Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Going to start an herbal regiment...but I have a question

(12-09-2012, 02:03 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Yeah, like NotSoBusty said, nothing in this journey is set in stone or anything. We all find what works for us and it's usually not very transferable.

I'm essentially starting my program all at once as well, but I've experimented with most of it in the past, so I already have a good idea of things to look out for. My program is also very synergistic in it's design and implementation... I've chosen things to balance everything when taken together. My plan's goals are to limit testosterone severely, while simultaneously raising progesterone and estrogen, keeping them in balance with each other.

The main reason to start them one by one is as Coco said, to know where the adverse reactions came from. You don't have to do that. If you have any adverse reactions, and you started all at once, you'll have to quit all at once though... then do the slow introduction to figure out which herb or what combination of herbs caused the reaction.

Sometimes herbs will interact with each other in unusual ways that don't usually occur for most people, if it's a combination that caused the reaction, you can only pinpoint it if it was between the first and second herb you introduce...

This stuff is actually really really complex and even if you do introduce them one at a time you can't know for sure where any adverse reactions come from. Not really. Introducing them one at a time improves your predictiveness on what it MIGHT be, but you'd still have to wait for them to wash out and check your hypothesis.

I see...so starting them all one by one is essentially just more for the person to find out which herbs they have what reactions to just in case there are adverse effects.

Thanks for the info!

(12-09-2012, 02:38 AM)kiwi34 Wrote:  I see...so starting them all one by one is essentially just more for the person to find out which herbs they have what reactions to just in case there are adverse effects.
Exactly! Big Grin I'm a bit wordier than I need to be... I know...

(12-09-2012, 02:38 AM)kiwi34 Wrote:  Thanks for the info!
Any time! Big Grin

I don't really have quite the amount of first hand experience as some of the girls on these forums (and guys...) but I've done insane amounts of research that most people simply don't have the patience to do prior to starting... Honestly, if you're a studious sort and love just looking up information, you don't even really have to do all that much experimenting. My plan is already getting me results faster than I originally hoped for, and I just worked real hard to figure out my starting point and where I wanna be on my hormones and diet to grow and reshape my body, and researched the right kinds of supplementation to interact together in such a way as to produce that result in combination with a massive dietary overhaul to make sure I was getting all the right nutrition with a minimum of calories... Yes, it really is as much research as it sounds like. Tongue

What I was kind of impatient about was suppressing my testosterone... I was producing absolutely retarded amounts of that nasty hormone. Unfortunately, I was born with a minor genetic abnormality, which caused a massive physical deformity and horrid hormonal imbalance.

( I'm transsexual... in other words. Blush Yes, this is really the way I look at it. I'm not a guy wanting to be a girl, there was a time that I DID think that way, which caused me all kinds of problems with my self-image and self-worth. I'm a girl with a minor genetic abnormality causing serious birth defects. These are presently mostly correctable. I'll never be a mother, at least, not with present science, but then, there's a good number of women without my particular background with this same problem. I can learn to handle that. I'm going to be facing ostracization and persecution for much of my life... I've already been living with that... )

Anyway... sorry about that MASSSIVE tangent, butttt.... the whole point is that I really love sharing the fruits of my research. Both the direct fruits for those it may apply to, as in the stuff I wanted to find out for my needs, and the indirect fruits, being stuff I puzzled out that doesn't directly benefit me, but may benefit others. I love finding information and then sharing it. I just love finding information. And I just love to share. Making the combination of the two even more awesome for me!

(13-09-2012, 01:24 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I don't really have quite the amount of first hand experience as some of the girls on these forums (and guys...) but I've done insane amounts of research that most people simply don't have the patience to do prior to starting... Honestly, if you're a studious sort and love just looking up information, you don't even really have to do all that much experimenting. My plan is already getting me results faster than I originally hoped for, and I just worked real hard to figure out my starting point and where I wanna be on my hormones and diet to grow and reshape my body, and researched the right kinds of supplementation to interact together in such a way as to produce that result in combination with a massive dietary overhaul to make sure I was getting all the right nutrition with a minimum of calories... Yes, it really is as much research as it sounds like. Tongue

What I was kind of impatient about was suppressing my testosterone... I was producing absolutely retarded amounts of that nasty hormone. Unfortunately, I was born with a minor genetic abnormality, which caused a massive physical deformity and horrid hormonal imbalance.

( I'm transsexual... in other words. Blush Yes, this is really the way I look at it. I'm not a guy wanting to be a girl, there was a time that I DID think that way, which caused me all kinds of problems with my self-image and self-worth. I'm a girl with a minor genetic abnormality causing serious birth defects. These are presently mostly correctable. I'll never be a mother, at least, not with present science, but then, there's a good number of women without my particular background with this same problem. I can learn to handle that. I'm going to be facing ostracization and persecution for much of my life... I've already been living with that... )

Anyway... sorry about that MASSSIVE tangent, butttt.... the whole point is that I really love sharing the fruits of my research. Both the direct fruits for those it may apply to, as in the stuff I wanted to find out for my needs, and the indirect fruits, being stuff I puzzled out that doesn't directly benefit me, but may benefit others. I love finding information and then sharing it. I just love finding information. And I just love to share. Making the combination of the two even more awesome for me!

AbiDrew, you are so funny and sweet! lol. i loved reading all of that massive tangent. I will be perfectly honest with you...I love to research, but I am so busy with school and work right now that I don't have the time to dedicate what is necessary to this journey...so I just went through most of the successful stories on here and tried to come up with a plan similar to those.

I have no had any kind of hormonal testing done, so whether this regimen will actually work for me or not, I do not know but I am hoping that I will get lucky. Realistically I should wait until next summer to start because that's when my schedule will free up a bit, but I didn't want to wait that long because I'm impatient and anxious Blush

Also, I am sorry to hear that you feel like you will be ostracized and prosecuted for many years to come! I am sure that will not be the case if you meet the right people, as there will always be someone out there who does not like us for who we are. You sound like a beautiful person, so you shouldn't let that kind of thing get to you!

Awww thanks! Blush

Well. Good luck to you with your plan! If it doesn't work for you, you can always try something else... And maybe next summer do the research to tailor a plan specific to you Tongue

As for me. Well. Sucks to be them. Anyone who wants to ostracize me because they can't get past my past just doesn't deserve my attention. I can ignore. That's how I've lived with it so far.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon