Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Skin getting so irritated!

Skin getting so irritated!
May 2 2009 at 10:29 PM roakie (Login roakie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My gosh! I thought I was getting away with the domes this long, but now my skin will not settle down. I have tried everything. I have coated myself with Desitin zinc oxide after washing in the morning. The rash is still there at night. I have used tons of vitamin E oil, Aloe Vera, cortisone cream......I don't know what else to do. I tried the liquid bandaid and it was awful. It was more irritating than helpful and it is hard to get off.

The domes are starting to cut in under my arms, the hard plastic inside the domes is leaving indentations on my breasts in the mornings, and I can see all the ridges from the silicone rims around my breasts. Plus, the skin is red and itchy wherever the silicone rims are touching the breast tissue. It seems the more I swell, the worse it gets. The larger domes are no wider than the mediums so my breast tissue would still get irritated by the silicone around the inside and outside.

Is anyone else having worsening skin problems as time goes on? I don't know what to do. I don't want to stop but my skin just won't heal.

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 3 2009, 2:44 AM

Someone on the board mentioned using Florasone. I just got some from Whole Foods and am going to give it a try.

Edit Message Delete Message

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 3 2009, 6:52 AM

Oh, Roakie, skin problems is the worst thing with brava, in my opinion! When I have had problemsn wtih rash or lesions I have taken them seriously, realizing that if it doesn't heal I'll have to stop doing brava until it heals or I might get permanent skin discolorations that I DON*T want! I wish I had something totally different to suggest to you, but you seem to already be doing what works for most. However, this is my anti rash program that helped me:

Morning:
When I shower, I use either jasons aloe vera soap, or desert essence tea trea soap.
Florasome at the rash / red parts
after I let it dry I add Jason's Aloe Vera Cream and let the boobs air dry for as long as I can before I put on some loosefitting cotton sweater and NO BRA.

Evening:
I don't wash boobs at night, but put lots of Weleda Baby Zink cream at all red areas, I let it dry for about 10 min before I put the domes on. I don't use the skin prep, as I find that to irritate my skin once it is in this delicate condition. Then I use minimum pressure (if you have a woring smartbox that's what I'd use!), for as short as I dare (usually 11 hours). Now I try to not care too much about less swelling / retention my focus is to HEAL so I can get back on track.

This has worked so far, but with skin you never know what'll work...keep on trying and I hope your skin will get well soon!!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 3 2009, 2:52 PM

Elusia,
I tried using zinc cream once before I put the domes on and it got all over the silicone rims and would not come off, no matter what I tried to wash the rims with. How do you get it off the silicone? I haven't tried the brand you are using (Weleda) so maybe that is a different formulation.

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 3 2009, 7:58 PM

yes, the problem with zink cream is that it's bothersome to wash off the domes, so I only use it when my skin needs it! Now I have used it for about 10 nights straight, and my skin is so good now that I'll try one night without it...The best thing to wash of with is either a mild washing up liquid (I use Sonett or Ecover) or even the teatree oil soap.

Hope your skin recover soon!

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 15 2009, 3:30 PM

hi roakie.

I missed your rash drama as I've been travelling and the last two weeks were difficult to get internet service. I have been going through the same thing. Major rash issue that doesn't go away no matter what I do. I'll try the florasome cream that Elusia mentions next. I have big red patches all around my breasts wherever the silicone touches too, and a raised welt-like area on the insides where my swollen breasts much touch the inside of the dome. It's so crazily itchy! Skin prep wasn't helping at all, so I traded it with aloe vera, which doesn't help either, but is at least soothing when it goes on, and doesn't leave a sticky coating over the rash that needs to be washed/rubbed off in the morning.

The good news is that despite having cut down my hours drastically (and even doing less than brava says is acceptable and that will cause you to have to start again - I've been getting only 8 hours most nights, even less some nights, and rarely up to 10) I'm retaining some obvious swelling right up until I dome up again, some 14-15 hours later. They look more filled out, even my husband says it's very noticeable. I measured them last night (14 hours after last wear) and they are 1.5 inches bigger than starting point. If I could keep this at finishing it wouldn't be a huge achievement, but would have made it worth the annoyance and itch, I think....

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 15 2009, 4:30 PM

Wow, tr1gger, that is fantastic you are retaining growth!!

I am putting the florasone cream on every morning and evening before the domes and also putting a bit of zinc oxide on the most irritated parts. The worst is under my arms where the fold of skin gets caught in the domes.

The most embarrassing part for me is that the red ring above my breasts never goes away, even after 12 hours. That hard plastic edge at the very outer part of the silicone seems to digs into my thin skin and leaves a very distinct mark that almost looks like it has been etched out by a knife. It is very obvious and though I never wear low tops, it can even be seen in blouses if the buttons are left open.

If I have permanent growth, it will be a small price to pay as I am sure the marks will go away after a few days (maybe!) Should I put some type of scar guard on them?

Oh...I also have patches on the inside of each breast that are itchy with colorless, raised bumps that look like chicken skin. Someone mentioned that a brava coach said this is dehydrated skin and that vitamin E should help, but nothing has made it go away. Any thoughts?

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 15 2009, 11:36 PM

wow Roakie, and you'd been going so long without the rashes. I just hope that I don't have to put up with this for the next ten weeks I feel I need to do to solidify the growth... It looks ugly and the itch is *almost* unbearable!

BTW, my breasts look lovely when the swelling goes down (if you are able to imagine the nonexistence of the raging red rash). They're still definitely only a cups, but the shape is a more lovely filled out round shape without any of the potential droop that was on the horizon. Unlike most other people, I'm not a fan of the swelling I get in the morning. My breasts look huge and distended and unnaturally large for my frame (or at least I'm not used to it). Whereas my small breasts always aided the look of slimness, the swollen breasts somehow make me feel like I look plump. My husband isn't a fan of them either. I love it when the swelling abates and I have a slightly rounder and enhanced version of my original breasts. I will be happy if I get to keep them when I finish. I'll probably do another round next winter though!!! I wouldn't mind being a bit more full...

Rox3
(no login) Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 15 2009, 11:53 PM

Roakie,
I'm sorry you're experiencing so much trouble with rashes. I know how motivated you are and you are in the longest cycle of anyone out here, so if anyone deserves bigger boobs, it's definitely you! I'm rooting for you Smile

I remember when I had the rash the coach did say it was dehydrated skin and to try what you're doing now. She said take 2-3 nights off to let it heal if nothing worked. Also, she said to do shorter hours with the domes to give them more time to get some air, and let the boobs air dry in the morning before covering them up. So you may want to take a VERY SHORT break and give them some time to heal. Considering you're planning a full year, I don't think it'll make too much of a difference. You could still Noogle in the meantime for an hour to keep some swelling going.

I only wear the the domes for 11 hours per night and I use Baby Shampoo and Pure Aloe Vera gel instead of the Brava products, and I haven't had a rash since switching it to this routine - no zinc oxide, no Vitamin E, nothing but the Aveeno lotion in the morning after taking the domes off. Keep posting and let us know what you do.

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 16 2009, 1:38 AM

Roakie, I'm absolutely positive you will retain growth. I'm of the opinion it's almost physically impossible for your body not to respond to what you're doing to it! I looked over the pictures at bravaresults.com again and am reinvigorated with enthusiasm that brava definitely works, and makes the breasts a little prettier to boot! You'll get where you want to be. I'm pretty sure you already have some permanent growth. I can finally see it's starting to work for me, and it's a lot less depressing than just a couple of weeks ago, when all the swelling would completely dissipate by evening, leaving me with no visible growth.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 16 2009, 2:50 AM

Thanks so much for your encouragement.

Believe it or not, I am starting to see some "little breasts" after the domes are off for 12 hours. It is exciting!!1

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Skin getting so irritated! May 16 2009, 4:33 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic Roakie! I'm thrilled for you! Your patience will be paid off in *full*!

Dry, itchy peely skin! Brava arghhh!
March 1 2008 at 11:44 AM
Tori (Login Tori365)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I wondered if anyone knew any good treatments for dry, very itchy and peeled skin. In the last couple of weeks I have found it hard not too itch after I have removed the brava domes. This is prob because my roll on skin prep ran out. The skin where the silicone sits is also very dry, I use moisturiser daily. The bit thats bothering me is at the outer sides where the silicone rests. Its gone red, dry and peeled probably cos of me itching it so much. I've used savlon cream which reduces the irritation but dries the skin out even more. I'm considering calomine lotion?? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Author Reply
Michelle
(no login) Re: Dry, itchy peely skin! Brava arghhh! March 1 2008, 3:21 PM

Whenever I have any skin problems from Brava, I put A&D ointment on. But watch out - it is greasy and will leave an oil stain on your clothes, so if it is a small area, I cover it with a bandaid or if it is too big, I put a piece of gauze over it to protect my clothes.

Louise
(no login) Re: Dry, itchy peely skin! Brava arghhh! March 1 2008, 9:41 PM

I've found a few things that were great and my skin is very dry too. I gave up on the skin prep after the second roll-on ran out at a cost of £30 each and just used Tesco own-brand cocoa butter body lotion instead which was fine - you'll have to give the domes a good scrub under the rim with a nail brush to get the residue off if you only wash them every few days. Liquid evening primrose oil (cheapest is from Power Health - free shipping too if you buy a certain amount)is also good to put on before the domes, then when you take the domes off have a good wash with warm water and no soap and put more oil on. For any particular itchy or dry patchs AR2 borage oil cream or Potter's skin clear zinc cream (both from Holland and Barrett) were good. There's links for all this stuff in my program page if you want to see what the packaging looks like. The main thing is to not wash right before you put the domes on and to use whatever skin products you previously found suitable to your skin, and stop scratching!

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Dry, itchy peely skin! Brava arghhh! March 3 2008, 12:18 PM

Eucerin Calming Creme is great. The coach told me it is even more moisturing than the Brava lotion and does not irritate your skin and helps with itching. I've used it and had great success.

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Dry, itchy peely skin! Brava arghhh! March 6 2008, 11:58 AM

thanks for your suggestions! I ended up on ebay looking for the products you recommmend, and ended up coming across this herbal ointment called Huang Qin Gao. It is meant for eczema, dermatitus and itchy skin so I thought I'd give it a go. I've used it for one day and it had def made a different, faded the red marks and the sore bits are healing! Its great, only trouble is its black so can't wear anything low cut with the cream on as i'd look as if I'd been rolling in mud!

Any way to stop the itching?
June 26 2007 at 11:04 AM Louise (no login)

Managed 14 hours last night and a small D cup this morning but the domes itch so much it drives me mad! I've very diligently not had a good scratch as I'm worried about breaking the skin. In the UK you don't get the Brava skincare system, you only get the roll-on skin prep so I've been washing my chest with pH neutral face wash then applying the skin prep and letting it dry properly. After removing the domes I wash again and use the corium 21 cream but I'm itchy all the time. I bough hydrocortisone cream but nervous to use it as long term it makes skin thinner and I'm worried it may give me problems with Brava later.

Is it too much suction? Are other people itchy too? Is there anything I can put on the skin to protect it or numb it or something?

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER oo June 27 2007, 2:16 AM

Very itchy! especially when i first take them off. i put a bunch of vitamin e gel on my chest. it helps alot.

red marks and itching
December 3 2006 at 8:29 AM kel (no login)

How bad should the red marks and welts be before I take a break or stop wearing the system?

Author Reply
Anonymous
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 3 2006, 9:56 PM

kate
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 3 2006, 11:36 PM

there is no limit I think, u should stop now because it will become worse!

Miranda
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 6 2006, 8:15 AM

I experience red marks from the domes, but I have not taken more than 24 hours off from wearing the Brava system on occasion. To keep my skin from getting dry and irritated from wearing the domes, I use the Brava lotion and vitamin E on my skin every day. It seems to help the redness. I have not experienced any welts.

Sandra
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 6 2006, 10:35 PM

I thought you were meant to carry on no matter what. I thought brava stressed the importance of using it every day regardless of anything.

Chen
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 6 2006, 11:00 PM

I must admit that was my understanding too. I thought it was supposed to be disastrous if you missed a day and you could lose any progress you made. I thought you were supposed to ignore any red marks and just accept them as part of the brava experience or try and put something on them to help clear them up between times.

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER hey December 7 2006, 2:17 AM

from my understanding losing a day of wear sets u back a week. so the real questim is are u willing to put up with possibly permanent scarring?just a thought. good luck ladies.

Miranda
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 7 2006, 4:49 AM

I have been using the Brava system for 13 weeks so far. Out of these 13 weeks (that's 92 days, by the way), I have missed wearing the domes for 6 days (in weeks 6, 9, 10, 11 and 12). Yes...I understand that missing 1 day is equivalent to losing 5 days, but LIFE happens and things come up. Including these 6 missed days, I am still averaging 11.11 hours a day. I am satisfied with my growth so far and am dedicated to wearing the domes for another 13 weeks.

I was also advised by one of the Brava coaches that it's better to miss 1 day and let your skin heal than to risk making the skin irritation worse and taking an extended break.

I hopes this helps.

kel
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 7 2006, 5:01 AM

should those scars only be on the skin where the domes made contact with the skin or anywhere on the breast, because I have a ring on part of my breast that is not in contact with the dome. It looks really bad and it hurts. I can't even wear a swimsuit because it is in the cleavage area.

Miranda
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 7 2006, 5:34 PM

Could the irritation be from the bra you are wearing, or possibly other clothing that is making contact with your skin? For me, I have found that keeping my skin well moisturized helps...mostly because there is less of a chance that I will scratch the irritation.

Here is a link to a site that addresses Brava related skin irritation:

http://home.comcast.net/~drmomentum/brav...dvice.html

Lastly, giving your skin a least a day to "breath" may help you more than you realize. I know that missing 1 day sets you back 5 days in growth, but I do believe it's better than risking the frustration of taking a longer break if your skin condition does not get better.

I hope this helps, Kel. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 10 2006, 11:19 PM

only you can tell how severe and broken the skin is and how prone to scarring you are. I had to give up on Brava for this same reason, after using it for 2 and a half months at 15 hours a day. I still have scars after 4 months of not wearing it

kel
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 11 2006, 7:48 PM

what kind of scars? did you grow after all that?

Anonymous
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 12 2006, 4:32 PM

Hi, been following all the comments and as someone in week 13 , I can say that I only had a problem for the first 2 weeks. Try using antiseptic wipes before you put the domes on . Use hydrocortizone cream during the day for the rash and don't let them build up , if they are pussie I squeezed mine and they went away in a day . The marks go after you get used to the system. Cover with a plaster to give your skin a rest and don't wear a bra during the day to let the skin breath. Good luck !
I've gone upto a sustainable full B Cup from an A/B. So keep going !

kel
(no login) Re: red marks and itching December 13 2006, 7:34 AM

how can you tell after 13 weeks, don't you have to wait 4 weeks after you stop to see the real size?

Tania
(no login) Re: red marks and itching January 22 2007, 8:04 AM

About the marks on your skin and the itching, don't be afraid to take a day off if you really need to. I know you're not really supposed to, but don't make the whole thing into torture.

Jennifer
(no login) Re: red marks and itching February 28 2007, 8:24 AM

i have had to stop wearing them a couple times for a couple of weeks because of skin irritation. what i found really gave relief for the irritation was to put egg yolk on the skin for 10 or 15 minutes for a several days in a row.

Just bought Brava - already ruined??
July 10 2010 at 3:03 AM tsbrava (Login tsbrava)

Hi Girls!

so happy there's a forum here to help! I just bought the brava system - ordered through my dermatologist for the guarantee and because I have sensitive skin. Problem is, the first night, I dropped a dome and it landed sticky side on the cardboard box. It will still seal, but really itches/hurts there. Any suggestions, or did I just throw away $1500?

thanks!
-T

Author Reply
elle
(Login elle09) Re: Just bought Brava - already ruined?? July 10 2010, 12:26 PM

Hi , that is the thing with BRAVA . itchiness is like hell sometimes. It happened to me. I was going to dropped out my first cycle due to this. First of all, search itchiness in this forum. Various users had this problem and solution. Here is what I did. I used cavillon film barrier spray. It did not help much. My skin is really sensitive to slikon. I used aloe vera gel as preparing. Brava coach did not recommend it as preparing but I used it anyway. It came to a point I could not bear it any more and took anti-histamine allergy tablets for a week. This helped but it had side affects so I had to stop and continoue just with aloe vera gel. I ended my first cycle. After a while you skin gets used to it. But when I started my second cycle again I had itchiness problem even though they are not as sticky as any more. But I only wear it 2 hours a day anyway it is not problem for me any more. Hot weather does not help. Search for the other comments on itchiness. Good luckSmile

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Just bought Brava - already ruined?? July 12 2010, 5:13 AM

Try washing the domes with baby shampoo. Also try calling the brava coaches-they were a great help to me when I had questions. Also, as elle said, I also used aloe vera gel instead of the skin prep wipes for awhile when my skin flared up. Just be sure you use 99 or 100% pure aloe vera gel and let it dry thoroughly on your skin before putting on the domes. Hope this helps Smile

elle
(Login elle09) Re: Just bought Brava - already ruined?? July 12 2010, 10:01 AM

Hi Kiagirl, Nice to see you againSmile You were big help to me. How is your cycle going. There are not many people here now. I know the new forum but I prefer this one I am a bit old fashionedSmile and I am too lazy to get a new accountSmile

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Re: Just bought Brava - already ruined?? July 16 2010, 6:44 AM

Hi elle,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad that I was able to be an encouragement to you in your journey. I'm in my third cycle with Brava now and hoping to reach the ever-elusive "C" cup! I think I might post my pics on the new forum once I figure out how to do it. It may help other gals to keep going! I went from a very FLAT nothing to a B cup. I should be happy, but the booby-greed has gotten hold of me! A few weeks ago, I started taking B.O. to give myself a "boost"--so we'll see what happens.

I know what you mean--I still like the old forum too, even though I check into the new one now and then. There doesn't seem to be too many Brava users on that one. When I started, the forum had a TON of Brava users which really helped me alot! I'm almost hesitant to post much about Brava on the new one because one time I was helping a Brava user who was having trouble with an issue, and this gal who was using Noogleberry just "blasted" me about my choice to use Brava instead of Noogleberry! I never even said a word about Noogleberry--I was just trying to help this gal! I'm sure it's a fine system, but we all make our choices based on our own needs and preferences. For me, I liked the comfort of the domes and the fact that I could do it while I slept. It's nice to see, though, that the Nooglers have a very good support system now for each other. That's what this forum is about after all!

Hope you are doing well in your journey! Happy growing Smile

elle
(Login elle09) Kiagirl July 18 2010, 11:24 AM

Dont worry about it. God knows what she is thinkingSmile I am using narrow-large at the moment but I need to move to extra-large . I was considering other domes instead of Brava. Nooglebery seems to big and uncomfortable BB domes look more comfortable but I dont know where they sell BB domes. Even I buy these because I am narrow chested they may not be suitable for me. Still thinkingSmile

Happy for your growth but dont recommend BO personally. Once, I saw a site where human growth hormone is enlarging breast also. But all these things messing up with your hormones. I did that mistake once. Long time ago, I used breast enhancement herbs. I paid lots of money. It was more expensive before but besides the money, it did not work. If I were you I wouldnt take that route. Try some hypnotherapy. Rockmelon is fine and it is free. In the end it is up to you.

Paul ( Phillippa James)
(Login PhillipaJames) BB domes August 22 2010, 9:10 PM

Hiya Elle, Not to sure where you are located, but if you are still looking for BB domes try this link to a UK company http://www.gismostore.com
I've got a Brava, but have been using a BB for three years. Going for a regime now which employs all three BB 2012 with NB Domes for an hour before bed, to pump me up then the Brava to take me through the night. Just finished the first week and things are looking good. Hope to reach D cup by Christmas. If you are worried about comfort, NB are doing a foam cushion ring to fit under there domes, they will also make them up to order for BB domes if you want to keep the side facing outlets. Hope this helps, Paul

Skin rashes or sores
March 12 2006 at 3:17 PM Noreen (no login)

I have considered brava for some time but have heard about skin problems that women have had with redness, rashes or sores. I got to thinking I have a latex allergy and those are the types of reactions I get when exposed for any length of time, including bandaids for even 5 or 10 minutes. So I called Brava and sure enough there is latex in the adhesive on the domes. I only thought of this at the last minute before almost buying it, so it's something you might not have thought about yourself. I hope this information might help some of you.

Author Reply
Mandy
(no login) Re: Skin rashes or sores March 24 2006, 7:13 PM

Yes brava can cause sores all right. I've got a bad one on each side so I have taken a couple of days off to let them heal, or more if necessary. I say if anyone has any nasty sores you have to take a break, otherwise I don't think there's any way you can shake them off. You get them where the rim of the dome contacts with the skin under the breasts. I am persevering with brava and hope the sores heal up soon.

Debbie
(no login) Re: Skin rashes or sores April 30 2006, 9:55 AM

I have sores from the rims too, but not too bad. A bigger problem is coping with the rims when they start to roll in. I have had such a difficult time with this and I am getting so discouraged. I have been constantly losing suction almost within 10 minutes constantly on my left dome, and actually I don't believe it is the dome, I'm thinking it must be my body shape or something. Just right along the outside of my torso, under the armpit. So I began to increase suction, to see if that would help at all, now the silicon on the domes has such curl inwards to them. I have been taking them out and experimenting with them every day or so to see if I can stumble upon a solution but regardless, the suction seems to break. I am wondering if I've ruined my domes, there even seems to be places on the inside where the seal seems to be cracking and the jelly is looking lumpy. I'm not quite sure what to do any more. The sores are another thing of course, but I think they are manageable.

Brava Break -Skin getting so irritated!
August 8 2006 at 3:00 PM Brit (no login)

I used brava for 5 weeks, seemed to be going well, I had enormous swelling in the morning, which lasted for several hours. Then after 5 weeks of wearing, I developed sores and a nasty rash so i had to stop wearing the domes for a while. It's been 11 days now and the sores have cleared up, although still have a bit of scarring.

Am i starting right back at the begining now? That's such a depressing thought...

Author Reply

tms81
(Login tms81) Re: Brava Break August 8 2006, 8:44 PM

So bad you got problems with your skin, been there not cool at all
I am afraid i agree with you, i think you have start at the beginnig again...

leina
(no login) brava break August 9 2006, 6:42 AM

I had the same thing but I had to stop because I needed to travel two weeks for work, and yes, you have to start over again.
Positive thing is ( at least in my experience) you regain the swelling you had after 5 weeks very quickly, it doesn't need 5 weeks to build up again. Another positive thing is that your body is already used to it.
Growth only starts somehwere in week 6 to 9 depending on how rapid you grow, so you didn't have any growth in week 5...And concerning the rashes and things, I had the same when wearing second hand domes.
When I started I bought a pair of second hand domes ( with an airlock) and used it without problems.
Only I misused the domes and they broke. I let the silicone rim roll in and that is really bad for the domes... so I bought another pair of second hand domes and I got rashes immediately. These domes were still tacky but were obviously used a lot and older. They were not as clean as the first set I bought.
I then bought another set of domes but brand new. No rashes at all, I have been using them now for several weeks without problems and I take good care of them.
I also use skin prep wipes, which might also help.
I don't know if you are using new or second hand domes but my experience is that second hand domes can cause skin irritations.
Hope this helps !

Brit
(no login) Sores August 9 2006, 11:10 AM

Thanks for your help, how long did you find it was before you started growing, after your break? I've started using a barrier cream and the rash has stayed away so far. My main problem now is soreness between the breasts were the dome seals are. I've tried everything i can think of, but I can't get a seal that stays with micropore tape of anything stuck to the skin.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Worried i'm gonna end up with scars as my skin heals so slowly

leina
(no login) brava break August 9 2006, 5:12 PM

Hi Brit,

I had the same as well in the beginning, problems in between the breasts. But I changed that by putting the domes on by starting to put the silicone rim in between the breast and then roll it outwards and not the other way around. Make sure the silicone rims have enough space inbetween the breasts don't press them together as the pressure will cause pain in that area and it is also very bad for the domes, I ruined my first pair that way ! I started off with narrow domes where this was more difficult to do than with the wide domes. I am in between a 32 and 34. Are you using narrow domes or wide ?
After my break my swelling was back within a week to the level I was when I stopped.
I just don't know if I already have any growth...my breasts are far over a C cup in morning, I bought some C bra's to be able to wear something and these are to small.
During the day the swelling stays although it reduces and I can keep wearing the C bra.
I have however missed one day because I lost suction during the night ( first time that happened to me in all those weeks) and the next evening I only had very little swelling left...so I guess no real growth so far but according to Brava it starts about now so I keep on wearing them.
I even plan to wear them for over 20 weeks if necessary !
How far are you and how are you doing ?

Brit
(no login) Re: Brava Break August 10 2006, 10:17 PM

Hello!
It's 8 weeks since i started using Brava, I think i'm back to where i was after the 2 weeks off. I also think i may have grown, but have put on a few pounds too, so this may be the reason! Either way, i think brava is doing something so i shall remain optimistic! I find that swelling lasts for hours and hours, although i don't have a regular wearing routine, it's either 8 hour wear time, or between 12-15 hours, depending on my work shifts. I've had many nights when i've lost pressure too.

I'm using narrow domes, i think the wide would be too big as i have a really small rib cage. Thanks for the tips, I've stopped overlapping the dome edges as you suggested and am finding them a lot less painful so far...

brava trouble
January 17 2010 at 7:59 PM angie (Login 7308angie)

Hi I am new to this and am having some trouble. I have been using Brava for a little over two weeks and the domes are starting to rub me a little raw around the armpits...it's getting so bad that I can't hardly sleep but at the same time I don't want to take a break and then have to start all over. Does anyone have any advice? I have been using antibiotic ointment but it isn't working. I don't know what to do and am getting a little discouraged.

Thanks!!

Author Reply
kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) re: brava trouble January 21 2010, 4:37 AM

Hi angie,
You might try covering the raw areas with either Tegaderm(kind of expensive), or Nexcare Active Waterproof Abrasion Covers(I've picked them up @ Walmart & they are much cheaper than the Tegaderm and basically the same thing.) You can put medicine on the sore areas, then cover. When I used them I put the skin prep right over the bandage. They are very thin so they don't interfere with the suction. I also used plenty of aloe vera, Balmex(diaper rash cream-it's zinc oxide with vitamins E & B5), or just plain zinc oxide, when the domes were off. I would also suggest talking to a brava coach if you bought your brava directly from the company. I have found them to be very helpful. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Kiagirl

rash advice
August 28 2007 at 8:30 PM Bex (no login)

Hello all,

I have developed a rash where the silicon touches my skin - especially where the domes meet in the middle. Before it had almost gone by the time I put the system back on, but now it's still very red and itchy. I'm really worried about permanent scarring - can anyone recommend a good cream/treatment?

Many thanks,
Bex

Author Reply
misskatherine
(no login) Re: rash advice August 29 2007, 6:04 AM

corium21 worked like a charm for me!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: rash advice August 29 2007, 10:11 AM

I was allergic to the corium cream, are you using the Brava brand skin products? I totally changed my skincare when I first started and found I was much more comfortable when I went back to using what I used before. I actually left the domes off for about 4 days and I got to a point where I was itchy all the time (even without domes) but if you do this you're pretty much starting again from day 1 after the break. Some people use hydrocortisone but I didn't find that helped either. Main thing is not to scratch it as if the skin gets broken the domes will prevent healing. If you have a very small area you can cover with liquid skin before putting the domes on. The Brava manual recommends putting surgical tape down the middle but I was allergic to this too...actually I have found a strip of greaseproof paper down the middle is less itchy if you fold all the cut ends so they are not against the skin. Dunno what this does to the domes though.

Good Luck x

Lexy - skin tips
July 5 2007 at 10:57 AM Louise (no login)

Hi Lexy, I'm really itchy, have twice tried building up wear time but I'm itchy with them on and have left them off for 4 days and still itchy with them off. What are the ingredients in the sticky spray you mention and what type of alcohol are you using? (brand name?)

Thanks x

Author Reply
lexy
(no login) Re: Lexy - skin tips July 5 2007, 2:42 PM

i never got itchy for a long time after taking them off so you might also have a higher skin sensitivity. also the skin preps are even better then the spray for protecting ur skin so if you have those you should use then.
the alcohol is sanitary alcohol u'll find it in any pharmacy. apply on a cotton disk or something and scrub ur skin real good especially where the domes attach. don't forget to wash it good after it. i dunno what the alcohol might do to the domes. also wash the domes with dome cleanser or baby shampoo very very well after each use and make sure they don't have any impuritys glued to them.
i strongly sugest the skin preps better then the spray. i chose the spray cause it is also adhesive and i need that. but for skin protection skin preps are better. you can find the same ones cheaper. just google the name of the skin preps brava has or go to
http://www.nextag.com/no_-_sting-skin-pr...earch-html
the first ones are the ones brava sells if i'm not mistaking and they are half price.

this is all i can suggest now. i hope it works for you. good luck

Louise
(no login) Re: Lexy - skin tips July 5 2007, 8:44 PM

Thanks, I'll carry on with the roll on skin prep and try some surgical spirit....been putting off going back to the horrible things!

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER get anhydrous alcohol July 6 2007, 4:12 AM

Get a no water no other adatives anhydrous alcohol. rubbing alcohol has to much other crap in it and will leave a residue. anhydrous alcohol will not leave anything after it evaporates. It is the type of alcohol techs use to clean electronic parts i have used it on wounds and other scrapes for years with no adverse effects.

However all i use on my skin prior to domes is the skin wipes. I take a shower clean up everything and mainly to get any lotion or makeup off my chest. I use the makeup to hide the red marks the domes leave behind if i am wearing somthing that shows them.

hope this helps. Almost to 3000 hours of wear.

misskatherine
(no login) Re: Lexy - skin tips July 6 2007, 5:31 AM

corium21 worked wonders for me as i also have very sensitive skin. its a cream you apply on your skin and rashes, welts, blisters and even pimples go away immediately.

Louise
(no login) Re: Lexy - skin tips July 6 2007, 10:24 AM

Thanks ladies, have tried the corium cream but think I might be allergic, that and hydrocortisone both made me more itchy! Have tried showering and not showering but don't remember if it made a difference. Think I'll have to get back to it tonight or I never will.

Louise
(no login) Re: Lexy - skin tips July 6 2007, 10:24 AM

Thanks ladies, have tried the corium cream but think I might be allergic, that and hydrocortisone both made me more itchy! Have tried showering and not showering but don't remember if it made a difference. Think I'll have to get back to it tonight or I never will.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon