Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Brava silicone rims

i wish i had registered before & saw your post. i threw away an old set of domes about 6 months ago Sad i was using the airlock system & the silicone didn't really seperate from the plastic but it became disfigured & would get pulled inside the dome. im not really sure if im explaining it well. but they became unusable and i had to buy a new pair from brava. i continued to use the airlock system with the new set but i just made sure i flared it out really good when i put it them on and didn't have any more problems. in fact, that 2nd set of domes looks as good as new. granted i can't guarantee you wont have problems but wanted to share my experience, hopefully it will help. sorry again about the domes...

im re-reading. rolling is probably a good description of what happened with my first domes.
also, about the moisture, i would use coffee filters.

Ok, so I've tried a few things and so far, this is the only thing that has worked. I no longer get those sweat blisters or deep cut lines or bumps. So far anyway. I went to CVS and got several different things to try and here's the current winner: http://m.cvs.com/mt/www.cvs.com/shop/hom...uid-210000

Make sure it's this kind and not any other medical tape because I've tried other kinds and no, they do not work. Only this kind works. It sticks to itself, not your skin, it's very stretchy and breathable. It's about the same color as an ace bandage and mine is 2" wide. I don't know if the 1" wide would work.

Anyway, do not put it on the entire part of the rim that presses against your chest, or you won't get a seal with the suction. (At least I didn't). What I did was press the end against the outside of the rim starting at the bottom of the dome. As you work your way up and around, the tape should be 1/2 way pressed against the outside of the rim and 1/2 way sticking up in the air. Once you get half way around the dome (so, at the top of the dome), lay down and press down the 1/2 that was sticking in the air. So, basically fold it over the edge of the rim and press down. It will stick to the silicone. Finish running the tape around the other half of the dome, then again, fold over the part in the air and press down. Once you have both ends together, overlap one on top of the other at least an inch or more, then cut the rest of the tape roll off. So, you're covering the edge of the rim only and part of the tape will be on the outer edges of the rim that goes against your skin and part of the tape will be on the outside edge. I hope that makes sense

Even though you're only covering the outside edge of the rim, you're covering the most uncomfortable part and the part that digs into you. I'm guessing it also somewhat absorbs moisture because I haven't had those sweat blisters or any bumps at all while doing this, or any deep lines or irritation. And also only covering half of the rims so that you still get a good sticky seal.

When I'm done pumping, I removed the tape, dip it in alcohol, wipe my rims & domes with alcohol and lay the tape flat to dry. It's sticky the following night so I can reuse it. I've only done this a few nights, but so far so good and I haven't had to use new tape yet.

Make sure you're flipping your rims outward when putting them on Smile

I also don't use the brava filters. I fold up toilet paper and put it in my domes, but I'm going to try the coffee filter tip!

(25-04-2015, 10:11 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  The organic coconut oil is a good idea!! I know of something that will take the sticky right off, but you have to wash the silicone with warm soapy water right afterwards and I'd wash it 2-3 times. There's this stuff called goof-off and another one called Goo be gone. I think Goof Off works better. But I do think that all tackiness gone would make it harder to get a good seal. A friend of mine removed all of her sticky stuff with Goof Off, then bought some roll-on body glue and says she hasn't had any more skin reactions so I might try that.

There's also some silicone gel sheets for scar treatment that you could try to put on your skin first, then put the domes on, on top of those to help with skin issues (without taking off the sticky). Or even that fabric medical tape while leaving the sticky on? I'm experimenting too since my skin gets pissed. Im going to try out several things before resorting to the body glue & removing the sticky.

I looked up roll on body glue and found there are quite a few manufactures of this type of product. Do you have any idea of the product name or the manufacturer? I don't want to waste money trying to figure out what works best for sealing the rims if somebody has already figured it out.
I bought some Glamorise Front Zipper MagicLift High Impact Sports Bras to use instead of the Brava bra. I like these because you have the front zip feature and they hold the domes on without any leaks at all. I think this bra will work good even if there is no original glue on the rims. I got a size that holds them on tight but is not hard to get on and off. It was a little hard to figure out the cup size when wearing domes, I had to order twice to get the right size. The Brava bra is a little weak and I found the velcro very noisy when I would turn over in bed.

Will everyone do me a favor and switch this conversation over to this new thread? I want to make it easier for people to find all of this info when they're looking through this forum. Thank you!! http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23446

I sent my friend a text asking what kind of glue she uses- I'll let you know when I find out Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon