Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wild Yam

where to buy the actual wild yam? (not capsules or powder)
December 25 2006 at 5:23 AM aquariusd0ll (Login aquariusd0ll)
Any one seen a wild yam section in any supermarkets? or which kind of supermarkets would you think they would carry it? (Chinese, mexican supermarket, etc) thanks

diana
(Login Diana1978)
hi!
December 25 2006, 7:35 PM

i would think it might be better to try in a mexican-type store, only because it is called mexican wild yam. the yams in the regular supermarket are actually sweet potatoes even though it might even say yam on the packaging. double check the ingredient label. good luck!

princessglitter
(Login princessglitter)
Re: where to buy the actual wild yam? (not capsules or powder)
December 25 2006, 7:50 PM

You can go to a chinese medical hall and ask for 'huai shan'. They come in dries slices and are powdery looking.

Tiger Lily
(Login tiger.lily)
Re: where to buy the actual wild yam? (not capsules or powder)
December 27 2006, 12:38 PM

Yes huai shan is common food in China cuisine.

Help me !!!
June 7 2006 at 6:01 PM Pansyclub (Login pansyclub)
Hi, everybody, I'm new in this forum, hope I can get some info here...

I already bought tons of sp, fg, rc, fg extract, fennel extract and wild yam extract acording to lucille... But now I am not so sure about it anymore... some people say if I have B cup I don't even need sp?? and wild yam gives you breast cancer???

What should I do? Have I wasted my money on sp and wild yam extract??

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Help me !!!
June 7 2006, 6:14 PM

Wild Yam has long been regarded in folk medicine as having anti-cancer properties, but there was never any real proof of that. However, recent studies have shown wild yam to have anti-cancer activity in animals, so maybe the traditional idea about wild yam helping to fight cancer was right all along.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
Information on WILD YAM
June 7 2006, 6:22 PM

I've just added this to the 'information on herbs' page: "Today wild yam is the most widely used herbal tonic for women's health and is renowned as a treatment of premenstrual syndrome and menopausal symptoms. Modern herbalists value it highly as a treatment for bilious colic and it is also widely used for treating rheumatism, arthritis, dysmenorrhea, diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis, gall bladder complaints, and muscle cramps, and is also regarded as a liver tonic, a digestive aid, a visceral relaxant."

Vicky A
(no login)
Wild Yam
June 7 2006, 7:03 PM

If you want further information on Wild Yam, go here:

http://www.natural-woman.com/yaminfoservice.htm

This is a pretty comprehensive look at the information available on Wild Yam. Check it out.

Alison
(Login Alison.)
Info on WILD YAM
June 7 2006, 8:25 PM

The link provided by Vicky A is a very good one, because that page in turn contains other links to newspaper articles, so it's a really good source for info on Wild Yam (and shows just how popular it is).

Anonymous
(no login)
June 7 2006, 8:31 PM

shes asking about sp, not wild yam

Vicky A
(Login VickyA)
Wild Yam
June 8 2006, 8:09 AM

Wild yam has been suggested for use as a cancer treatment based on tradition and on scientific theory because it is known to be a free radical scavenger and to have antioxidant activity. However, the use of Wild Yam as a treatment for cancer has not been formally studied in humans and therefore there is currently no scientific evidence about its effectiveness.

Pansyclub
(Login pansyclub)
June 8 2006, 1:13 PM

thanx girls for all the info. I'm glad that wild yam is safe!

what about sp? do I need it at all?

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
Saw Palmetto
June 8 2006, 3:40 PM

Yes Wild Yam is certainly safe. But regarding Saw Palmetto, a lot of girls have grown well without it, like Eve, Amber, Cheryl, Mitharatowen. I have also grown myself without Saw Palmetto, so it can't be essential.

adding wild yam
February 16 2007 at 10:18 AM lil dunny (Login lil_dunny)
would it be generally more effective after day 12 of the cycle? does it make any sense to add it at ~ day 4?

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: adding wild yam
February 16 2007, 11:26 AM

Adding wild yam is always beneficial if not for NBE than for pms pain and cramping. It's a great woman's herb.

It is a natural anti-inflammatory,, meaning it stops inflammation(swelling) of overies and uterus greatly reducing cramping and pain due to periods.Alot of sucsessful NBE programs have used wild yam.

lil dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
Re: adding wild yam
February 16 2007, 5:20 PM

thank you for you answer. i would like to know more specifically whether it makes a difference when in my cycle i add the herb.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Sorry haven't much time but,,
February 16 2007, 5:33 PM

The only thing I really rember it doing is make flow abit thinner,, cause sometime herbs tend to thin all of our blood,, It may be abit lighter in colour and will certainly ease cramping and the bloat effect. Wild yam is always in NBE formulas is it is an important NBE herb. It will also help with breast stingers you get just before period comes. Hope this helps,, take care..

Wild Yam - Putting the yam in capsules?
November 28 2006 at 9:36 PM g (Login aquariusd0ll)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you just buy wild yams from the supermarket and crush them up and put them in capsules to save $$? Or is the dried herb that you buy in the store the "right" one you should take? Thanks

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS Re: Wild Yam - Putting the yam in capsules? November 28 2006, 10:30 PM

It depends on whether the yams you see in supermarkets are genuinely yams. It's often the case that supermarkets sell sweet potatoes but refer to them as yams, so you need to verify exactly what you're getting.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon