Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

making my own cream

macerating herbs before addint to alcohol is a good idea as it will release natural oils/ect into the alcohol easier.

any roots are best boiled seeds mostly as well if they do not contain a lot of natural oils.

Muy bueno macerar polvo de fenogreco en aceite de cacahuete o maní, dejarlo minimo una semana macerando y luego aplicar.: Cool:

Thanks, all! Where would I find 150 proof alcohol?

I did some quick googling and found youtube videos (ysing search terms: herbs, cream, make) showing how to make your own herbal creams (rather than mixing the herbs into an existing cream). I am intrigued and may try to do this in the near future. Smile I think it would be fun.. you can use whatever oil you already use for breast massage, and then do the process to emulsify it into a cream. Also, people talked about infusing oils with the herbs for a few weeks. This is a great idea because then you can buy actual herbs in bulk way cheaper than going out and buying the capsules.
Anyway, if I do make my own cream, I will let you all know how it goes. Smile

example video for a cream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gkDoMNz8RQ

how to make an herbal infusion (basically a tea but you infuse for 10-15 min):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gkDoMNz8RQ

i love these videos!! Smile

Hi all, I got the rest of my herbs in the mail today (I based them on what is in Breast Actives cream): PM, red clover, fenugreek, wild yam.. plus the saw palmetto I got the other day from a local store. I made a cream by dumping a capsule of each (except the PM which is in tablet form. so I just swallowed one instead since it is the start of my period Smile) into a bowl and then adding some of my massage oil and some natural body lotion. I mixed it all up with a spoon and then applied some of it and massaged as usual. I realized the saw palmetto brand I bought was not very finely ground so that is why I had a hard time using it in the oil the other day. The other capsules contain finely ground herbs so they mix together better. However, when using them, it is slightly grainy (not as much as the saw palmetto was) and gets a bit messy since the herb powders start to clump together as you massage and then flake off your skin. Anyway, I will use it for now (just in the bathtub or over the sink Smile). What I am going to try to do since I have all these herb capsules now is to experiment with making an infused oil using the powders. I'll let it infuse for 3-4 weeks and then strain and use it as my massage oil. The only problem is I don't know how many capsules to use, etc. In the videos I saw, with dried herbs, you just cover the herbs with oil. The powders are more concentrated so it doesn't make sense to do it like that.

I also applied some of the leftover cream I made on my breasts as a mask and I am sitting here with it on right now.

(08-08-2014, 03:13 AM)ruch Wrote:  Where would I find 150 proof alcohol?

At a liquor store, like Specs. Also, some grocery stores have a separate building next to their store only for alcohol.

The word "proof" is confusing me. Vodka is 40% alcohol. Is that the same thing? In that case, of course I know where to find it.Smile

Hi - I found this thread because I'm very interested in making my own cream. I ordered PM extract drops instead of buying a cream. I'm also a big fan of dermarolling. I haven't used it on my face. But I plan to. I'm using it on my breasts and body for stretch marks (*sigh*). I found this website when I was trying to find out how to disinfect my roller:
http://homedistiller.org/distill/dilute/calc
I couldn't find alcohol at 150 proof, which I believe is the concentration you need to disinfect. I bought 190 proof vodka and dilute it.
Please research dermarolling thoroughly. After all, it increases absorption of whatever product you use. Using the wrong product after dermarolling would cause more harm than good. I'm not a doctor and everyone is different. My understanding is either a 0.25 or 0.5 mm roller is sufficient to help with product absorption. I have never used under 0.5mm. I use 1.5mm for stretchmarks. I have noticed a great improvement on my body. The longer the needle, the more time you need to rest that area. Best of luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon