Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Charlie Girl's Program :) Seeing results after 2.5 weeks!

(14-08-2014, 09:57 PM)WannaBePearShaped Wrote:  Wow!Thanks for taking the time to answer my question and going out of your way to research...I will continue to use emu oil and a little bit of fish oil...I just hate that emu oil is slightly expensive...so if you know any seller that sells Emu oil cheap,please don't hesitate to tell me.Also,I believe ostrich oil is similar to emu oil?Or maybe it was another oil? Huh

i am trying out "blue emu" brand found it at walmart for 12 bucks. also has msm in it.

(17-08-2014, 10:21 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  That looks like good maca. Let me know if you feel or see a difference after a few weeks of using the blend. Is that package saying that 1tsp of the Powder is 5 grams of maca? That's 5,000 mg. Hmm..... Makes me think I'm not taking nearly enough. Yours and mine are both geletanized, I wonder why there's such a difference in the label's dosages. Mine says: petite/sensitive 500mg a day, male sexuality 3,000 mg a day, standard is 1,000 mg a day, etc. there's different doses for different things but none of them go up to 5,000mg.

I looked up several other brands of organic geletanized maca powder (links below) and they give around the same dose yours does. I think I'm about to email my brand and ask why the difference. I mean, capsules are just the powder in the capsule, right? I don't know. I'll tell you what they say.

This one is 4,100 mg (4.1g) per serving: http://www.znaturalfoods.com/Maca-Root-Powder-Organic-Gelatinized?cPath=17&PageSpeed=noscript

This one is 5,000 mg (5g) per serving: http://navitasnaturals.com/product/456/M...nized.html

This one is 12,600 mg (12.6g) per serving! And it's GELETANIZED!
http://www.themacateam.com/organic-gelat...MgodGnMAlQ

Wow 12600mg is quite a lot, isn't it? The brand I am using right now says 5000mg too as serving (1 tsp). I think when they sell capsules they state lower doses, but I don't know why, since capsules contain only the powder and eventually also fillers (depends on the brand).

I am definitely going to order the Maca powder from Terrasoul and will let you know if I notice a difference.

Thank you Smile Yes ma'am, adding GR back into my system tomm. I wanted to add one thing at a time back in instead of everything at once. But I will tell ya, that even though I was really inconsistent with the maca this first week after my break (I only took it 3 days in a row then skipped 3 days), I already felt an increase in libido and my boobs have REALLY been firing away. You know, those boob feelings... Hard to explain. Like little "Pshew! Pshew!" Firing things. Lol. And tingles. And feelings in my nipples. And all I was taking for those 3 days was the maca, I hadn't added in any of the other herbs yet & was slacking on the massage & pumping.

Good luck to you too! Keep me updated with you Smile

(17-08-2014, 10:27 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  But I will tell ya, that even though I was really inconsistent with the maca this first week after my break (I only took it 3 days in a row then skipped 3 days), I already felt an increase in libido and my boobs have REALLY been firing away.

Sounds amazing! Honestly I did not feel an increase in libido since I started maca, maybe just a slightly bit. I am looking forward to test the new brand, maybe the mixed maca (yellow, red, black) will make a difference. Wink

Well, I figured I'd update. Some guy rear ended me a couple of weeks ago & it took a couple of days for the neck pain to turn into back pain, which turned into pretty crazy back pain & it just kept spreading. I couldn't stand up straight, or pick up my son, it hurt to lay down, etc. I didnt feel sorry for myself or anything, stuff happens. BUT I was PISSED that I couldn't workout. Not even allowed to do air squats (no weights) since I couldn't do them without pain. Anyway, anti inflammatories, chiropractor, massage, those little shocker things on your back, hot baths, etc etc & I'm back too almost 100%, so the workouts kick back in on Sat. Thank god!!

Aaaaaaand since I was so pissed about not working out (since I knew I'd lose muscle & weight), I pretty much threw my hands up with NBE too. I was pretty pissed. So, basically I'm really mad at myself now because not only did I lose weight and butt, I've lost boob. And I can feel a BIG difference in the butt and boobs. Mad at myself, but nothing I can do except jump back on and get to kicking some a** in the gym and some NBE butt again. Needless to say, my month #2 pics will NOT be impressive.

Oh well, set backs happen. No need to be mad anymore, just gotta be super motivated to getting back into my routine. I'll update again with my current weight & measurements.

I'm Sorry to hear that! Sad I'm glad you're almost back to 100%! You're right,set backs happen and its good you have motivation to continue and to keep on truckin'. I can't wait to see your results for next month. Big Grin

(18-08-2014, 12:27 AM)peggy Wrote:  
(17-08-2014, 10:27 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  But I will tell ya, that even though I was really inconsistent with the maca this first week after my break (I only took it 3 days in a row then skipped 3 days), I already felt an increase in libido and my boobs have REALLY been firing away.

Sounds amazing! Honestly I did not feel an increase in libido since I started maca, maybe just a slightly bit. I am looking forward to test the new brand, maybe the mixed maca (yellow, red, black) will make a difference. Wink

Peggy, I just changed my maca. The new brand is Gaia Herbs gelatinized maca powder. The suggested dose is the same as yours, 5 grams a day (5,000 mg). I'm starting low and building up to that dose over about a week and a half. Are you still increasing the dose weekly? How's that going? My trainer actually said to not do it that gradually because you're allowing your body time to adjust to it and it might not have the same effects. He said gradually increase after a break, but jump right in after that. Or at least bump the weekly increases enough to where it would make a difference. I don't know, I'm just repeating what he said. Lol

What's crazy is waxing moon had AH-MAZING results with maca because she read the dosage label wrong and instead of taking 1-2 TEASPOONS a day, she was taking 1-2 tablespoons. She said after a month, she had a DONK. Lol. And the results were still there after not taking maca anymore. She didn't seem too happy with the results (her husband loved it though), but she already had a booty to begin with. I DONT! Lol. So, it's making me think...

Not that I'd take THAT much, but hell, I might try more than the suggested dose Wink

Since I have been taking maca extract and its been wonderful to me(giving me 1 inch on my thighs and butt)I think Im either going to stick with the maca extract or try waxingmoon's program?(if we can call it that)

So I've been back on maca for about 2 weeks and haven't seen the butt growth I saw last time. I've come to the conclusion that it's because I've stopped all other herbs. I'm currently only taking maca & progesterone cream along with consuming surplus calories & weight training. But man oh man, am I feeling some boob activity!!

I really think my fast growth last time was because I was taking phytoestrogens & consuming fish oil along with maca & that is what boosted my results. (I was taking fenugreek (along with blessed thistle), as well as putting ground flax in my smoothies and rubbing flaxseed oil on my butt.

The ladies over at black hair media rave about the results they get when they combine maca with aguaje, which is a strong phytoestrogen, but it's stronger than I'd like to take. So, I'll be adding ground flax back into my program & rubbing flaxseed oil on my butt. I'd rather not smell like maple syrup & that's what fenugreek does. So if flaxseed is enough, I'll stick with that. If not, I'll add fenugreek oil & apply it topically, hoping that I won't smell like Ihop that way. Lol. We'll see.

THREE WEEK UPDATE:

Super excited and motivated after seeing results again so quickly. I guess I jumped the gun in my last post. So for the last 3 weeks I've only been taking Maca and progesterone cream and today will start adding in the other things again. I am also weight training and trying to gain weight, which is VERY hard for me. I've been slacking and only massaging my breasts maybe once a day and only pumping a few times every few days. I need to step that up!! BIG time! But, I'm SO excited about this progress in just 3 weeks! And I'm very anal about measuring the exact same way and at the same time of day BEFORE weight training or eating or pumping.

❤️October 16:
Weight: 102
Bust- 31"
Waist- 26"
Hips- 32"
Butt- 32 and 3/4"
Thighs unflexed- 18"
Calves unflexed- 12 and 1/4"

❤️November 8, 2014 (3 week update):
Weight: 106.5 (gained 4.5 lbs)
Bust- 31 and 3/4" (Gained 3/4")
Waist- 26" (same)
Hips- 32 and 3/4" (Gained 3/4")
Butt- 33 and 1/4" (Gained 1/2")
Thighs unflexed- 18 and 3/4" (Gained 3/4")
Calves unflexed- 12 and 1/2" (Gained 1/4")

Yay! Very excited. Just have to stick with it- consistency is KEY! None of these gains are fat, although I'd love to gain some fat along with the muscle. Man, that's not easy though. I gain weight in my belly LONG before anywhere else, so if I take in too much, I get a little pot belly on my skinny body and that's not sexy. Lol

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon