Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Effectiveness of BO

(12-10-2013, 12:04 AM)HopefulD/DDs Wrote:  Here's a pic . Not quite sure what size or if they are under developed? I will post another pic later because at times when my breasts get hot or when I shower they seems to swell and get a lot puffier but they never stay that way Sad . Thoughts anyone?

Wow !! What beauties . Congrats Smile ( I am jealous )

I have been taking bo for maybe five months now is it time for a break? Or when would be a good time? J am going on vacation for a week so I figured that would be the perfect oppertunity or is it pointless?

Sorry to be yet another biological male crashing your thread, but I thought I should chime in and let you know I also think your breasts look fine, not that my opinion matters.

As for whether or not BO can work for you, you keep mentioning body temp. L-Tyrosine might help, along with kelp, since they "support" thyroid function, but if your thyroid isn't doing its job, or your body is resistant to thyroid hormones, then all the supporting nutrients in the world won't be enough so perhaps you should have your thyroid checked out.

Unfortunately, as I'm learning firsthand, every doctor and nurse practitioner has a different idea of what is right. If TSH is greater than 2, something is wrong, though the reference range goes all the way to 5, and some practitioners will say everything is fine below 5. Free T3 and Free T4 are the values that matter, but most practitioners I've been to rely on total T3 and T4 which is inaccurate since it is the free stuff that is actually available to do the work. I've had my thyroid dosage micromanaged and jacked around now for 3 years. Because I insist on natural thyroid, my TSH can be almost immeasurable while I continue to have symptoms of hypothyroidism, and the docs freak out and cut my dosage, then my TSH climbs to 30 or more, and they increase the dosage. Bottom line is it is difficult to find a doctor or nurse practitioner who knows how to properly treat low thyroid.

I'm not sure what else might render BO ineffective other than sub-optimal thyroid function.

Btw, based on the photo that gives something of a side view, I could be wrong, but to me you appear to possibly still be at Tanner stage IV

(21-11-2013, 03:29 AM)HopefulD/DDs Wrote:  No I have not. I just turned 18 so from what I've heard I shouldn't take any herbs to mess with my hormones yet. Should I? How would it benefit me if I can't take any herbs to alter my hormone levels?

Get a panel done. YOU NEED ONE. Its time. Don't waste yours poking around, just get it done. You'll know what needs tweaking.

you should have grown a little more by the 4th month on it at the right dose based on your age.

Thyroid temps??? I am the one who wasn't supposed to grow on BO with mine and I was underweight, but guess what, I grew and quite well on BO but, I did my panel to ensure what I was doing worked.

Research more as well, you'll find your answer.

(25-12-2013, 05:59 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  Unfortunately, as I'm learning firsthand, every doctor and nurse practitioner has a different idea of what is right. If TSH is greater than 2, something is wrong, though the reference range goes all the way to 5, and some practitioners will say everything is fine below 5. Free T3 and Free T4 are the values that matter, but most practitioners I've been to rely on total T3 and T4 which is inaccurate since it is the free stuff that is actually available to do the work.

My TSH is 5.7, and the doctor still won't do shit, despite me complaining about obvious symptoms lol.....

I have considered getting a test done but I have a few concerns first if all even if I do find I am lacking in/producing too much of some hormone am I even old enough to take hormonal herbs? Also I would somehow need to take the test without my mom finding out. I know it's expensive but I would be fine paying for it if it will actually benefit me. Also when I did a few tests online nothing seemed off. But I wil look more into it where or what type of test did you take? If it actually can benefit me I want to order it right away

And thanks monikat I like the shape of my breasts I just want them bigger . As for my temps I am taking l tyrosine twice a day (idk if I even need it but I have two full bottles so might as well) and my temps are much better now . I am pretty sure I don't have any issues with my thyroid it could be hat maybe I am not taking a high enough dose or who knows why haha

Amped my dosage to 6 pills a day so ( each pill is 250 mg) also planning to add flaxseed or primrose oil, anyone know which would be better? My period started two days ago and I will take milk thistle while I am on it. I haven't been as good about massage but hopefully I will be better now that I am back home . Measured today at 34.5 but I am semi wondering if I just measure incorrectly. Really starting to consider just getting a hormone test done. I wil start researching ones I can order because I can't ask my doctor

(26-12-2013, 07:17 AM)HopefulD/DDs Wrote:  And thanks monikat I like the shape of my breasts I just want them bigger . As for my temps I am taking l tyrosine twice a day (idk if I even need it but I have two full bottles so might as well) and my temps are much better now . I am pretty sure I don't have any issues with my thyroid it could be hat maybe I am not taking a high enough dose or who knows why haha

I can't remember when in the 28-day cycle a woman is supposed to measure basal temp since it fluctuates throughout the cycle, but the recommendation I read in a book from the 30s was to measure temperature immediately upon awakening and without moving much, just enough to grab the thermometer from the nightstand. Place the thermometer in the armpit and wait 10 minutes. Body temp should be 97.8-98.2F. Below that indicates hypothyroidism. The book I mentioned is called Hypothyroidism by Broda O. Barnes.

(26-12-2013, 12:32 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(25-12-2013, 05:59 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  Unfortunately, as I'm learning firsthand, every doctor and nurse practitioner has a different idea of what is right. If TSH is greater than 2, something is wrong, though the reference range goes all the way to 5, and some practitioners will say everything is fine below 5. Free T3 and Free T4 are the values that matter, but most practitioners I've been to rely on total T3 and T4 which is inaccurate since it is the free stuff that is actually available to do the work.

My TSH is 5.7, and the doctor still won't do shit, despite me complaining about obvious symptoms lol.....

Sadly, I'm not surprised. I'm about to try a naturopath in hopes I can finally get somewhere in managing my various medical conditions. If I were you, I'd be changing doctors.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon