Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Corset Training Thread

thank u so much that's really encouraging
I've never thought that I can change my bones Rolleyes
plz help me to pick up a good brand

(28-07-2013, 12:25 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I'm presently taking a break myself until I get my fat burned off my midsection. Then I'll start waist training for reals.

I don't know how I missed this. Guess I have limited time to spend on this website anymore and I have been responding to other things to clear things up! But yeah, me too Abi!! I can't wait till I'm ready...!

(30-07-2013, 01:27 PM)BarelyB Wrote:  http://lucycorsetry.com/2012/01/07/corsets-and-bones/

Theres a little section there that explains what happens to your ribs :-)

An excellent video, and great to have access to such a knowledgeable source. Since you've posted this I've been watching all of her videos now. Thanks for this!!! I can't wait till I'm ready to start!

(30-07-2013, 01:27 PM)BarelyB Wrote:  Im sure to other people its obvious if i decide to wear a padded bra, they can guess all they want, what they think of me is none of my concern.

I understand your point, but my point is that one would prefer it to appear natural than to appear padded. That's all. I too am at the size where I have to wear a padded bra, but this is regretfully, as I would love to be big enough to go unpadded!

(30-07-2013, 01:27 PM)BarelyB Wrote:  If the corset isnt being seen though, neither will these 'bulges', and unless theyve misused thier corset im sure the bulges go away when the corset is off.

Not sure if everyone gets these bulges. I honestly didn't think many people did, just the extreme cases, but I see that you are saying that you do (?). Can't tell really. Anyway, when I made a comment of my opinion, I was referring to anyone who sported a bulge like Cathie's-- and YEAH that thing is large enough to be seen under clothing, no doubt! I just watched another video today where she is wearing clothing and that bulge is soooo prominent. Anything small enough to NOT be seen under clothing isn't really a "bulge" in my opinion, especially as the definition of "bulge" is "A rounded swelling or protuberance that distorts a flat surface to an unnatural or inconguous extent." See my point? People are getting too sensitive on this thread, thinking I'm talking about them when I'm most likely not. I doubt any of you fall into this category!

(30-07-2013, 01:27 PM)BarelyB Wrote:  Wierdly when i first started waist training i did have a tiny roll of fat both on top and the bottom, ive sinced gained a few pounds yet i dont have them anymore and i can do my corset up all the way much more comfortably. The only other thing ive done are stomach vacuum exercises and the 'swoop and scoop' method for wearing a bra :L lol I have no idea where the rolls of fat have gone!

Maybe your rolls of fat are gone because of, as you said...

(23-07-2013, 09:56 PM)BarelyB Wrote:  umm it is perminent, i didnt use my corset for over a month but kept the inch loss. And even now i only use it 4-8 hours a day 2-3 times a week. but ive still managed to comfortable lace down the full 4 inches. Also, perminent inch loss isnt that uncommon, as it can help control over eating so naturally you'd lose weight Smile my ribs havnt moved as far as im aware, my waist has gotton smaller, but yea i imagine that would take years to achieve.

Your permanent loss of your little rolls (which weren't even under the corset!) sound very likely to be caused INDIRECTLY from the corset, being directly caused from a decrease in caloric intake from the decreased appetite and eating protocol (eating 5-6 small meals a day) that comes with wearing a corset (if you followed this, which I hope you are!). I do think this is a nice phenomenon of wearing a corset, but it should be noted that better eating habits are the DIRECT cause of the permanent loss. When people in the above posts were writing that permanent loss will take a very long time to achieve, they were not just talking about bones (as you clearly made it known that you already know), but they were also talking about the displacement of fat and organs (the molding of the bones and displacement of fat and organs being caused DIRECTLY by corseting). This takes a long time to get permanent results this way also. The only permanent results seen in such a short time would be from a change in eating habits caused by wearing the corset. A notably fantastic side effect of wearing a corset, though! I want to wear a corset eventually to focus on molding my ribs, as the displacement of fat personally makes me uncomfortable from what I have read about it. My eating habits are already suited for corseting, so that shouldn't change too much for me in that way. But congratulations on losing your fat rolls!! That's awesome!

(01-08-2013, 02:54 AM)sara_aaa19 Wrote:  plz help me to pick up a good brand

There is plenty of information throughout this thread on great places from which to purchase your corset. Good luck!

(27-07-2013, 10:22 PM)mochaccino Wrote:  I'm starting again today! Big Grin I'll report back when my corset is finally broken in, or sooner, depending on what happens. I lost ten pounds recently, so my waist is already 1.5" smaller than when I first tried to waist train. BTW,the 10 lb weight loss had nothing to do with the corset, if you're wondering. I wasn't even wearing it at the time. Wish me luck!

Congrats on the weight loss, Mocha! And glad to see you've started up again! Good luck Wink

So i didnt realise as i hadnt measured in a month. but my waist is actually 24" and my underbust is just under 27 inches! thats 2 inches off my waist and just over an inch off my underbust! :-) You are right though Timarie (i think it was you) i only ever measure a few days after the corsets been off. But my loss is mostly because ive cut down on junk food, my diet isnt any healthier in what it contains but im eating less more often and drinking more water and less fizzy drinks (if you ever drink a can of coca cola with a fully laced corset on its easy to see why you have to cut down :-0 )

If it's any help I've worked with corsets in movies and theatre.

What I've found is that some women take to corsets very easily, often to their complete surprise. Once they start they want to get another inch off the waist.

Other women try to refuse, and then say they can't breathe, can't move, can't poop, can't move etc and accuse me of trying to kill them.

What I find interesting is that for years and years women HAD to wear corsets - it was not only beauty, but also morality and posture.

Betty

(18-08-2013, 12:59 PM)BettyCF Wrote:  If it's any help I've worked with corsets in movies and theatre.

What I've found is that some women take to corsets very easily, often to their complete surprise. Once they start they want to get another inch off the waist.

Other women try to refuse, and then say they can't breathe, can't move, can't poop, can't move etc and accuse me of trying to kill them.

What I find interesting is that for years and years women HAD to wear corsets - it was not only beauty, but also morality and posture.

Betty

I'm between the two, really. I can recognize the slight discomforts it does give me for what they are, but I'm not trying to put off poor habits onto the corset either. Part of the corset for me is to help train out those poor habits.

I can take it or leave it though. It's not something all that important to me either way.

Thanks for adding your experience though!

I find when people find out that I occasionally wear corsets I usually get the reactions of the latter group, but asking me how I manage to do any of those things!

Really, it's not hard. You just gotta teach yourself to breath just a little differently, move your hips more and your waist and mid-torso less, and as for going to the restroom... it's just a matter of simply going to the restroom! Nothing really changes for that at all! Back when corsets were REQUIRED women sat all the time! Even more often than we do now I'd wager!

Of course, I also get people asking me why I'd want to wear one anyways. I'm already skinny enough they say!

Well, I had planned on giving up the corset and just building my ab muscles, but the past few weeks have been killing my back. I don't just want a corset at this point, I NEED one in order to be able to work more than 20 hours a week. :/ I've been in a lot of pain and it makes me mad that I never bought a new corset before. I thought my back was ok since I've been working my midsection more. Guess not.

Still looking for a short corset so that it doesn't dig into my high hip bones. I actually still have scars on my hips, unfortunately. Since 20" corsets are so hard to find, I may have to just settle for 22", which, if I'm not trying to waist train seriously, I guess is ok.

How's everyone else doing with everything?

20"! I wish..... my favorite one one is a 26" under bust.... made in Germany.. the other two are from the local exotic lingerie store..... one under bust one over.... was wearing my corset 20 hours a day... 6 days a week for almost a years and it really was changing my body shape..... but home remodeling and work interfered too much so for the last year I gave it up.... tried it on last week and it felt so good that I'm thinking of starting to wear it 24/7..... except for when I play hockey.... really enjoy the tightness..... except when I unexpectedly swell up during the day.... if I'm not in a good place to loosen it talk about some pain.......

(25-09-2013, 08:01 PM)Doll Wrote:  Well, I had planned on giving up the corset and just building my ab muscles, but the past few weeks have been killing my back. I don't just want a corset at this point, I NEED one in order to be able to work more than 20 hours a week. :/ I've been in a lot of pain and it makes me mad that I never bought a new corset before. I thought my back was ok since I've been working my midsection more. Guess not.

Still looking for a short corset so that it doesn't dig into my high hip bones. I actually still have scars on my hips, unfortunately. Since 20" corsets are so hard to find, I may have to just settle for 22", which, if I'm not trying to waist train seriously, I guess is ok.

How's everyone else doing with everything?

Hey Doll-- Glad to see you're back!

I just wanted to add something here.

If you want to build your ab muscles and you have a bad/weak back, that is unfortunately one of the WORST things you can do for your back. NOT because you removed the corset which functions as a brace and possibly even a crutch in some situations, but because the abdominals are opposing muscles to the back. If you strengthen one set of muscles, the opposing set of muscles will be weaker as they are no longer in balance. Basically, what was already a bad back in your case was made worse by having strong abdominals. If you want to workout your ab muscles, you might want to consider doing some exercises for your back as well. Obviously, you do not have to focus on building the back muscles. Strengthening is all that is necessary in your case.

I hope you will be able to bring your back pain to an end soon!!!

hi doll
I was thinking to start corseting
why you had planned to give up?
didn't u get any results?Sad

^ A lot of things made me stop. The corset I bought was cheap and defective (I still have scars on my hips from where one of the bones kept digging into me), the shape made it hard to wear while working, my health hasn't been doing all that well, plus I decided I no longer wanted to feminize.

I got great results (stopping was actually very painful as my ribs shifted back into their natural scoliosis shape), but for some reason I never lost my appetite; if anything, I got even hungrier! I think in the end that helped me though as it helped me feed my growing booty while keeping my stomach nice and tight. Smile

(01-10-2013, 10:50 PM)timarie Wrote:  Hey Doll-- Glad to see you're back!

I just wanted to add something here.

If you want to build your ab muscles and you have a bad/weak back, that is unfortunately one of the WORST things you can do for your back. NOT because you removed the corset which functions as a brace and possibly even a crutch in some situations, but because the abdominals are opposing muscles to the back. If you strengthen one set of muscles, the opposing set of muscles will be weaker as they are no longer in balance. Basically, what was already a bad back in your case was made worse by having strong abdominals. If you want to workout your ab muscles, you might want to consider doing some exercises for your back as well. Obviously, you do not have to focus on building the back muscles. Strengthening is all that is necessary in your case.

I hope you will be able to bring your back pain to an end soon!!!

Thanks for your concern, but I definitely work my back every time I work my abs. Smile My ab workouts at the gym actually work my back muscles almost as much as they work the abdominals, and I do seperate back workouts as well that specifically target the back. Because of that, my back has kept the curvy back shape that my corset gave me originally; I no longer hunch over. I've just found that corsetting and building muscle together help the best at keeping my pain to a minimum.

Well, I just bought a 20" corset, waiting for it to come in the mail! Originally $108, got it for $37 including shipping at corset-story.com! They just so happened to have one left, and in ky size, too, so I bought it without hesitation! I forget the types of corset shapes, but this is one of the ones that hugs in at the waist and flares out at the hips. Hopefully that means I won't have to worry about it digging into my hips like the old one. I'll of course update when I get it in case anyone else wants to buy one from them. Fingers crossed this one doesn't break inthe first 3 weeks like my ebay one! Still not sure if I should try to train my ribs, we'll see how wearable it is first.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon