Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Relationships & NBE (warning long post)

(07-12-2015, 05:06 AM)Alliecat Wrote:  
(03-12-2015, 05:47 PM)Goodwill Wrote:  just as kind of a random comment/observation - I see a lot of the phrase "do it for yourself, not for anyone else" when it comes to making physical changes/improving yourself, and this has never made logical sense to me. cus if you think about it, the satisfaction you get from these changes is through OTHER people thinking you look better or whatever.

so in essence you are doing it for other people no matter how you look at it, which is perfectly normal and ok though IMO. I mean everybody has things that they want to change about themselves. I think there is a stigma about wanting to change yourself because people think for some reason it makes you look weak or that you have low self esteem, and that people use this phrase to justify their wanting to alter themselves.

I dunno, I just wish this stigma would go away because I feel there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself, as long as you don't obsess over your shortcomings and take time to acknowledge your positive attributes. /randomobservationoff

Satisfaction coming from other people liking the way you look isn't always true, Goodwill. The satisfaction you get from your effort and changes comes from being able to look at yourself in the mirror and see the person that you've always felt like was trapped inside of you and is finally able to be a reality. I said I do it for me and I meant it as exactly that. It's the same reason I practice yoga and eat healthy, because I like the way I look and I like to appreciate my body, as well as feel alive and healthy. I stopped caring how other people like me and my body a long time ago. If someone appreciates the way I look then that's great, but it certainly isn't motivation for NBE, not for me anyway. It might not make sense to you, but that's only your perspective and doesn't necessarily reflect other people's point of view.
eh, i think youre being affected by the stigma I was talking about and either don't realize it or don't want to admit it. the sole reason physical attractiveness exists is to attract other people. you aren't going to marry yourself or have sex with yourself. the changes you want to make to yourself are based off of what society tells you is attractive. that's why you aren't gonna find many forums about people wanting to make their b cup boobs smaller, or how to get more acne, or how to make guys hair fall out faster lol.

(07-12-2015, 06:51 AM)Goodwill Wrote:  
(03-12-2015, 05:47 PM)Goodwill Wrote:  just as kind of a random comment/observation - I see a lot of the phrase "do it for yourself, not for anyone else" when it comes to making physical changes/improving yourself, and this has never made logical sense to me. cus if you think about it, the satisfaction you get from these changes is through OTHER people thinking you look better or whatever.

so in essence you are doing it for other people no matter how you look at it, which is perfectly normal and ok though IMO. I mean everybody has things that they want to change about themselves. I think there is a stigma about wanting to change yourself because people think for some reason it makes you look weak or that you have low self esteem, and that people use this phrase to justify their wanting to alter themselves.

I dunno, I just wish this stigma would go away because I feel there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself, as long as you don't obsess over your shortcomings and take time to acknowledge your positive attributes. /randomobservationoff

Satisfaction coming from other people liking the way you look isn't always true, Goodwill. The satisfaction you get from your effort and changes comes from being able to look at yourself in the mirror and see the person that you've always felt like was trapped inside of you and is finally able to be a reality. I said I do it for me and I meant it as exactly that. It's the same reason I practice yoga and eat healthy, because I like the way I look and I like to appreciate my body, as well as feel alive and healthy. I stopped caring how other people like me and my body a long time ago. If someone appreciates the way I look then that's great, but it certainly isn't motivation for NBE, not for me anyway. It might not make sense to you, but that's only your perspective and doesn't necessarily reflect other people's point of view.
eh, i think youre being affected by the stigma I was talking about and either don't realize it or don't want to admit it. the sole reason physical attractiveness exists is to attract other people. you aren't going to marry yourself or have sex with yourself. the changes you want to make to yourself are based off of what society tells you is attractive. that's why you aren't gonna find many forums about people wanting to make their b cup boobs smaller, or how to get more acne, or how to make guys hair fall out faster lol.

Like I said, that's just your perspective. But if you aren't in my head you really can't know what drives me, or anyone else, and to assume that you can is just presumptuous. Just because you don't understand a concept, doesn't mean it isn't true, it just means it's outside your capacity to comprehend.

(07-12-2015, 11:38 PM)Alliecat Wrote:  

Like I said, that's just your perspective. But if you aren't in my head you really can't know what drives me, or anyone else, and to assume that you can is just presumptuous. Just because you don't understand a concept, doesn't mean it isn't true, it just means it's outside your capacity to comprehend.
hey whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

(08-12-2015, 06:10 AM)Goodwill Wrote:  
(07-12-2015, 11:38 PM)Alliecat Wrote:  

hey whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

I do believe when people on here say they want to achieve success with these natural methods solely for themselves.
I am not like that but I have plenty of friends who change their appearance just because of what they want to see in the mirror. And for the personal sense of accomplishment. Everyone's different!

Hi i 100% agree with the first post of TibetanPrincess.

A man who loves you doesn't want you to look perfect or whatever, with huge boobs.

Wow,, how many different ways did the people nail this,,, lol,,

Hun, you said something a few pages back,,
(Goodwill, I'm honestly afraid he would think it's ridiculous or even get frustrated with me for saying that I looked this stuff online. I don't want to risk him holding something like this against me. Or acting like it's cool after we talk about it some but then secretly thinking I'm a weirdo or something )

1# what right does he have to judge how you maintain your own body?
or to look down on you for going to educated forums on the subject?

2# him holding it against you,,? sweety it sounds like your putting way too high a value on his opinions and not enough value on your own right to make beneficial choices for yourself.

3# Worrying about him thinking your a weirdo for this choice,,,, Maybe the very fact that you have to be concerned about his loyalties,, over a relatively small subject should be a clear indicator of things to come,,, If you have to go out of your way to alter yourself to maintain his attention,, you should out there shopping for the guy that will be hopelessly in love with you,( in sickness and in health,, for richer and for poorer,, - lol you get the picture.

The very fact that your torturing yourself over his whims,,shows clearly just how much (you) invest in a relationship,,, just how far (you,ll) go to maintain it .
You could easily be loved by a man that see,s all your imperfections ,, (as perfection)! That couldnt imagine wanting anyone else in his arms,, a man that would always find pleasure in looking at( just )you.
There are men out there that play the psychological game so perfectly,, they get you to love them, then they very subtly control you,, make you doubt yourself , sell yourself short just to keep you under your thumb. and slip you just enough pillow talk to keep the game going.
I know there are goodmen out there i sincerely hope you find one hun. i wish you the best.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon