Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Any quick ways to gain weight??

Sad 

After a bout of illness for a few weeks and not eating sadly I have lost about 2.5kgs which on my frame is ALOT :'(

I have protein powder but don't really understand how much I am allowed to take so can anyone shed some light on what foods/powders I could take to try and quickly gain this weight back?

It would pay to note Im trying to go vegetarian raw if at all possible with the exception of some free range meat. But cutting out gluten wheat and the likes so I fear I have my work cut out for me..

Thanks in advance Smile

You can eat 'natural' peanut butter. Juices will help you from losing weight. Fruits like oranges and bananas also help. Small amounts of protein powder in lots of water could also be used to slow down weight loss, but foods are better. A good thing to do, would be to learn how to cook favorite but simple dishes. Strength training is what tells your body to gain weight and be hungrier.

(20-07-2014, 07:30 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  You can eat 'natural' peanut butter. Juices will help you from losing weight. Fruits like oranges and bananas also help. Small amounts of protein powder in lots of water could also be used to slow down weight loss, but foods are better. A good thing to do, would be to learn how to cook favorite but simple dishes. Strength training is what tells your body to gain weight and be hungrier.

Thanks lovely.
I would love to eat peanut butter but got scared off after hearing about mycotoxins in peanuts that cause cancer! I know I know, get off the internet and stop reading into things lol

But can protein powder help you gain?

I have to avoid acid forming foods so citrus is out Sad
Can you suggest any other foods I can eat? I don't have a lot a strength at the moment so strength training is out although I am trying to be more active..

yw. I didn't know that. There are other types of nut butters, but those are expensive. Is organic better? natural is good, because it doesn't have hydrogenated oils in it. Vtiamins help prevent tissue loss. Protein powders can help with weight gain, big time, but too much is hard on the body. That's why it needs to be taken with a lot more water. Fruits help. What do you like to eat? Eggs are good... Pizza has a lot of easy calories. Any thing you enjoy eating will help you gain. So eat what you like, and don't go hungry, if you have to grab a snack, drink juice. or eat fruits. Too much soda probably will cause weight loss.

Also, not gaining strength can stimulate you to lose weight, since you won't be hungry to maintain non-fat tissue.

(20-07-2014, 07:47 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  I didn't know that. There are other types of nut butters, but those are expensive. Is organic better? natural is good, because it doesn't have hydrogenated oils in it. Vtiamins help prevent tissue loss. Protein powders can help with weight gain, big time, but too much is hard on the body. That's why it needs to be taken with a lot more water. Fruits help. What do you like to eat? Eggs are good... Pizza has a lot of easy calories. Any thing you enjoy eating will help you gain. So eat what you like, and don't go hungry, if you have to grab a snack, drink juice. or eat fruits. Too much soda probably will cause weight loss.

Also, not gaining strength can stimulate you to lose weight, since you won't be hungry to maintain non-fat tissue.

Thanks lovely. Yes I had a feeling too much protein powder might be bad so il stick to the one serving per day.

Ok you are right, Il just try and eat more of what I like and can eat right now. Its not the pig out diet I am used to but that wasn't healthy the way I was eating. Eggs, yes Il increase those. I eat mostly organic when at all possible. Il look more into the mycotoxins as nuts are healthy for you, here you go http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18286410

I don't think il ever eat peanuts again now Dodgy

I would recommend avocados, nuts (not peanuts), bananas, dates, coconut flesh (and or milk), beans, rice etc. Definitely healthy foods and not chocolate, pizza or chips. Wink
Btw. citrus fruits are sour but have an alkalizing effect on the body! And I agree to start exercising. I have gained three pounds since I workout more.

Avocado mushed up in greek yogurt with banana and honey is the beeeeeeest

(20-07-2014, 01:06 PM)peggy Wrote:  I would recommend avocados, nuts (not peanuts), bananas, dates, coconut flesh (and or milk), beans, rice etc. Definitely healthy foods and not chocolate, pizza or chips. Wink
Btw. citrus fruits are sour but have an alkalizing effect on the body! And I agree to start exercising. I have gained three pounds since I workout more.
Thanks Peggy. Love avocado. Will brown rice work too?

(20-07-2014, 05:36 PM)isobasic Wrote:  Avocado mushed up in greek yogurt with banana and honey is the beeeeeeest

I have both, that sounds great, thanks Wizzy

(20-07-2014, 07:29 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(20-07-2014, 01:06 PM)peggy Wrote:  I would recommend avocados, nuts (not peanuts), bananas, dates, coconut flesh (and or milk), beans, rice etc. Definitely healthy foods and not chocolate, pizza or chips. Wink
Thanks Peggy. Love avocado. Will brown rice work too?

Sure, of course.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon