Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Caffeine

Green Tea, DHT blocker
June 14 2006 at 10:52 PM wsdm (Login wsdm)

Why should we take Green Tea?

Drinking green tea can reduce DHT levels.

Green Tea contain compounds called catechins that block DHT.

DHT is a hormone found in both men and women when an enzyme breaks down testosterone.

DHT antagonizes the effects of estrogen reducing the DHT level effectively increases the estrogen level.

DHT contributes to growth of body hair and loss of scalp hair in both sexes
Contributes to the growth and health of clitoris in females and prostate in males

According to a study done in Japan Green Tea promoted mammary gland development in mice. Research was done at Shizuoka University in Japan, it has not been proven to work in human though.

I think itis very necessary to find out what your hormone levels are, are you estrogen dominant or deficient? If you are estrogen dominant Grren Tea may not do anything for NBE but may provide some essential nutrients to your body.

Midnightoil7
(Login midnightoil7)
Re: Green Tea, DHT blocker
June 15 2006, 1:11 AM

while not sure if help BE, I drink Green Tea about twice day and I helps boby healthly.

Midnightoil

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
June 15 2006, 1:44 PM

Doesn't green tea contain teine which in the body brakes down to caffeine, which is supposed to be bad for NBE?

I am wondering though why is caffeine bad for NBE and how can I minimize its effect as much as possible, since I must drink one cup of coffee every day to stay awake, lol. Anyone know?

Persephonee, could you direct me to the post you refered to for finding out whether you are estrogen etd dominant/ deficent?

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
Coffee
June 15 2006, 2:35 PM

From my understanding, caffeine is not NBE-friendly for 2 reasons:
(1) Caffeine and carbonated drinks like soda can interfere with the ABSORBTION of the herbs. The way to overcome this is to make sure we allow at least an hour to pass before drinking coffee or soda. What I do is try to drink my coffee a couple of hours (if I can even longer) before or after my pills. I used to do the same in the past with my multi-vitamin supplement, I thought anything diuretic (same goes for alcohol) would not be a wise idea to drink close to taking a supplement...

(2) Caffeine increases INSULIN levels (and obviously even more if you have your coffee sweet with a couple of sugar tsps like I do...grrr) Again, same is true for alcohol. Increased insulin is directly linked to increased testosterone levels (in fact it causes ordinary testosterone to be converted into DHT inhibiting estrogen activity). This doesn't mean we cannot have our coffee fix once a day or an alcoholic drink every now and then as long as we DO NOT overdo it.

Hope this helps Smile

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
* Happy Growing! *
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

wsdm
(Login wsdm)
June 15 2006, 9:20 PM

Thanks Helen for that insight!

Caffeine actually increases estrogen levels, which may good for some ladies but bad for others.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
June 16 2006, 12:37 AM

wsdm is right. caffeine does increase estrogen levels significantly. i believe its because of how it affects testosterone. if you raise testosterone your body will try to counter act it by converting some of it into estrogen. but caffeine is still bad for NBE and you should restrict it some if you are going to go on a routine.

Interesting study: 3 cups of coffee a day makes breasts shrink
November 3 2008 at 5:31 AM
Kari (Login PinkNika)

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in a long while, but I was online today and found this interesting study and had to share: 3 cups of coffee a day makes breasts shrink.

now I am not a coffee drinker myself, but maybe there is a link between breast size and the amount of coffee you drink.

*~Viva la Cleavage!!~*

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: Interesting study: 3 cups of coffee a day makes breasts shrink
November 3 2008, 6:32 PM

Hey Kari - long time no see!

I read about something like this in the paper a few weeks ago, I think the flip side is that coffee is protective against either breast or maybe cervical cancer - I don't drink hot drinks so I didn't really pay attention.

KittyBeth82
(Login Iza82)
Eek.
November 3 2008, 10:44 PM

That sucks.

I always figured I had small boobs because of this, and noticed the most growth on WU when I wasn't drinking coffee... But I LOVE coffee. I'm trying to stop again, and it's so hard. *sigh*

Thanks for the post though. The article motivates me to stick with the caffeine withdrawal.

Frankie
(Login frankielovesu)
November 5 2008, 2:01 AM

yes I saw something very similar

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443731,00.html

I have tried to cut back and considered quitting all together. But I am ADDICTED. grrrr.

If anyone thinks the pain of quitting really gives results let me know!!!

HDChick
(Login HDChick)
November 15 2008, 3:13 AM

dammit... must only have 1 cup tomorrow must only have 1 cup tomorrow must only have 1 cup tomorrow must only have 1 cup tomorrow

1 day at a time baby steps ...
:-)
xxxooo

Stella Hawkins
(Login stellaH)
November 20 2008, 6:35 PM

Try decaff I drink it.

Shorty 6977
(Login shorty6977)
coffee
November 22 2008, 7:03 PM

caffeine interferes with the herbs and will not allow the herbs to do what they are meant to do. Also soft drink that contains caffeine is bad for you too.

about smoking n coffee etc.
August 19 2009 at 1:38 PM aerie (Login aerie84)

about the whole not smoking or drinking coffee teas etc...thats totally false. It really grinds my gears because the friend of mine with the largest breasts of all of us (DD) smokes and drinks ESPRESSO like a fiend. and she always smoked (started when she was 13 withe me lol) and loves coffee or anything made with coffee.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: about smoking n coffee etc.
August 19 2009, 2:23 PM

Hi Aerie,

The prohibition against caffeine is that it keeps the body from properly absorbing herbs.

The prohibition against smoking is that it seriously limits oxygen to tissues and causes the body to lose vitamin C - the precursor to collagen. Tissue building is much worse under the influence of smoking.

Your friend was not doing NBE - she was genetically programed to have those DDs. Some people seem impervious to certain 'bad habits' but I wonder if she would not have been even bigger without the smoking and drinking. Now you on the other hand have not saying YOU have been able to achieve those DDs while you are smoking and drinking caffeine... you may want to think about it.

For NBE to work the best we need to be at optimal health. As I said moderate use of caffeine is not a problem unless you are taking those caffeine drinks at the same time you are taking your herbs.

Smoking on the other hand is like throwing an anchor overboard - it is going to seriously slow you down in the NBE race if not stop you completely.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
August 19 2009, 7:46 PM

One case says nothing about the average. Smoking and coffee may hinder growth but it depends a lot on genetics how sensitive one is to the negative effects of coffee and smoking, and genetics affecting breast size to begin with. It doesn't mean if you smoke and drink coffe you have 0% chances of growth, but you probably have a but less than without it.

aerie84
(no login)
August 19 2009, 8:31 PM

so then are you saying that europeans(who ALL SMOKE) (and Im telling you they all smoke theres nothing your gonna tell me that they dont cuz I go there all the time) are all small breasted?? yeah right! what about in italy, as I said Ive been there many times...they def all smoke (majority) and drink espresso like nobody's business. anyways im not saying anything Im just wanna know where this idea that smoking n drinking coffee is bad for growth. i think its a load of crap.

here's some more food for thought...

some people smoke for their whole lives and never get cancer---
some smoke for a few years and die from lung cancer
some NEVER smoked a day in their life and still get lung cancer

why?????
cuz everybody is different

do we need to be born with the DD boob gene to have big boobs or what???

holly
(Login DancingArianFlame)
August 19 2009, 9:08 PM

what about, if you don't quit right away, because let's face it that would be hard right anyway but intime gradully come off them, if you quit right away you're going to get stressed which is bad for trying to enlarge breast naturally, am i right? but cut down a considerable amount like switching from cigs to rollies, not much of a difference but an effort...and also, cutting down on tea which means less sugar as well. probaly good to cut out the sugar in tea all together and use honey (organic) instead.

i don't know what to say about coffee i dislike it and too much is very bad for you never mind mixed with smoking.. my mum got very ill from drinking to much coffee. maybe you could try coffee from the health store i think some has no caff init what so ever.

I'm addicted to coffee-help!
April 7 2006 at 7:13 PM diz-julie (Login dizzy19)
I am currently having 4 cups a day.

Any advice on how in the world to cut it out? Any one else have this problem?

Is caffeine really bad for boobie growth?

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
Julie
April 7 2006, 7:18 PM

It is meant to be quite bad, I am not sure exactly what it does but something about higher testosterone levels or something?
I never really drank coffee but I would think even if you managed to cut down to 2 cups a day, ideally one that would be great. I have heard that some ladies switch to decaff after 1 or 2 cups while being on NBE, so you could try that?
Also, if you manage to come off the coffee, try to do it slow so your body can get used to it.
I really don't know what other advice to give you, if there is any other hot drink you enjoy that doesn't contain caffeine you could maybe try that? Switching to tea or something?
Sorry if this wasn't of great help but I have my fingers crossed for you, good luck,
Lisa

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: I'm addicted to coffee-help!
April 7 2006, 7:18 PM

I read that you dont have to give it up completely, but you should try to wait at least 2 hours after taking herbs to drink coffee or soda.

~Keep playin those "records" girls! ~
~Best wishes on a growing journey!~
*Sunset*

diz-julie
(Login dizzy19)
Thanks
April 7 2006, 7:20 PM

I could cut down to 2 cups.

Does hot chocolate have the same effect?

The thing is when I'm at work, I sit and I drink coffee all day because it is right here and I totally dig on the vanilla flavoring. UGH>>>

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
April 7 2006, 7:23 PM

chocolate and tea BOTH containe caffiene. So try decaffe maybe?

*Sunset*

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
April 7 2006, 7:38 PM

Is it one of those machines that spits out all kinds of hot drinks? If there is soup maybe try that instead and there is less caffeine in tea than coffee, I am not sure how much there is in hot chocolate but it is both bound to be better than those four cups of coffee.
And as Sunset said, decaff is always an option too, although I heard that that can mess with your hormones as well?
SugarQ could really help out with this one, I just don't know enough about this topic.

diz-julie
(Login dizzy19)
April 7 2006, 7:43 PM

They have a steady stream of folgers here and a huge stock of vanilla creamer. I will start bringing something uncaffinated. saggy boobies with coffee or perky boobies with out it...

Perky for sure~

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
April 7 2006, 8:46 PM

Hi diz-julie,

I am pasting something I read, it is what people from wonderup suggest as to whether eliminating caffeine is important when taking herbal tablets for NBE:

"Extreme use of caffeine can affect progress because it stresses the glandular system, but moderate caffeine intake (up to 5 caffeinated beverages per day) is unlikely to pose any problem. However, it might possibly help if you don't take caffeinated drinks within an hour either side of taking the tablets."

Thought this might help :-) I had the same problem myself. I tried switching to other options, such as a herbal tea, didn't really work as I LOVE the taste of coffee. Note that normal tea still has caffeine, slightly lower than coffee. Chocolate has caffeine too, but less. So switching to those might help, at least it can help you become "detached" from coffee as a drink, because it IS a habbit. What I made sure was not to drink a coffee close to taking the tablets (allowed couple of hours before/after taking them). I ended up not "needing" it that much gradually, I got used to just having a cup per day now! No way, I would have said in the past! Another thing, keep in mind that brewed coffee from coffee makers, perculators etc, has much more caffeine than instant coffee.

I am sure you are going to be fine, no need to cut it completely, reduce it if you can, 2 cups a day is very sensible, might as well try a cup of decaff every now and then and generally try not to have it close to taking your tablets Smile

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
* Keep up the happy growing! *
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Love,
Helen x

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Some herbs containing caffeine
April 7 2006, 8:56 PM

actually according to this book I have, tea contains more caffiene than coffee, I was supprised too. heres what is lists:

Arabian coffee: 1-2% Caffeine
Tea: 1-4% Caffeine
Chocolate:less than 1%
Mate: 1-2%
Cola: about 2.5%
Guarana: 2.5-5%

Thought this would be good to mention on here.

*Sunset*

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
April 7 2006, 9:12 PM

Hi, I found this list online and thought it was interesting, not saying your book is wrong Sunset.
I thought it was funny that the frozen yogurt was included in the list. :-)

http://coffeetea.about.com/library/blcaffeine.htm

Caffeine Content
All figures are approximate, especially with coffee. Different varietals can have different caffeine content, and the way the coffee is roasted can also change the values.

Double espresso (2oz) 45-100 mg
Brewed coffee (8 oz) 60-120 mg
Instant coffee (8 oz) 70 mg
Decaf coffee (8 oz) 1-5 mg
Tea - black (8 oz) 45 mg
Tea - green (8 oz) 20 mg
Tea - white (8 oz) 15 mg
Coca Cola (12 oz can) 34 mg
Pepsi (12 oz can) 38 mg
Barq's Root Beer (12 oz can) 22 mg
7-up (12 oz) 0 mg
Chocolate milk (8 oz) 4 mg
Dark chocolate (1 oz) 20 mg
Milk chocolate (1 oz) 6 mg
Ben & Jerry's Coffee Fudge Frozen Yogurt (8 oz) 85 mg

Good luck growing everyone,
Lisa

diz-julie
(no login)
Okay-
April 7 2006, 10:08 PM

So the fact that my morning doses were actually being swallowed with my coffee is definately not good. Will stop this immediately! Goodness, the things you can learn. I could imagine myself 4 months from now all ticked cause I'm not seeing results... all the while downing the herbs with coffee.

Thanks ladies!!

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
April 7 2006, 11:24 PM

thanks Lisa! Smile

*Sunset*

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
April 7 2006, 11:29 PM

That's alright Sunset, I was interested in the caffeine content myself and the website stated so many and quite specific so I thought I would post them, I didn't want to knock your book or anything though.
Have a good weekend and I hope your work isn't going to be too stressful,
take care,
Lisa

Wendy
(Login GrowWendy)
I still drink it
April 7 2006, 11:57 PM

I found on another site that it is a photoestrogen. I try to drink it in the a.m. and take my herbs at night. I would not stress about it too much if you can not give it up. I would just cut down.

chocolate is bad???
July 25 2006 at 11:04 AM
tms81 (Login tms81)
i read somewhere that chocolate contains caffeine and is therfore bad with NBE. I am a addicted to chocolate so this i very bad news.

Lynne
(no login)
Re: chocolate is bad???
July 25 2006, 2:32 PM

Me too! I've given up coffee but never thought about chocolate. Does anyone know if we should be avoiding chocolate too?

Lynne
(Login mosquitobites)
July 25 2006, 2:33 PM

I'm addicted too. I have to have some every day. I'm on Wonderup pills and haven given up coffee but didn't think about chocolate at all! Does anyone know if we shouldn't eat that too?

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
July 25 2006, 9:57 PM

To get as much caffeine as is contained in a mild to average strength cup of coffee you would need to eat 2 bars of milk chocolate. A very strong cup of coffee could contain as much as 150mg of caffeine, in which case you would need to eat over 4 bars of milk chocolate to get the same amount of caffeine (in which case you would also be consuming over 5,000 calories).

tms81
(Login tms81)
July 25 2006, 10:28 PM

i usally buy sugar free chocolate to reduce the calories. But i guess that dark chocolate contanin more caffeine. i like best light chocolate. But at least i dont drink coffee or smoke, and almost never drink alkohol.

tammy
(Login tammyrita)
chocolate is bad
July 26 2006, 4:41 PM

Hi, I drink tons of coffee, eat lots of chocolate and smoke like a steam engine and I have grown. Some women need the extra stimulants to grow so just remember (as that one thread says) - don't sweat the small stuff.
Good luck!!

Tammy

April Anna
(Login April_Anna)
Have chocolate!!!
November 2 2006, 4:12 AM

The one thing you REALLY should avoid is ALCOHOL. Just try not to abuse on cups of coffee and cigarettes, but you can have them ocasionally. You can have any kind of chocolate you like, since you don't abuse on it, because it can increase the blood level of estrogens and that will compete with the phytoestrogens you are taking. A little of chocolate per day won't decrease your growth in any way.

Best wishes,

April Anna

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon