Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Any quick ways to gain weight??

(11-11-2014, 10:20 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Ill send you links. Yeah, when I was at the vitamin store asking about weight gainer, they told me to take 1/2 the dose in the morning and 1/2 the dose at night to break it up. I'll have to look up your weight gainer, now I'm interested. Lol
I can forward you the email the maufacturers sent me when i queried their source. It tastes really good too. Very easy to drink.

(11-11-2014, 10:20 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Ill send you links. Yeah, when I was at the vitamin store asking about weight gainer, they told me to take 1/2 the dose in the morning and 1/2 the dose at night to break it up. I'll have to look up your weight gainer, now I'm interested. Lol

BUGGER IT! Ive just ordered some more!
Its won an award 5 years running for best weight gain product

(11-11-2014, 10:31 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(11-11-2014, 10:24 PM)pom19 Wrote:  The best probiitics is Greek yogurt. I make a drink out of it by adding some spearmint and little sea salt plus water and stir them. They are so yummy too. They really take care of digestive system. Also was recommended by a doctor-MD that I personally knew. <3 POM

Thanks pom. Is it true "honest to goodness" greek yoghurt or would the supermarket dairy based sweetened ones also do? Adding sea salt is a new one but i heard it stimulates your body or provides it what it needs for making digestive enzymes i think it was.. ive been adding a few grains to my water when i remember
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes, sea salt-very little, adds the necessary enzymes for digestion. The yogurt has to be PLAIN-no sugar. The Doctor that I referred to was my late uncle-my Dad's brother. He was also an associate professor at a well established Medical School. He would not have a meal without Greek yogurt. He did not add anything to it, only plain yogurt. Sometimes I have the plain yogurt too, but I like to add some mint and little sea salt to it too. I do it mainly for taste, which is so yummy. POM

(11-11-2014, 10:42 PM)pom19 Wrote:  
(11-11-2014, 10:31 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(11-11-2014, 10:24 PM)pom19 Wrote:  The best probiitics is Greek yogurt. I make a drink out of it by adding some spearmint and little sea salt plus water and stir them. They are so yummy too. They really take care of digestive system. Also was recommended by a doctor-MD that I personally knew. <3 POM

Thanks pom. Is it true "honest to goodness" greek yoghurt or would the supermarket dairy based sweetened ones also do? Adding sea salt is a new one but i heard it stimulates your body or provides it what it needs for making digestive enzymes i think it was.. ive been adding a few grains to my water when i remember
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes, sea salt-very little, adds the necessary enzymes for digestion. The yogurt has to be PLAIN-no sugar. The Doctor that I referred to was my late uncle-my Dad's brother. He was also an associate professor at a well established Medical School. He would not have a meal without Greek yogurt. He did not add anything to it, only plain yogurt. Sometimes I have the plain yogurt too, but I like to add some mint and little sea salt to it too. I do it mainly for taste, which is so yummy. POM

Ok thanks Pom. Thats very interesting. Il stop by the supermarket and see if they have a sugar free version then. Id much rather do this than pop more digestive aids pre meals. Theres a water/salt cure book i have at home claiming salt and water can cure degenerative disease too. Not that ive read it but it piqued my interest.

I wish everyone knew about the benefits of Yogurt. It literally has living organisms that are so friendly to our inner guts and they go to work inside us while we are awake or asleep to keep us healthy. Make sure it is plain Yogurt-no additive, specially no sugar. Actually any sugar than the ones from fresh fruit or little natural ones like honey and pure cane sugar is very bad for guts-real BAD. POM

Yogurt is great, especially if you get the right yogart like you said. Make sure the label states that it contains live and active cultures. There is also Soy Yogurt for those that are lactose intolerant that offer the same calories, protein & probiotics as many other yogurts. Don't neglect other fermented foods though, like sauerkraut, pickles, kefir, fermented soy products, etc.

Probiotic supplements are also great and many have thousands to millions of more strains of bacteria than yogurt. However, some probiotics (in any form) may do more harm than good if you have certain issues. Some strains of probiotics may not be right for you when others are if you have irritable bowel syndrome or other digestive issues. With some people, probiotics make the person bloated and gassy, and with other people, it relieves them from being bloated and gassy. It's a crazy mixed up world. Lol. But a lot of websites say that if you're farting enough, you have a happy gut. Lol Smile

"Side effects: Probiotics are considered safe overall for healthy people; short-term side effects may include mild gas and bloating. But keep in mind that if they do have physiological effects, these may not always be good effects. Some may, at least in theory, overstimulate the immune system or adversely affect metabolic pathways such as carbohydrate metabolism. If you are immune-compromised, have certain bowel problems or are seriously ill in other ways, avoid probiotics unless your doctor has okayed their use. Probiotics should be used cautiously by pregnant women, infants and young children and never given to premature infants."
http://www.berkeleywellness.com/suppleme...s-and-cons

http://www.everydayhealth.com/digestive-...ogurt.aspx

(11-11-2014, 10:36 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

BUGGER IT! Ive just ordered some more!
Its won an award 5 years running for best weight gain product

I just saw this. Now look at you, getting me all excited. Haha! Can't wait to check this out

(12-11-2014, 01:11 AM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Yogurt is great, especially if you get the right yogart like you said. Make sure the label states that it contains live and active cultures. There is also Soy Yogurt for those that are lactose intolerant that offer the same calories, protein & probiotics as many other yogurts. Don't neglect other fermented foods though, like sauerkraut, pickles, kefir, fermented soy products, etc.

Probiotic supplements are also great and many have thousands to millions of more strains of bacteria than yogurt. However, some probiotics (in any form) may do more harm than good if you have certain issues. Some strains of probiotics may not be right for you when others are if you have irritable bowel syndrome or other digestive issues. With some people, probiotics make the person bloated and gassy, and with other people, it relieves them from being bloated and gassy. It's a crazy mixed up world. Lol. But a lot of websites say that if you're farting enough, you have a happy gut. Lol Smile

"Side effects: Probiotics are considered safe overall for healthy people; short-term side effects may include mild gas and bloating. But keep in mind that if they do have physiological effects, these may not always be good effects. Some may, at least in theory, overstimulate the immune system or adversely affect metabolic pathways such as carbohydrate metabolism. If you are immune-compromised, have certain bowel problems or are seriously ill in other ways, avoid probiotics unless your doctor has okayed their use. Probiotics should be used cautiously by pregnant women, infants and young children and never given to premature infants."
http://www.berkeleywellness.com/suppleme...s-and-cons

http://www.everydayhealth.com/digestive-...ogurt.aspx

Bloody hell charlie i wonder if i am on the wrong probiotics for my condition and thats whats CAUSING my bloating digestive issues!!! Crap i better look in2 that. Or go off them for a few days and see how i go. Maybe stick to the pure greek youghurt in the interim! Problem being i dont know what digestive problem i have as all my bloods have been normal..

Ella, try to consume extra virgin olive oil plus a TBS of pure apple cider vinegar daily. They really will cleanse your inside. Make sure you'll eat them daily. POM

(12-11-2014, 01:59 AM)pom19 Wrote:  Ella, try to consume extra virgin olive oil plus a TBS of pure apple cider vinegar daily. They really will cleanse your inside. Make sure you'll eat them daily. POM

Thanks pom. I want to address gallbladder cleansing but in a subtle way. I will try this Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon