(Login bizybizy) beginning measurements July 20 2009, 12:44 AM

CL refers to craigslist, but I didn't buy it on CL, I bought it on ebay. I guess I was typing in a rush, lol. Yes, when I said it was uncomfortable, I meant the domes, and the suction. I have some aching throughout the day, somewhat similar to the feeling of going too long without nursing when my babies were small. I hope that means it's working. My measurements before using brava were: 94cm (37 in.) under the breasts and 102cm (40in.) at the nipple. I have no sagging because my breasts are too small. I am about 30 pounds overweight although I'm active. I carried 2 children and nursed each of them for a short time, maybe 8 weeks each. I did take photos, and when I see some results I will probably share the before and afters because I understand what a big investment this is, both financially and otherwise. Perhaps it's in my head, or it's due to my cycle, but I think that I'm still swollen in the evenings when I put the domes back on. Essentially, I already feel bigger, some I'm cautiously optimistic. Again, I started last week. Thanks everyone for your help and support and good luck to all of you!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon