Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Any quick ways to gain weight??

(11-11-2014, 08:40 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  You don't need an expensive smoothie maker. You can just use a blender. If you want. I use a magic bullet because that's all I have right now and it works fine. I'm sure there's better blenders that'll really purée everything though.

Its likely i have a digestive order at the mo yeh so where as i used to be able to knock back coffee, wine and dairy like there was no tomorrow i cant anymore Sad
Im taking digestive enzymes and diff probiitics. Id like to keep taking whey if i can get my hands on a good dairy digestive enzyme. Il feel better when i weigh more i know that for sure.
Thats good re the smoothie maker. Id ideally like to get my hands on a nutribullet!

(11-11-2014, 08:18 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  He actually didn't mention it and I didn't think to ask because at that time I didn't realize how important protein was for gaining weight and also for gaining muscle. But I've asked my trainer and did lots of searching on the body builder website and other health sites. It's based off of your weight. I don't know how much you weigh, but if you're about my weight, start off with around 60 grams of protein a day then each week bump it up. That'll be easier on your tummy than just jumping right into 90 grams a day. But you don't need that much unless your weight training. Without weight training, it's going to be harder for you to gain weight & gain weight in the right places instead of just your tummy.

By the way, protein makes you gassy & it makes the gas just downright smell like roadkill that was set on fire then got a dirty diaper & Indian food dumped on it. Lol. It's not the kind of gas that causes pain or anything, it just makes you toot a lot. Just make sure to drink a lot of water to help that.

Also, Gas X isn't what you want. All that does is combine all the little gas bubbles into larger gas bubbles to make the gas go away quicker, but it doesn't prevent gas. The only thing that prevents gas is actually Beano, so just drop it in some water in the morning or before you eat.

Once your body gets used to the extra protein, the gas will calm down. In the beginning, it's no fun for ANYONE, so grab some Beano. Haha

Roadkill lol love it.
we dont have beano here but il see if i can source overseas, i used to eat sooo much esp dairy, roast tatoes you name it! I think my metabolism is super fast cause ive always been a beanstalk for all i eat. I dont/cant weight train but i walk and cycle and do the odd yoga poses to keep toned. I am constantly up and down cause my active little (messy toad) darling daughter and lazy ass husband! Lol

I am also trying to gain weight. The point with me is that i cant hold it, even though i eat very regular. Every 3 or 4 hours.I will share you some of my info which i got togheter on my journey.
Proteins are like ''building blocks'' when you take a shake you first need to eat carbohydrates. Afterwards you take the protein otherwise it will be burned/used as fuel. Your body cant spare protein so when it is to much your system trows it out. Your body also can't process a lot at one time..So about 30 gram whey powder I use full milk or milk with some cream per 3 hours is enough and always afterwards carbohydrates.
But I read you cant use milk, but if you can use some and you really really want to gain even though it is bad for you.. use cream, I gained a lot from it which i lost I only hold it when i keep continuing using it and that is bad for you so i quit using cream. . Oh and i read somewhere up here about citrus and acid causing food, citrus does not cause acid it is actually very basal. I had heartburn too and eat a lot of citrus also because it contains vit c which helps to form collagen and help with food processing stuff.

Lol. I'm right there with you....pretty much. I also have a tiny tornado, but no husband, which I guess is pretty equivalent to a lazy husband. Except you get to clean up after two people. Lucky girl! Lol.

If you're not going to weight train, you don't need as much protein as I'm taking. I'd stick with maybe 60-70 grams a day and see how that works for you. Gaining weight without weight training will take longer, so only expect to gain maybe .5 pound a week on average. If you gain much more than that without weight training, you'll start getting a belly. Plus without weight training, most if not all, your gains will be fat. You can always train a little at home. Like throw some books in a backpack and do squats & lunges with it on. Grab some resistance bands and/or some rubber dumbells and do many other excersizes at home. Anything to tear the muscles. Tear + repair (rest day), tear + repair is the key. If that might be something you want to do, let me know and I can give you links to some excersizes to do at home

(11-11-2014, 10:06 PM)Charlie_girl Wrote:  Lol. I'm right there with you....pretty much. I also have a tiny tornado, but no husband, which I guess is pretty equivalent to a lazy husband. Except you get to clean up after two people. Lucky girl! Lol.

If you're not going to weight train, you don't need as much protein as I'm taking. I'd stick with maybe 60-70 grams a day and see how that works for you. Gaining weight without weight training will take longer, so only expect to gain maybe .5 pound a week on average. If you gain much more than that without weight training, you'll start getting a belly. Plus without weight training, most if not all, your gains will be fat. You can always train a little at home. Like throw some books in a backpack and do squats & lunges with it on. Grab some resistance bands and/or some rubber dumbells and do many other excersizes at home. Anything to tear the muscles. Tear + repair (rest day), tear + repair is the key. If that might be something you want to do, let me know and I can give you links to some excersizes to do at home

Thats all good il grab your links off you, still got my email ? Il prob have yours still in my hotmail.
il set up my fitness pal calorie thing tonight and see how i go. That weight gain whey powder in the other link has 1600 calories per serve-seems excessive right but i swear after 2-3 days on the stuff i weighed more. They emailed me assuring me tgeur whey is from pasture fed, bse, no growth hormones etc etc so thats good! As long as they are being honest..

(11-11-2014, 10:01 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  I am also trying to gain weight. The point with me is that i cant hold it, even though i eat very regular. Every 3 or 4 hours.I will share you some of my info which i got togheter on my journey.
Proteins are like ''building blocks'' when you take a shake you first need to eat carbohydrates. Afterwards you take the protein otherwise it will be burned/used as fuel. Your body cant spare protein so when it is to much your system trows it out. Your body also can't process a lot at one time..So about 30 gram whey powder I use full milk or milk with some cream per 3 hours is enough and always afterwards carbohydrates.
But I read you cant use milk, but if you can use some and you really really want to gain even though it is bad for you.. use cream, I gained a lot from it which i lost I only hold it when i keep continuing using it and that is bad for you so i quit using cream. . Oh and i read somewhere up here about citrus and acid causing food, citrus does not cause acid it is actually very basal. I had heartburn too and eat a lot of citrus also because it contains vit c which helps to form collagen and help with food processing stuff.

Thanks for the advice hannah. How did/do you treat your reflux?

^^ I agree with the amount of protein at once. Your body can't use more than 40 grams at once, or its wasted. So only eat 30-40 grams at one time and no more often than about 2-3 hours apart.

Ill send you links. Yeah, when I was at the vitamin store asking about weight gainer, they told me to take 1/2 the dose in the morning and 1/2 the dose at night to break it up. I'll have to look up your weight gainer, now I'm interested. Lol

The best probiitics is Greek yogurt. I make a drink out of it by adding some spearmint and little sea salt plus water and stir them. They are so yummy too. They really take care of digestive system. Also was recommended by a doctor-MD that I personally knew. <3 POM

(11-11-2014, 10:24 PM)pom19 Wrote:  The best probiitics is Greek yogurt. I make a drink out of it by adding some spearmint and little sea salt plus water and stir them. They are so yummy too. They really take care of digestive system. Also was recommended by a doctor-MD that I personally knew. <3 POM

Thanks pom. Is it true "honest to goodness" greek yoghurt or would the supermarket dairy based sweetened ones also do? Adding sea salt is a new one but i heard it stimulates your body or provides it what it needs for making digestive enzymes i think it was.. ive been adding a few grains to my water when i remember

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon