Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bumpy fingernails and yellow gunk under the tips

(06-01-2013, 06:09 AM)jiberish Wrote:  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/...s/2008.htm

this could be it.

Now that I look at them, some do have flattened nails.

Try some iron then!

Iron supplements are cheap! Just run up to your local druggist/chemist and buy some!

It's also VERY hard to reach iron toxicity... so there's really no harm in giving iron a try.

Good work gang! I agree with Abi do the simplest thing. Jojoba oil is the best oil to use to moisturise the nail bed as it penetrates without lying on top. It's a strong carrier oil for that reason so adding a drop of tea tree might not hurt as that is antiseptic and if there are any nasties lurking will zap them. Jojoba is the oil of choice for remedying ridged nails which are caused by over use of solvents including water.

Might just wait until I do my next swanson order. Supps are grossly over priced in Australia.

I second the Tea Tree Oil! any oil will work to moisturize, but Tea Tree is the best for killing infections! That's why I use that on my face after I clear some clogged pores!

Also, do you eat a lot of citrus-y fruits? If you do, you need to pay special attention to washing your hands and rinsing out your nails very thoroughly afterwards. I know lemon and orange juice not being properly cleaned out underneath the nail can cause inflammation and infection.

You're not alone. This is happening to me too.

My nails are breaking Constantly, and they have a lot of "White-ish dots" on them, with some Yellow thing under them that I clean alot also.

Help anybody?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon