Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Colon Cleanse - Any sugestions please?

Hey girl, I like these,

(30-05-2014, 09:13 PM)KinakoNeko Wrote:  Apple Cider Vinegar
Drinking 1tsp/day helps rebalance the acidity and Ph of your body. It will also help cleanse and stimulate the digestive system. **Drinking ACV Water
The most basic thing of all. A simple calculation is: Half of your body weight (pounds) is what you should drink (in ounces). If you have an active lifestyle, job, or exercise regularly, then you should definitely add a liter or two!
Example: A woman weighing 120lbs (54kg) should drink 60oz (2liters) of water a day if she has a sedentary lifestyle. If she has an active lifestyle, I would suggest 3-4 liters of water. If she exercises the 5-8 liters depending on amount, duration, and type of exercise. Smile
** Drinking 1 glass of water in the morning stimulates digestion!**

with or after a meal helps your body absorb more Calcium. Instead of drinking it, you can also eat it as a vinaigrette or in a sauce**

Lemon Juice
Like ACV the acidity is good for your body's Ph. It is also a natural diuretic so will gently help stimulate the digestive system. ** If I am feeling heavy, bloated, PMS, or if I went out and ate/drank a lot of unhealthy or simply fatty food (I love French cuisine!!) I will make 1 liter of cold water with 1-2 lemons juiced inside, adding some ginger juice if it is PMS or upset stomach, and chug it all right before bed. Trust me, this will help 10000% with stomach bloating and that "heavy" feeling that carries over to the next morning. You may also get up in the middle of the night to poop. Just letting you know. I also use this trick when I am getting close to a fitness competition because it really helps keep your stomach lean and flat - especially that little "pooch" area. I will typically do this every night for the week leading up to the comp, but you can do it 3-7 days before an event! **

Slimy Foods
Okra, Natto, Chia Seeds....anything that has that slimy texture is great for cleaning out the digestive system. As it moves through the bowels, these types of foods literally take everything with them! Gross but very healthy for you!

I have a lot more, but can't think of them all right now Smile I will post more later, haha <3 <3 <3

The most important starting point is fiber. Cleans you out and that makes it harder for parasites to find a place to burrow. You can use psyllium husks, same stuff they put in Metamucil, or simply eat lots of veggies and bran. I like the last way because there are a lot of super healthy foods that are overloaded with fiber like wheat germ, rice bran, and spinach. For a while I think I was eating too much fiber since it was too filling.

Large amounts of pumpkin seeds are also very good for you for many reasons, not only for worms. Get them sprouted to avoid indigestion from eating a lot, or soak raw seeds in water overnight yourself, drain and rinse. They have plenty of fiber, loads of L-arginine and other aminos for making HGH, zinc, pumpkin seed oil of course, and a variety of other vitamins and minerals.

Besides fiber rice bran is packed with both oil and water soluble antioxidants which are great for a liver cleanse. 6-9 tsp a day is good, but start lower to get used to it and to avoid a cleansing reaction. It tastes like any bran so you can sprinkle it on fruit, put in smoothies, sweeten it with something, etc. Or eat plain with something to drink.

I'm not sure about killing worms.

Thank you lotus and surfer. Loads of starting points for me. I can feel gas moving and colon spasms after i eat. The health shop gave me a candida blend NOT that ive had any yeast issues or infections ever which is why i discounted that but they think it could be in my GI tract Sad
Having to give up booze will be the hardest but possibly a godsend also!

I was thinking of trying chlorella too? Any feedback on that?

Again thank you all for your suggestions x

(05-10-2014, 04:21 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Thank you lotus and surfer. Loads of starting points for me. I can feel gas moving and colon spasms after i eat. The health shop gave me a candida blend NOT that ive had any yeast issues or infections ever which is why i discounted that but they think it could be in my GI tract Sad

Ya I used to have endless debilitating allergies which I've suppressed with antioxidants for years. So I'm uniquely dependent on having an antioxidant that works. I have used chlorella and it worked. The only thing is I don't remember how much I used. I have also used spirulina and for spirulina the amount is 10-20 grams. Though I've heard of studies using 8 grams and you need to gradually introduce smaller amounts. So beware of pills of any health food. It's hard to beat spinach, for example, and would you take dried spinach pills or would you laugh at them?

Alcohol is ok in moderation unless you have severe liver problems. Thiamine (B1) and antioxidants are good to clear it out after. Thiamine for the enzyme that breaks down alcohol in the liver and antioxidants to prevent liver damage from detox.

(05-10-2014, 06:32 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014, 04:21 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Thank you lotus and surfer. Loads of starting points for me. I can feel gas moving and colon spasms after i eat. The health shop gave me a candida blend NOT that ive had any yeast issues or infections ever which is why i discounted that but they think it could be in my GI tract Sad

Ya I used to have endless debilitating allergies which I've suppressed with antioxidants for years. So I'm uniquely dependent on having an antioxidant that works. I have used chlorella and it worked. The only thing is I don't remember how much I used. I have also used spirulina and for spirulina the amount is 10-20 grams. Though I've heard of studies using 8 grams and you need to gradually introduce smaller amounts. So beware of pills of any health food. It's hard to beat spinach, for example, and would you take dried spinach pills or would you laugh at them?

Alcohol is ok in moderation unless you have severe liver problems. Thiamine (B1) and antioxidants are good to clear it out after. Thiamine for the enzyme that breaks down alcohol in the liver and antioxidants to prevent liver damage from detox.

Thanks surfer. No i wouldnt laugh at spinach pills.
Im actually going to starting juicing so will include spinach.
Yes digestion is no joke when it fails you..I realise this now. Ive never "really" abused food. I suspect too much wine has triggered my probs so maybe they were on track with the candida thing.. buggered if i know Sad

(05-10-2014, 06:46 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Yes digestion is no joke when it fails you..I realise this now. Ive never "really" abused food. I suspect too much wine has triggered my probs so maybe they were on track with the candida thing.. buggered if i know Sad
Spinach is the best. I was referring to the tiny amount that fits into a pill. You gotta go bulk.

If you are going to go that far then here is my ultimate 100% of everything you need mix that I've been using:
twice a day:
1/2 lb. bunch of spinach (or 1 cup juice)
1 white button mushroom (brown or small portabello also ok)

1/8 tsp kelp (0.4g)
4 tsp spirulina (10g)
3 tsp brewer's yeast (7g)
1.5 tsp jerusalem artichoke powder (4.5g)
1000-2000 iu vitamin D or a little tan
1 tsp MSM (1.5g)

1 tsp fish oil

Plus 3.5 oz oysters per week. Canned or fresh is ok. I like them cooked in white wine and garlic. You could mix the dried items ahead of time for simplicity, multiplying the weights by X and rounding. Milk can reduce the bitterness of spinach. I make cream of spinach soup with the mushroom, salt, pepper and parmessan, lightly heated to wilt then pureed.

Has all you need of every vitamin, mineral, antioxidant, essential fatty acid, prebiotics, fiber and protein. Plus it has 3,000 mg L-arginine a day. Plus the misc known and unknown essential substances like bioflavanoids, the lack of which makes multi-vites nearly useless. Except it doesn't have much B12, which is easy to get if you aren't vegan. And sodium: do get a little salt. It is essential for life. Start lower to avoid a cleansing reaction. This will fix anything.

(05-10-2014, 03:08 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(05-10-2014, 06:46 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Spinach is the best. I was referring to the tiny amount that fits into a pill. You gotta go bulk.

If you are going to go that far then here is my ultimate 100% of everything you need mix that I've been using:
twice a day:
1/2 lb. bunch of spinach (or 1 cup juice)
1 white button mushroom (brown or small portabello also ok)

1/8 tsp kelp (0.4g)
4 tsp spirulina (10g)
3 tsp brewer's yeast (7g)
1.5 tsp jerusalem artichoke powder (4.5g)
1000-2000 iu vitamin D or a little tan
1 tsp MSM (1.5g)

1 tsp fish oil

Plus 3.5 oz oysters per week. Canned or fresh is ok. I like them cooked in white wine and garlic. You could mix the dried items ahead of time for simplicity, multiplying the weights by X and rounding. Milk can reduce the bitterness of spinach. I make cream of spinach soup with the mushroom, salt, pepper and parmessan, lightly heated to wilt then pureed.

Has all you need of every vitamin, mineral, antioxidant, essential fatty acid, prebiotics, fiber and protein. Plus it has 3,000 mg L-arginine a day. Plus the misc known and unknown essential substances like bioflavanoids, the lack of which makes multi-vites nearly useless. Except it doesn't have much B12, which is easy to get if you aren't vegan. And sodium: do get a little salt. It is essential for life. Start lower to avoid a cleansing reaction. This will fix anything.
Thanks heaps surfer. Glad this is here for reference. Thanks again.

Hi ELLACRAIG,
I was wondering if you chose a regimen and how it worked for you? I have been suffering from outbreaks of dermatitis and the doc told me it was caused by inflammation. However, she couldn't tell me what causes the inflammation. In researching this, I read that an unhealthy gut may cause a myriad of issues and possibly inflammation. I'm sure taking PM probably exacerbates the problem. Have you heard about a coffee enema? (***GASP***). Yes, and sorry I did go there. I haven't done it. But I was curious if you or anyone might have heard good things about it as well.
Thanks!

(09-12-2014, 02:45 AM)BERRYBERRY1234 Wrote:  Hi ELLACRAIG,
I was wondering if you chose a regimen and how it worked for you? I have been suffering from outbreaks of dermatitis and the doc told me it was caused by inflammation. However, she couldn't tell me what causes the inflammation. In researching this, I read that an unhealthy gut may cause a myriad of issues and possibly inflammation. I'm sure taking PM probably exacerbates the problem. Have you heard about a coffee enema? (***GASP***). Yes, and sorry I did go there. I haven't done it. But I was curious if you or anyone might have heard good things about it as well.
Thanks!

Hi. Yes that sounds right. Food allergies or maybe candida in the gut.
I'm still having issues. I find fenugreek helps me if I have it with tea. Alternatively have a food allergies test done to rule out trigger foods like gluten lactose or night shades.
There's so many what if ' it's frustrating to identify the cause.
maybe implement a good probiotic to see if that helps.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon