Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bovine Ovary side effects???PLEASE HELP

miss, BB does do what it claims to do "under the right circumstances" lol. One of my fears in reccomending it is that if you are someone that has temperature problems, there's a chance it won't work for you. I lucked out. I have temp problems, but they don't seem to effect it at all! I guess mine is due to circulation and not thyroid. My sister in law is interested in trying it and while I really want her to have what I have. I warned her to check her temp before considering it as an option. I know on the old forum there are tons of post of women that never could get it to work and had low temps. I really think that should be a little more discussed on the BB site. You can find it in the F&A section, but it doesn't make you think it won't work because of it.

One of the things that led me to BO and BB was hormone balance. I was researching other options besides progesterone for hormone balance and found a suppliment I really wanted to try, but the mix had black cohosh in it. A real no no, in my opinion especially for me since breast cancer runs high in my family. so I started looking at other places to get BO and ended up finding that it can cause breast growth also. I REALLY wanted to try it then. LOL. At the time the only one I could come across that made me comfortable was bouniful breast for three reasons. One it had the bovine ovary and 2 it had progesterone and 3 they had before and after pictures! So that's what I went with. I no sooner ordered it though and started getting scared that I had bought something that could ever work for such a huge price, then I found eve's and began to feel much better about it.

I personally don't think that BO is dangerous. As for infertility, I've yet to figure out where that came from. I've only seen it on the forums, so I don't know, but I figure just like taking BC, certain things can keep you from getting pregnant. Do I think it had done that to me? Nope. I don't plan to have kids, but if what they say is true about certain symtoms, then I'm more fertile than ever probably. I started having cramping at ovulation and a tiny bit of break through spotting that day. When I began looking that up, all the fertility sites claim that is a sign of extreme fertility. So I really don't know what to believe, but as long as the rumors of fertility problems persist without being able to find the source or details on it I would never feel comfortable telling someone to try it that wanted to have kids, just in case.

By the way, I would never consider this a hormone imbalancing drug. BO is used in several menopause formulas to balance hormones and that is exactly what it has done for me. I on the other hand have strong feelings about herbs and would never try that route. Everyone has to find what they are comfortable and go by trial and error. I still say BB is the best thing that ever happened to me and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Mel

Hello,
I dont know if this will help. But I found this on the Transfemme web site. I believe they are the same company just tartgeting different groups. Here is what they say about men taking thier pills.

Can I still sire children?

No, most users report their sperm count drops to levels at or near sterile after six months of use.

I dont know if it would have any effect on females in the same way but I would not chance it if you still want to have kids. Also maybe you should ask your doctor about it.
Good Luck,
Jim

Transfemme causing sterility in men is not related to BB causing infertility in women. They are made by the same company, maybe even the same product. Transfemme causes sterility because it lowers testosterone levels and increases estrogen levels. Low testosterone levels in men cause infertility, because testosterone participates in the process that produces sperm and low testosterone leads to a low sperm count. Female fertility is not regulated by testosterone so BB shouldn't cause infertility in this sense. I don't know whether there is another mechanism that may though.

Excellent info Jim Hazel, that answers a lot in my mind and makes perfect sense on how the infertility thing got started.

What I have found on it effecting women's fertility seems to be the exact same statement word for word on each site that discusses it which is odd. They do say it can cuase infertility in women due to the high levels of prolactin it creates in the body. To be clear, they then discuss it works the same way as the high amounts of prolactin produced in a woman when she is pregnant. So I think the word infetility is being taken too literal, it sounds to me as if it's meant more like a birth control pill would work. As long as your prolactin levels are high, you can't get pregnant, just like in the men when the estrogen is high and testosterone is down, you can't get a woman pregnant.
This also is backed up by what happens in women that are nursing. While there is always those rare few that nursing doesn't work as a birth control method, for the majority of women it does for the same reason, prolactin which is extremely high to allow the production of milk.

Also here are some links to some sites that use bovine ovary for pills to help women with infertility problems, menopause and pms, which as I said is what led me to this product in the first place, but they have alot of info on the bovine ovary that you don't see on the breast pill sites since it is being used for something else in these pills but interesting reads all the same.

The first product is Le Feminine Advantage you can visit the site here http://www.doctorsresearch.com/prod_le.html

Or simply read their statement on bovine ovary usage in their product below--
"Bovine ovary supplies ovarian tissue. Ovarian tissue has long been advised to improve the integrity of ovarian cells and to assist with a whole range of menstrual and menopausal concerns [4,8-11]. Specifically it has been advised to restore menstruation in those who should have menstrual cycles, to assist those with PMS related symptoms (including nervousness), reduce inflammation of the lining of the uterus (endocervicitis), improve sexual response, reduce ovarian cysts, help with hot flashes, help with menstrual cramps, normalize menstrual flow, aid with calcium disorders, and to reverse infertility [8-11]. The ovarian tissue in Le Feminine Advantage is from New Zealand."

The next product is Ovex you can visit their brochure here http://www.standardprocess.com/display/displayFile.aspx?docid=772&filename=/Public/Lit/TabSheets/ovex6600.pdf

you can find more supplements like these searching for hormone balancing supplements.

For a woman, it makes sense then that once you are no longer taking the pills the prolactin levels will drop and fertility will restart.

while all of this makes perfect sense to me and I would feel confident enough to take it even if I were planning to have more children, I would never tell someone that has not had kids to take it, Mainly because there is no solid answer to prove it to be so, but also many many women have difficulties getting pregnant without ever having taken anything to effect it. Until someone tries to get pregnant they don't know if they are one of these women, but I would hate for them to "assume" it was their fault for taking the pills or for that matter try to blame it on one of the companies, when they very well could have had fertility problems all on their own and there would be no way to prove which it was from.

As for me? my hormones are more balanced than they have been in 5 years or so and it is 100% because of the BB pills. love them.

thank you very much for the information itsjust4fun91

Wow interesting article! Makes me feel safer taking it! I have a question tho.. I ordered some pills called "Curvier You" for hip/butt enhancement. And I just got them in the mail. Haven't taken them yet.. but one of the ingredients is fenugreek. I remember reading somewhere that we"re not supposed to take estrogenic herbs when taking BO? How true is that??

@itsjustforfun: Do you go to your doctor to check your hormone balance or do you take the test online? If you were going to a doctor, which doctor did you go?

I'm sorry I have no idea where to check my hormone balance.

I go to my regular gyn doc, but she is at a military base. I have thought of doing the mail away test, but I kind of have something to proove to my doc. LOL

When I first went in two years ago. According to my doc and my test, I was going into early perimenopause. It didn't really shock me since my mother had as well, but it still didn't sit right with me to think that at 35 I was going through this. My doc suggested an IUD to help with the symptoms since I can't have hormone therapy due to my high risk of breast cancer. I wasn't up for an IUD when I asked what if I had problems with it and wanted it removed and she said they would refuse because they are expensive. So I went home to think about what my options were. I started doing research and found Dr. Lee and his book about using progesterone. I went back to my doc and told her what I wanted to try and told her I could do it with or without her, but I would really like to do it with her and if it didn't work, I would consider her way.

That was the beginning of my recovery. It got me past my most extreme symptoms, mainly the emotional roller coaster that made me look like I had multiple personalities and the hormone migraines on a daily basis, but it didn't completely get me back to my old self, but enough that I was thrilled. I went back to my doc ad my next test showed a big change in my hormones and my doc was baffled by my test results. Not perfect, but about a 50 percent change from where they were. She agreed to read the book finally. LOL.

I still had the heavy bleeding and cramping with the progesterone and mild pms the day before my period, but I was sane again.

My next experiment was the BO which she was also concerned about, but by now she knows if I get it in my head, it's written in stone. By the end of the first month on it I went back in for my blood test and everything was perfect and that was without using the progesterone any longer. My doc still isn't sold on the BO, but is at least beginning to be open minded to the fact that not everything phrama is the best option.

I now have 5 day periods that are very light like I use to before my body decided to revolt. I don't have cramps at all now. In fact I have no warning of starting my period now that I only take BO. No PMS what so ever! Isn't that incredible? Oh and by the way, my doctor official removed the peri menopause from my diagnosis!

So, The only thing different is now I can feel ovulation it's a pinching sensation on the 14th day of my cycle and then I pass a tiny spot of blood hours later. It's suppose to be a sign of high fertility. I think it's very annoying. LOL. So now I dab on a spot of progesterone starting 2 days before ovulation and now that's fixed.

If you have a good doc that you like, it's standard prcedure to run hormone testing if you go in complaining of symptoms associated with hormone imbalance. You can always go that route if you just want to see where you stand, but if you want to monitor them and don't want to go to your doc, I think the mail in test are probably very reliable. If I wasn't trying to bring my doctor over to the enlightened side of a woman's body, I would probably do it myself.

ha! you tell 'em! i deal with military docs, too, and some are great about listening to what YOU want to do with YOUR body and some look at you like you are crazy and hand you a fistful of motrin that you will never take.

interesting articles, too. i don't really get it, though: if the prolactin acts as a birth control, how could you have gotten "extra fertile"?

well, for that matter if prolactin acts as a birth control how could the le feminine advantage use it as a ferility product. I'm really not sure. I never had the guts to test the "you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding deal." LOL, I think any woman that does has to be insane. I know the le leche league always told the girls that, but I know my docs always suggested a very low dose BC even while breastfeeding, but swore that you didn't need the full strength one.

And as to the extra fertile, I'm just saying that when you look up those symptoms that the doctors and specialty sites claim that it's a sign of a super fertile women, but then again, that could be more of the same old same old, just say anything among docs, when they don't have the answers. lol

I would be more than content to become infertile, we are so done having babies, but I'm pretty certain that's not the case so far, BUT maybe it's a matter of being on it longer than 6 months. Guess we'll see if anything changes in a few months

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon