Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

making my own cream

Does anyone have any advice for making my own cream? My idea was to look at ingredients list and active ingredients portions for a reputable NBE product and try to copy the proportions.

I just ordered:
PM
red clover
saw palmetto
fenugreek
wild yam

I will mix it into a natural cream containing vitamin E. Going to look for one without harmful chemicals.

Also, for creams, is cycling required? (e.g. I know that people cycle PM with less strong herbs - should I mix a PM cream separate from a cream containing the rest? Or can I mix altogether and just use it daily?)

I've been searching the forum about this exact topic yesterday. I would like to know too Smile

ruch, are you planning to use extracts and such? or powder? I would figure that the powder from the capsules won't dilute too well? Not sure... Let me know if you tried anything yet.

http://www.fenugreekworld.com/how-to-mak...eek-cream/

jes: i ordered capsules filled with powder.. let's hope it works!
i followed a link someone else on here posted (let me see if i can find it again) and plan to use that method, but adding the other herbs as well. i was going to look at the ingredients list for "breast actives" cream and try to follow it as closely as i can, for whatever herbs i have.

thanks for the link, lovely11! very useful!

found it!
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=20680&pid=123675#pid123675

i was inspired by anksun's growth Smile

I have some saw palmetto (still waiting for the other herbs to arrive) so today i opened a capsule and put some in my massage oil. That is when i realised the herbs are of course just ground up so they will not exactly dissolve in the oil or cream. When i rubbed it on my breasts, i could feel the grainy texture and it felt like i was just exfoliating my breasts rather than rubbing anything into the skin. Since the herbs don't dissolve into the cream, how is it getting through your skin? I feel like maybe making my own cream with powdered herbs is not good and i should get liquid extract versions. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do with my herb capsules to make them work with a cream or oil?

Look into using a dermaroller to help the ingredients absorb better. I've been using one for maybe 6 months now and I love it. I don't use it on my breasts but I use it on my face, neck and hands. It penetrates the skin to help the products you apply absorb even deeper. It also helps collagen production. Good stuff.

Thanks! What is a dermaroller and how do you use it?

I was thinking I could turn the herbs into a very small portion of concentrated "tea" and add the tea to the cream.. or I could try to grind them finer using a mortar and pestle (though that probably won't do much)

(07-08-2014, 07:39 AM)ruch Wrote:  Thanks! What is a dermaroller and how do you use it?

I was thinking I could turn the herbs into a very small portion of concentrated "tea" and add the tea to the cream.. or I could try to grind them finer using a mortar and pestle (though that probably won't do much)

I'd look it up on youtube and see what it's all about. Not for everyone but your skin truly does look radiant after using it. And like I was saying, it's great for absorption too. A lot of substances can't be absorbed by our skin because the molecules are too big for our pores. The dermaroller helps to allow them in.

(07-08-2014, 07:39 AM)ruch Wrote:  Thanks! What is a dermaroller and how do you use it?

make a decoction. most likely the dried herbs wont ever be small enough to be absorbed transdermally. use a 2;1 ratio of 150 proof alcohol to 1 part dried herb, put in an amber or cobolt jar.shake once a day , store in a dark cupboard and do not use until it has been 3 weeks. strain through a clean coffee filter and squeeze the remainin moisture as well. discard the dried herbs which are now basically inert matter. store in cupboard add extract to creme base . if alcohol is not an option, i have heard of people using witchhazel which is also purported to be a skin toner/tightener

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon