Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Grapefruit Juice warning for NBE

Wait, so this is about how you stated Grape Fruit causes build up of Estrogen hormones... So say one is Estrogen dominant.. they should not eat a grape fruit? Because, fact is, I am taking a BCP that is both a combo of Estrogen and Progesterone, would it be harmful for me or even defeat the purpose of my NBE program to eat a grape fruit?.... Or would it be better?

Sorry if that was confusing.

Sigh...a cold glass of ruby red..mmm..watermmelon.mmmm..pineapple..raisins ....bananas....baked potatos..frrench fries...french bread....ice cream..all on the dibetic nono list...and list goes on and on.....

Dude.. Andy.. you cant say that stuff right now. I am on my period and I am dying for junk food that I don't have.

Ah, I know, I know..but like Tantalus in the Fields of Punishment. I am constantly tortured by seeing food I cannot have. Everyone says controlling diabeties is about portions and moderation. Who can resit the rest of the candy bar. Candy bars..cookies...sugar..

Ok ...About your earlier question. I don't think it is a good idea to have a buildup of hormones in the body. To adjust the levels slowly, artificially, is one thing. But to have a build up. Seems to me could cause organ disfunction as your endocrine system constantly trried to adjust for the rising levels. Once you did expel the overload of hormones. Your body would have a hard time readjusting to the sudden drop. Certain organs would have stopped producing certain hormones.
Hope this helps.
andy

(24-03-2010, 05:00 AM)Chelsea_ Wrote:  Wait, so this is about how you stated Grape Fruit causes build up of Estrogen hormones... So say one is Estrogen dominant.. they should not eat a grape fruit? Because, fact is, I am taking a BCP that is both a combo of Estrogen and Progesterone, would it be harmful for me or even defeat the purpose of my NBE program to eat a grape fruit?.... Or would it be better?

Sorry if that was confusing.

according to dr.lee grapefruit will cause a build up in a bad way, so would say it wouldn't help nbe just force you to have to take more breaks to cleanse your liver and loose precious growing time.

Ahh, I see, then I shall stay clear from grape fruit haha. I don't know if its just me but it appears my tatas have shrunk a bit while starting this BCP.. hmmmm.. :s Well darn!

Do you know what it is in Grapefruits that cause the build-up of hormones? Could it be in other foods, like oranges or just grapefruits?

I do know that when my husband was put on cholesterol meds, they told him absolutely no grapefruit, but they said oranges and such were find. So, I'm not sure what is in it, but it's obviously not in other citrus fruits.

Mel

Wow just read this thread, that sucks. I use to eat a grapefruit per day at breakfast. I still have grapefruit left, maybe I'll just fix it for my son since it's a nono for nbe. :/ looks like I will have to find something else to enjoy for my fruit in the morning, I make melon balls weekly, that might be what I go with or bananas

That's good to know that it's not in other citrus fruits. I just bought a bag of oranges and was afraid to eat them at first. Should probably find out what chemical is in grapefruits that cause the problem. Just in case it's in other food and such. I love eating and don't think I can give up any of it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon