Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pressure vs. time pumping

(25-08-2020, 03:28 PM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  
(24-08-2020, 05:29 PM)Nefertity Wrote:  

(24-08-2020, 02:47 PM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  
(24-08-2020, 09:50 AM)Nefertity Wrote:  

(23-08-2020, 02:38 PM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  I don't feel any pain either which is why it was so easy for me to overpump when I first got started. If you have the time you could always do more hours in the day or sessions in the day if you're impatient and overambitious like me lol. Noogleberry is more of an hours game than anything. I've gotten really good swelling that lasts further throughout the day from doing a lot of hours despite doing low pressures and it fills up so much of the cup now, but I do pump/hold now too since I seem to respond much better to that vs pump/release (although I do a pump/release warm up). My noogling schedule is pretty insane though and not realistic for most people, but I seem to be getting good results from doing low pressures for long durations so it is possible to get good results with lower pressures. Everyones circulation and skins ability to adapt is different so what some people in the noogleberry forum might be able to do without consequences won't be the same for everyone. I think everyones definition of crazy high pressures would be different too and there's always other variables that could have contributed to their growth. Whatever point your breast starts to turn purple or get broken capillaries (those dots) is your bodys cut off point (which means to back off pressure before it gets to that point), which might be different than other peoples. You can always add more time if you're impatient for results, but ramping up the pressure past your bodies own cut off point will only force you to take off time for your body to heal, or worse damage tissue.

I been able to ramp up my pumping a lot too since I’m studying from home I get in 2-6 hours daily. If I didn’t live with my boyfriend my pump would be on 24/7 but I’m embarrassed and hiding it from him. Since I study while wearing them it would be too much work to do pump and release but I agree that holding pressure give the best swelling, I tried both 7:2 and 20/20/20, pump and hold is my winner! It really is a numbers game too, I liked Koyashas post about every hour pumping enlarges breast with 0,08%. Of course that might differ from person to person but I still keep a journal of how many hours I pumped and how many I got left before I should have doubled in size. Only 1210 hours left to go... lol

I started with pump/release too since I noticed more programs had it, but pump/hold works much better for me as well. It's much less annoying too because you don't have to watch a clock lol. I've heard that 600 hours equals a cup before. I think it might have been from an old Brava study or something, but I honestly don't remember. It seems like it would differ from person to person still, but in theory it sounds like a good average. I do 7 hours a day (two 3.5 hour sessions) because I figured I might as well put in the hours while I'm stuck in the house because of covid19. Interesting about the .08% thing. Considering my small breast is like an AA I hope it doesn't take 1250 hours to double it lol.

It is a great way of making the best from the pandemic. Wow 7 hours, thats great work! I read on some thread here that you benefit a lot from splitting up the sessions to two times a day, so hope that it works out for you. Regarding the 0,08%, I think its best to think of it as a very general number. I can't find the thread now but a think she linked a study too. From scrolling both this forum and the noogleberry forum (for motivation you know Smile) it seems to differ a lot between people how fast they respond, so that number can't apply to everyone, I just like having a set goal to work towards. I also read that it seems people who breastfed before and people who has stretchy skin usually respond faster, thats why I hoped I would be a good candidate for this method. I'm about 4 weeks in if I count in the time I used the wrong sized cups, but so far I cant see any permanent growth. The swelling is GREAT but it lasts only about 3 hours. Of course 4 weeks equals like a second in the NBE world so I just try to keep patience..!

I'm glad you're already seeing permanent growth. I have never breastfed, been pregnant, or any of that so a lot of my issues has involved my skin not stretching as well. I might actually cut back because my swelling is too good, as in I'm getting really bad stretch marks from the skin stretching way too much too fast. I have angry red stretchmarks on my breast and it looks soooo bad. I'm actually taking a mini break as of yesterday because my breast has these zit like dots where the cup rims lay that I'm not sure what they are. Never thought I'd feel the need to try to reduce the amount of swelling I had lol. That's what I try to remind myself when I feel impatient is that I have been doing it for like a second in NBE world. I think I have been doing it for maybe 7 weeks?

I too have tiny zits where the cups touch the skin, I think its simply pimples due to skin not "breathing" during the long pumping hours. I belive they will go away when taking a break, meanwhile I try to wear low cut tops to air the skin as much as possible when cups are off. I'm sorry to hear you got stretch marks but hopefully they will heal, I have stretchmarks on my thighs and butt (only thing that grew on me during puberty..) and they changed from red to white after some time, now you can only see them if you really look for them. I'm sure there's creams and oils too to help heal it too. Are you taking pictures of your progress? I believe this is important to not get "blind" to the growth since it is so gradual and over long time. You're getting close to the 12 week mark, many have reported to noticing their first signs of permanent growth by then. I had to snap some photographs since I basically stare at my boobs every chance I get, also I got my hopes up every luteal phase when they swell only to get disappointed when my period came along and swelling went away. 

(27-08-2020, 05:22 PM)SweetO Wrote:  

Gals,

I'd suggest you to read two threads both from JenniferLove. One is her own progress thread and the other one is "nerve damage from pumping". You will figure out what's good and what's not in terms of pumping.

Hi sweetO, thanks for the tip that's scary stuff Sad" alt="Sad" title="Sad"> I checked out her progress thread too, her results are beautiful!! she mentions importance of trying to keep the domes from not getting too close to the armpit, I have struggled with this too.

Thanks for the tip. I've seen her threads. She's one of my inspirations. I agree on having to be cautious. 

I actually shrunk some Sad I don't know why I shrunk this time when I haven't shrunk from having to take a few day break in the past. It's possibly hormonal fluctuations, or at least that's what I'm hoping as I'm pretty bummed out about it.  My measurements are the same right now but it looks smaller. So true about the pictures. I wish I took a starting photo, but my first photo was 4 weeks into it when I realized I need them because my eyes kept trying to remember what they looked like before lol. 

I think my solution to the stretchmarks besides getting a cream for it is to not try to create as much swelling as I was creating. I was basically swelling from an AA to a large A/small B and my skin was not prepared to stretch that much that quick so when I start I'll try to go a bit slower. 

Sorry you get the zits too. I wish I knew what to do about them because they cause a lot of pain when the cups lay against them.

(27-08-2020, 07:17 PM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  Thanks for the tip. I've seen her threads. She's one of my inspirations. I agree on having to be cautious. 

I actually shrunk some Sad" alt="Sad" title="Sad"> I don't know why I shrunk this time when I haven't shrunk from having to take a few day break in the past. It's possibly hormonal fluctuations, or at least that's what I'm hoping as I'm pretty bummed out about it.  My measurements are the same right now but it looks smaller. So true about the pictures. I wish I took a starting photo, but my first photo was 4 weeks into it when I realized I need them because my eyes kept trying to remember what they looked like before lol. 

I think my solution to the stretchmarks besides getting a cream for it is to not try to create as much swelling as I was creating. I was basically swelling from an AA to a large A/small B and my skin was not prepared to stretch that much that quick so when I start I'll try to go a bit slower. 

Sorry you get the zits too. I wish I knew what to do about them because they cause a lot of pain when the cups lay against them.

My zits improve just from the two day break i take every weekend, it also got better since I started to properly wash my chest after every pumping session. I didnt do that first because I thought it would be healthy to let the skin soak up the oil since it needs to be soft to avoid stretching and such, but washing my chest and the cups every day made a difference, the oil I used definitly clogged my pores. I also use a tonic from time to time, its not completely gone but it's improved. The shrinking you're seeing could definitly be hormonal fluctuations, it's pretty common that breasts are at their biggest just before your period, and at their smallest from cycle day 4-14. Then they start gradually swelling again from ovulation up until your period. My pre period boobs are HUGE compared to post period! I read a tip on this forum somewhere that because of this you should always take your progress meassurements on cycle day 4-6 to make sure growth is not actually luteal swelling!

Even tho I've pumped almost four years, I have new domes now so I am figuring out how to put them properly as well. The first two days I did something wrong bc I felt my left arm very tingly 24/7 - so my advice is to pump slowly the first couple of weeks and see how do you feel during and after pumping ^^

For stretch marks, I put aloe vera before noogling and after noogling; olive or coconut oil during pumping and one more time with HA cream or a cream that is very hydrating. I hope this helps for you too!

Nefertity: I honestly need to be better about cleaning my cups. I clean them only once a day and my night session usually gets done late at night and sometimes I get lazy if it gets too late at night and I just want to be done. I haven't been cleaning my chest though and didn't think to do that until now. I use cocoa butter for my pumping sessions so I'm not sure if that could be clogging it? I have a hormonal iud so I actually don't get a period anymore which makes it so hard to predict these things. It use to be easy to predict things when I had periods but it's harder now. 

SweetO I was actually thinking of getting some aloe vera for it. I want to start proactively trying to prevent stretchmarks now. I thought the cocoa butter would be enough but it's apparently not.

(28-08-2020, 09:39 PM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  Nefertity: I honestly need to be better about cleaning my cups. I clean them only once a day and my night session usually gets done late at night and sometimes I get lazy if it gets too late at night and I just want to be done. I haven't been cleaning my chest though and didn't think to do that until now. I use cocoa butter for my pumping sessions so I'm not sure if that could be clogging it? I have a hormonal iud so I actually don't get a period anymore which makes it so hard to predict these things. It use to be easy to predict things when I had periods but it's harder now. 

SweetO I was actually thinking of getting some aloe vera for it. I want to start proactively trying to prevent stretchmarks now. I thought the cocoa butter would be enough but it's apparently not.

I know, it does'nt feel necessary to clean daily when you're just going to oil them up and use again the next day -,-  When I had acne on my face I noticed it was mostly on one side, the side I sleep on. Changing the pillow cases more often made a difference, among other things. I'm not a dermatologist but I have struggled wiht acne a whole lot and if I remember correctly cocoa butter is in fact likely to clog your pores, at least on the face. Aloe vera should be a better choice!

(29-08-2020, 09:10 AM)Nefertity Wrote:  

(28-08-2020, 09:39 PM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  Nefertity: I honestly need to be better about cleaning my cups. I clean them only once a day and my night session usually gets done late at night and sometimes I get lazy if it gets too late at night and I just want to be done. I haven't been cleaning my chest though and didn't think to do that until now. I use cocoa butter for my pumping sessions so I'm not sure if that could be clogging it? I have a hormonal iud so I actually don't get a period anymore which makes it so hard to predict these things. It use to be easy to predict things when I had periods but it's harder now. 

I know, it does'nt feel necessary to clean daily when you're just going to oil them up and use again the next day -,-  When I had acne on my face I noticed it was mostly on one side, the side I sleep on. Changing the pillow cases more often made a difference, among other things. I'm not a dermatologist but I have struggled wiht acne a whole lot and if I remember correctly cocoa butter is in fact likely to clog your pores, at least on the face. Aloe vera should be a better choice!

You're probably right. Cocoa butter may have never caused me to break out before because I never used it twice a day and then never had a dome press it into the skin. It probably is the cocoa butter and the lack of cleaning it more frequently.

I tried medium to high pressure pumping years ago before giving up because it just did not work for me. I used to noogle about 2-3 hours per day. I never got anything more than a moderate amount of temporary swelling. It was a little less than 1 cup size increase on my best days, and it didn’t last very long. The higher pressure also gave me slight orange peel skin near my armpits and between my breast, and I think it caused a bony ridge to develop on my sternum. The ridge on my sternum is weird because I’ve never heard of anything like that happen to anyone else, and I wasn’t even pumping as hard as some other people do. I never once got a blister or a pressure sore and I only gave myself the dreaded “red dots” one time. My sternum naturally sticks out and, without padding, the cups really dig into the bottom of my sternum and cause bruising. For all those reasons, I gave up on noogling years ago and only decided to try again recently. Now I want to try something similar to The Brava system.

In studies, the Brava system provided about 1 cup size increase every 18 weeks if used for 11 hours per day. That would equal about 3 cup sizes per year. In real life, most people didn’t actually use the system for that long, because of the expense of periodically replacing the domes as the well as the skin irritation and the general annoyance of having to wear the domes for  8-12 hours per day.

I bought a brava pump (aka Smartbox) and I love how it’s able to maintain very low pressure for a long time without allowing the domes to fall off. When I tried to sleep pump with a regular hand pump they would always fall off right away in my sleep if I used low pressure, and if I used a higher pressure I’d wake up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain with major skin irritation.

I also bought brava domes and it’s mind blowing how comfortable they are. Unfortunately I bought wide large domes because domes are getting harder and harder to find and I got them for a great price I couldn’t pass up. They are way too big for me and won’t maintain a seal for very long, but I think I might be able to grow into them, so I don’t want to sell them and risk not being able to find another decently priced pair.

I’ve been doing 4 to 5 hours of low pressure pumping for only 3 days without any padding because the padding I own won’t maintain a seal at low pressure. I ordered camper tape, which is a type of closed cell foam tape with strong adhesive. It might turn out to be too thin to use for very long sessions, but I used it as padding years ago and it seemed like it would be able to hold a seal at low pressure much more easily than thick fluffy foam rings. I hope that’s true, because I can’t risk using the cups without padding for much longer. Once I have the tape, I plan to sleep pump for 8 to 10 hours per night.

Long story short, I’m a big fan of low pressure/long duration pumping (at least in theory). I hope more people on this forum try it out and work out the issues that stop most people from doing it long term. It seems like it could be a safe effective solution for a lot of people. I’ll probably create a program page once I get my padding problems figured out.

Update:

Camper tape absolutely works for all night pumping. If you grease up thoroughly and start with medium pressure for just a few minutes, you can pull enough breast tissue into the cups to hold a seal, then release the pressure and switch to the low pressure “smartbox” all night. With two layers of Frost King camper tape, it was surprisingly comfortable when I sleep pumped for 11 hours last night. It’s probably important to mention that I used contoured cups and positioned the most concave part of the rim to line up with my armpit. I think that helped a lot. It was still nowhere near as comfortable as the Brava domes which are absolutely painless (aside from the skin irritation most people eventually get from wearing adhesive silicone for so many hours per day).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon