Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Tipps for thin upper lip?

Thanks for the link, Fizi_wizi! It is helpful to have a guide to avoid bruising and broken capillaries, as I had no guide when I started (and, therefore, had broken capillaries as a result). This link should be helpful for all Smile

(09-02-2013, 10:36 PM)timarie Wrote:  Let me know what you choose! Have fun with your Jolie Lip Plump! I really like it, and hope you will too!!! Let me know if you would like me to provide before and after photos for the Jolie Lips Lip Plumper and/or the lip plumping glosses.

thanks for your answer, it would be great if you would share your before and after photos!

I tried the shot glas method, it's really very easy to do too muchBig Grin

(10-02-2013, 11:27 PM)rateset Wrote:  thanks for your answer, it would be great if you would share your before and after photos!

I tried the shot glas method, it's really very easy to do too muchBig Grin

Sure, I will try to get around to posting them later this week, if I have the time Smile

About the shot glass method: it works, but as you saw in the link that Fizi_wizi posted, you need to be very careful with it. It will be good to hold you over until the Jolie Lips Lip Plumper arrives, as it is just as effective with plumping as the Jolie Lip Plumper, but I would not recommend using it regularly for a long period of time... simply because it DOES pull on the skin around the lips (while the Jolie Lip Plump does not), and therefore could very likely run the risk of stretching out the skin around your lips. I am glad that you bought the Jolie Lip Plumper... can't wait till you get it! Make sure to be careful with the Shot Glass Method in the meantime Smile

I did get my Jolie pump and it works better than expected, thanks a lot for your advice! very greatfull for that!

I think in my case both lips are beeing pulled, but especially in case of my upper lip it pulls only the middle part (lower lip too,but the area that is pulled is a bit larger), from that reasen the sides of the lip remain normal, they don't swell, simply because the hole is rather small. I think since my lower lip is more protruding it gets pulled a bit more so the sides that don't get swollen are smaller. (Hope you understand what I'm trying to explain)

How can I get also the sides pulled in, especially my upper lip, which is actually what I want to enlarge?

Hey, you're welcome! I am glad to have helped!

I know exactly what you are trying to explain! At first I thought it was absolutely crazy looking, but then I later found out that was because I was pumping too much. If you put it on a strong suction for just about 2 minutes, you can avoid getting the definite "line" created between the pumped part of the lip and the non-pumped part of the lip. But at this suction, I have also been able to get absolutely amazing volume, without getting the crazy, goofy bee-stung look (which I honestly could never go out of the house with!). You will find that by playing with it, through time, you will find what works best for you! I actually have come to LOVE how it just pulls at the middle... because 1) it creates a sensual pouty shape instead of just inflating all parts of the lip (as is what happens with the shot glass method), and I LOVE pouts! 2) you are guaranteed that if the pump is not pumping your entire lip, there is no way that it can possibly ever mess with the delicate skin around your lip (as--again--is what happens with the shot glass method). This is the main reason I decided to stop the shot glass method altogether when my Jolie Lip Plumper came in, mainly because I was constantly concerned about the fragile skin around my lip.

I will also add that you don't have to follow the directions that they give you as far as positioning goes. For example, I have my device positioned so that the dot is NOT on top; rather, it is underneath. You might find that this also works better for you, since our lips sound rather similar as far as proportion goes (my upper lip is pretty flat, but my bottom lip has all the fun!). It just seems to fit my mouth better that way, and I get better proportional suction. You also might find that it helps you to pucker your lips before starting the suction, to get more lip to the hole. This can help you to pump more surface area of your lip, with which you expressed concern. I also like to do shorter sessions (as I mentioned above) and just do it more often Wink I try to go for the soft, large, sultry lip look, and try to stay away from the inflated, bubble-lip look as best as I can!

Hope this helps you in some way...

thanks for your replay.
Still I didn't quite understand if you meant
-the stronger suction or
-keeping it for 2min
makes the whole lip plump. Normally I pumped and kept it for about 10-15sec, if the suction is too strong the lips turn purple. Do you think I should keep it under suction longer for like 2min? And you suggest rather strong than the weak suction?

Till now I didn't manage to pump the whole lip whatever I tried and I do get the bee-stung look, which I off course don't like, but it doesn't bother me that much, since it calmes down in few minutes and then it looks OK, except for the fact that the sides remain the same. I do like the pout look, I don't want the sides to be pumped as much as the mid part, but I don't like that they don't change at all, they don't swell at all and looking at the videos by youtube etc the sides swell as wellSad

Oh, wow! You only pump for 10-15 seconds and you get the bee-stung look? That probably has something to do with you just starting out. When your lips get more "used to" the suction, they will be less over-the-top sensitive. So for now, the best advice I can give you is to just play with it until you find what works best for you! I had to play with it for a while. How long have you had the Jolie Lip Plumper for now?

And yes, where I am right now with my Jolie Lip Plumper is that I hold it for about 2 minutes at a medium-strong (NOT the absolute strongest, but close to it) suction. That is what works for me. But that may now work for you right now, and that's ok! It's important to just know what works for YOU!

Now that you mention it, I do remember that for about maybe the first month, I too got the bee-stung look no matter what I did Tongue I really do think it is a matter of getting used to it. And yes, the bee-stung look I warmly welcomed also because it was an improvement to the shot glass! And please do keep in mind that the obvious difference between the center of your lips (which as being pumped) and the sides of your lips (which aren't) are more defined and obvious now while you are still getting used to the Plumper, just as the bee-stung look is unavoidable now as your lips are still not used to the pumping.

And I do not know how to explain it, but now that I am very comfortable with the Plumper and know what best works for me, there is a very natural slope from the corner of my lip to the center, so perhaps there is something that I am doing that is allowing the sides of my lips to be pulled a little, too. I don't know Tongue All I know is that you just need not be worried about something like that so soon! And is that youtube video of which you speak the one that is digitized and not even using real people? Haha, don't go off of that, for ANYTHING! Simply because they are not real people Wink

And you did get my note about puckering your lips before putting on the suction? Either way, if it works or if it doesn't for you, again I will say not to worry about getting perfect results just yet because that will come with time for two reasons: 1) your lip tissue needs to get used to it, and 2) YOU need to get used to it, familiar with it, and know the best ways to use it FOR YOURSELF since everyone is different. I gave you the tips of what I do to get my desired results, but that is after a couple months of using it already! So do not be discouraged, and just have fun!

Quick Edit: I forgot to add that I also do a quick pumping action with my lips up against the device before I let it hold suction. I think on the third squeeze is when I finally let it hold suction... never on the first squeeze. Play with that too and see what works best for you! Remember to keep an open mind when using this...

Yes I just started with the pumpBlush

Actually, it doesn't really sound good that lips get used to the suction and don't react that fast later. Does the swelling at least last longer? (when you have to pump more/longer to get results)

My lips aren't used to pumping, but I think it doesn't work now because my technics are not good, if I would do it the same way further on it would never pull the whole lip. The problem is I don't know what to try, I did try all your tipps, thanks a lot for your support.

The only thing that occurs to me and that I hope is the reason it doesn't work on the whole lip is that I need a stronger suction to pull it in more, but only for the upper lip, the other one is almost ok, maybe I'll post a picture in the next days, it really pulls only the half of the lip. At the moment I cannot use very strong suction since it makes my lips turn purple, so my hope is that soon I can increase suction and pull the lip more, but as I said actually I only need to pull the upper lip more.

thanks again for your advice and encouraging wordsShy

(24-02-2013, 10:15 PM)rateset Wrote:  Yes I just started with the pumpBlush

Actually, it doesn't really sound good that lips get used to the suction and don't react that fast later. Does the swelling at least last longer? (when you have to pump more/longer to get results)

My lips aren't used to pumping, but I think it doesn't work now because my technics are not good, if I would do it the same way further on it would never pull the whole lip. The problem is I don't know what to try, I did try all your tipps, thanks a lot for your support.

The only thing that occurs to me and that I hope is the reason it doesn't work on the whole lip is that I need a stronger suction to pull it in more, but only for the upper lip, the other one is almost ok, maybe I'll post a picture in the next days, it really pulls only the half of the lip. At the moment I cannot use very strong suction since it makes my lips turn purple, so my hope is that soon I can increase suction and pull the lip more, but as I said actually I only need to pull the upper lip more.

thanks again for your advice and encouraging wordsShy

...Purple lips? Oh dear. What you consider medium pumping must be what I consider strong pumping, then! My lips have never turned purple, and that sounds like you are definitely over-pumping Tongue No wonder you only need to pump for 10-15 seconds Rolleyes

And by "getting used to" suction, with any part of the body, means that it will become less aversive to it and less resistant. Just like with noogling, there is a period of time when you start out when you get broken capillaries repeatedly and don't get much swell (if any at all)... but later, after the tissue of the breast becomes "used to" the pumping, it begins to give in to the suction better, resulting in more swelling and less broken capillaries. Does this make sense? It is a GOOD thing. I would not trade in my results that I get now from the Jolie Lip Plumper for anything in the world... except maybe just longer lasting results. But, like the noogleberry, I expect that to gradually increase over time.

Here is the main thing I want you to keep in mind. With these kinds of things in life, never hold high expectations, and just HAVE FUN with it. Stressing about things like this, which should be fun, will only make your experience worse and result in poorer results. I have found that the more relaxed I was about something, the more effective it became. Think of it as a toy Smile not as a piece of scientific technology. Does that make sense?

Have fun with it! Let me know how you are doing with it a couple months down the road after you have played with it for a while and have gotten the hang of it and are comfortable with it. Right now, you are too green and it is too soon to get worried! Enjoy Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon