Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-What foods promote NBE?

Mmmmm! What a delicious pantry and garden you have planned, Stevenator! I had to look up muscudines and service berries, as I am always interested in little bits of information like that. They are beautiful and I could almost taste them. I am a little green, pun intended, with envy just at this moment! I do a little bit of urban foraging. I discovered some chokecherries and plums and many kinds of apples and cherries in my mid-western town. And people were just letting them fall and rot. I put some of them to good use, of course! Now, here is a warning to not read on if you are squemish! Warning! Nature can seem icky...
I got to picking berries with a friend of mine, in her yard. We did this several times and we made preserves with several kinds of fruit. It's good fun. Well, we gobbled up almost as many berries, straight off the shrubs, as we saved to make preserves. Once, just as I was tossing another berry down the gullet, I squeezed it, and in that millisecond my eye spied a... WHAT!!?!! I tried to ignore it and chew, but my mouth spat it back up and demanded a very close examination of the once destined-for-my-belly black currant. To my absolute !!!HorroR!!!, I discovered that my once tempting berry was being occupied by a living, wriggling creature!!! I felt more than remorse! More than chagrin! I tried to encourage myself that it was just a little protein. My friend even more nonchalantly waved it off and continued the little game of gather and gobble, but I was shaken! It was not the first time that nature has rewarded me bonus nutrition; I had previously stopped munching on my parents' neighbor's wasted sweet cherry bush for the same reason. Aghast! I really do appreciate the cycles of Nature! The Creator/Source/Whatsoever of all this wonder is a genious! But, sometimes, Sad.... Nonetheless, Thank you, so very much, Mother Nature/Gaia/Mother Azna for the delicious and nutritious bounty! TongueSmile

Although I've never had serviceberries, they're supposed to be delicious & being that my wife is a "birder", the song birds are supposed to love them. I'm planting the persimmons for the deer, too. The way I see it, if we get to enjoy & share the bounty with the wildlife, then we both win.

As far as muscadines go, that's more of a family history thing, but muscadines are delicious. I'm going to plant enough to eat, to make a large batch of jelly, and reap at least 10 gallons of wine. That's the goal. "One Day", I'll be growing enough foods to last through the winter. The whole "get back to nature thing", and stop buying foods that can be grown on site. My tomatoes this year are amazing & delicious. We roast & freeze enough for recipes to last as long as they will.

I've only been here one year, and it's a slow process. From buying a very large rainwater collection tank & irrigation hoses, to building my own compost bin, it's going to take some time. But to me, those are important & money saving equations. Watering is very time consuming & soil amendments are downright expensive.

I'm still going to stick with PM, but I just can't bring myself to swallow handfulls & handfulls of pills several times a day. I just can't do it. As I sit here & drink my green & spearmint tea with lemon, I'd rather change the diet to healthy NBE foods.

They say this is a "personal journey", and I'm trying to tailor my plan for me. I'm sure I'll tweak it along the way, though, but for now this works for me. I say this as the incredible research that Lotus & Abi have shared is amazing, and it's in no way shape or form as to diminish their contributions. I do salivate at the meal plan Lotus outlined earlier in this thread.

:-)

(09-03-2014, 07:02 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
What foods promote NBE?

The following is only a partial list, with help I'm sure we can grow the list. Leafy greens and veggies (what kinds? And belong to what group?) so any ideas there would be helpful too. Thanks for any help!

Foods that have or help increase estrogen

Apples
Cherries
Plums
Beets
Peppers
Cucumbers
Barley
Rice
Wheat
Sunflower seeds-High in protein which increases breast volume
Flax seeds
Parsley- stimulates the production of estrogen/regulates hormonal disorders
Clover
Chicken
Strawberries
Raspberries
Prunes
Pineapple
Watermelon
Peaches
Garlic
Onions
Winter squash
Green beans
Tomatoes
Papaya (green unripe, cook before consumption)
Potatoes
Pumpkin
Milk
Seafood-Sockeye Salmon, mussels
Yogurt
Licorice
Fenugreek
Fennel
Alfalfa sprouts-Phytoestrogen, promotes breast health
Kidney beans
Lima beans
Red beans
Asparagus
Lettuce
Red cabbage
Eggs
Protein shakes
Corn
Blueberries
Ginger
Prawns
Olives
Turmeric
Figs
Buckwheat

Foods that minimize testosterone

Garlic
Chicken
Fenugreek
Saw palmetto
Chick peas
Cherries
Black eyed peas
Fennel seeds
Whole grains

Foods that block DHT

Wheat germ
Sesame oil
Canola oil
Peanuts
Almonds
Macadamia nuts
Soy
Beta Sitosterol
Saw Palmetto
Spearmint
Pumpkin Seeds

oh my god this is amaizing... I was searching information of this sort. Thank you for the post

(12-03-2014, 06:48 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  
(12-03-2014, 08:23 AM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  Ladies,

It's what foods promote NBE, not specific to one action over the over. Meaning if I had a egg white omelet, (it would fall under dairy eggs as estrogenic).,

For lunch we find something off the list here that minimize testosterone
Chicken
Fenugreek
Saw palmetto
Chick peas
Cherries

Black eyed peas
Fennel seeds
Whole grains

And for dinner we choose something that has items that block dht. It's all about balance, we want to grow a list that has all the bases covered. I'd like to see something strong for a protein dish to cover HGH, a ribeye steaks perhaps. Also it's the good HDL vs LDL, and finding the right balance.

Food can be the ally, or the enemy, this thread is to make it our friend, or at least user freindly,

Remember it's what foods promotes NBE (all of NBE ) T, E , P, HGH

I set up the thread not to go out and cause cancer, come on! 30yr veteran chef/executive/proprietor I think I know alittle bit about it.

That's awesome that you're a chef! I know that's not what you meant, but I know plenty of people will read this thread and for those who are not educated enough (yet) I just want to make sure they know that a diet rich in estrogen (on top of herbs) is not necessarily the answer!

I was one of those who foolishly thought estrogen=breast growth. This was many years ago but I paid the price and STILL didn't have any permanent growth! I had a huge hair fallout and have two estrogen spots on my face now permanently! We all must find out what our body needs FIRST before diving into an internal regime.

Jennifer, I'm new and a little confused. Could you tell me than WHAT it is you SHOUDN'T do? What estrogenic herbs did you use that caused your hair fall out? I'm a little scared now. :-)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon