Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

timarie's waist-is-small-and-curves-are-kickin' program

(03-09-2013, 09:04 PM)sara_aaa19 Wrote:  hi timarie
your goal of posting photos is very obvious .. there is no reason for criticism
so skip all haters, we all your followers Wink .
I wonder why u don't massage your butt with flaxseed oil.. and also why u don't take maca?
by the way I've just started my routine .. wish me luck Blush

Hey Sara!

Thanks for your continued support Wink It's great to have understanding people on this forum, like yourself!

As for massaging my butt with any phyto-estrogenic topical, what's funny is that I honestly don't understand hormones very much (I am still a baby when it comes to all this NBE stuff!) and for the longest time did not realize that there were estrogen receptors all over the body. It is still, honestly, a weird concept for me to think that there are estrogen receptors in the butt Tongue I might get around to applying something like that topically one of these days to go the extra mile and add a little extra padding if I ever hit a plateau, but for now what I am doing is keeping me busy enough and giving me faster and greater results than any amount of estrogen can (plus, extra fat vs. extra muscle result in completely different kinds of butts)! So, someday Wink And if I ever get over the idea of getting that oil on my clothing...

As for maca, I took it a while ago, before I started my workout routine (because I did not want to workout at the time, haha). I took it for a few months, and it was pleasant to take, but I didn't notice any results. At least for me. Now it seems like maca is a mystery herb, and all that is really known about it is that it balances out the hormones. Perhaps, then, maca will be of great help to those with low testosterone, as it will boost their testosterone levels and allow them to grow muscles easier than before. But as for me, my testosterone is already pretty high, and maca did nothing (noticeable) for me.

Please make a personal program page so we can follow your program! Congrats on finally starting, and good luck!!!

(26-08-2013, 07:16 AM)timarie Wrote:  
(22-08-2013, 03:47 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I don't know, I never did any weight lifting, gym type stuff or took and supplements. I'd walk a lot, ride a bike a few miles nearly every day, swim a lot and play drums at a gig at about 1 to 5 or 6 times a month and at rehearsals about once or twice a week and my bod was pretty ripping, but normal, not grossly muscular looking. Sadly, in the past 15 years, I lost the "ability" to do all of those thins as often as I'd like (I don't have a bike anymore, I'm way too busy at home or at work to go for long walks or bike rides, the pool had to be filled in, the band broke up and then my singer died 3 years ago.) The past few weeks, I've been noticing how I seem to be getting weak just from even not playing drums very often anymore!! I GOTTA set up the stage set and play more often!! The V-Drums are great, but I just can't do with them what I'd do on my acoustic stage set. :-\

What can I say, resistance is resistance. It's just that massive weights lifted in weight lifting is MORE resistance, but what you used to do was still a form of resistance. Also, you may have a body type like mine (at least my upper body) that easily responds to any resistance, which is awesome! But, I guess I really don't know what you mean by "ripping, but normal" because honestly "ripping" is not normal at all! haha. And of course you were not grossly muscular looking. Even the women weight lifting in the gym cannot get that look unless they take steroids. I hope you are able to get back to some of your preferred activities!!
What I meant was that I was very strong, but not like one of those muscle heads with veins popping out and a set of six-packs. A friend of mine recently saw a video of one of our gigs from 20 years ago and she went nuts over how "pumped" my upper arms were!! In the meantime, the only semi-regular "weight lifting" I ever did back then was carrying my huge set around and playing drums about 8 hours hours a week...and the other stuff I mentioned.

(04-09-2013, 07:39 AM)timarie Wrote:  Hi Violetka! According to research, it IS possible to spot reduce. It is just important to know that, as with most tricky things, it will take quite some time of persistence.

Now depending on YOUR body type (bananas/rectangles, typically, and the lower abdomen for hourglass shapes, as this is where these shapes lose and gain weight FIRST), losing over-all body fat will work for you. But if you are a pear, for example, this will not work for you because, as you lose fat off your waist, you will also lose it mostly off your butt and legs, and this defeats the point of spot reduction, doesn't it? So, if you are a banana/rectangle or an hourglass, you can lose fat first off of your lower-abdomen or torso by decreasing your caloric intake and increasing your caloric output (this is optional), as well as eating 5-7 times a day in smaller portions. Try to cut out of your diet added sugars, refined grains, processed foods, saturated fats (there is an on-going debate about this one, though) and eat more fiber, unsaturated fats, protein, and whole grains. There is more that I wrote on targeting belly fat on the second post of this thread: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=15530&highlight=dips. and read about the stomach vacuum exercise on post #13, and 35-37 of this thread, and about spot fat reduction on post #38 (especially the link to the article I attached). The author of that article offers a simple-to-follow plan to spot reduce on the waist. I personally stick to all the diet tips mentioned above, and I take 2,000-3,000mg of CLA a day. I may do the spot reduction method sometime in the future, but for now I am going to start up an experimental waist-tucking (to bring the waist in more from the sides: aka the obliques) exercising routine, and you are more than welcome to try that along with me as well. I will be posting it soon!

I hope you find this helpful in some way!

Indeed. The ONLY optional nutrient is any carb other than fiber. YOU NEED some fat. YOU NEED lots of protein.

The problem with avoiding saturated fats is that it's often a very major fat in animal sources... And you need a small amount of animal fats. The GOOD omega 3's are only found in animal fat. ALA can be gotten from plant fat, but you only convert up to somewhere around 10% of that to EPA or DHA. And it's EPA and DHA that your body needs. So if your goal is to lose weight, you NEED animal fats. Otherwise you'll need to eat ridiculous amounts of plant fats to compensate for that horrible conversion rate.

But yes. You do want to avoid as much saturated fat as you can while still meeting your requirements for omega 6 and omega 3. Saturated fat serves no major purpose in our body besides a source of energy and raw materials to manufacture certain enzymes. If you get enough omega 3 and omega 6 from dietary sources you will get plenty of saturated.

Most of your fat intake should be omega 6 though, and those are found mainly in plants. So you should ALSO eat fatty plants...

Yes. Humans are OBLIGATE omnivores. Just like cats are obligate carnivores. Cats can't produce ANY of their required nutrients from lesser plant based sources, they have to eat already synthesized ones from another animal.

We were designed by nature to be omnivores. I know all the vegans are going to yell at me for that, but it's the reality. They aren't healthy being vegan. It's still their choice though...

Our bodies require a minimum of around 50 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat each day. Of that around a quarter of it needs to be animal source.

(01-09-2013, 11:25 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(01-09-2013, 08:19 PM)pom19 Wrote:  Wow, you look gorgeous. And nice bikini too. Don't worry about criticism, no matter what you do or say there will always be criticism.
LUV...

Yep! Agreed! She's a FANTASTIC example of what a pear can look like when kept healthy!

I can definitely see why she wants to get a bigger bust though... lol. She already looks gorgeous just the way she is, but I can TOTALLY understand too!
I wasn't criticising I said she looks fit more athletic than pear in my option a pear is a more drastically feminine shape but its probably how she exercises maybe just all the examples I see in real life pears have narrow but toned stomach then BIG juicy hips butt and thighs like the fruit very very sexy

(04-09-2013, 07:39 AM)timarie Wrote:  
(03-09-2013, 12:45 PM)viloletka Wrote:  Hi there, you have very interesting goals and a lot of knowledge. Do you know if it is possible to spot reduce on the waist? I would like to get rid of the fat around my waist mostly. Thanks.

Hi Violetka! According to research, it IS possible to spot reduce. It is just important to know that, as with most tricky things, it will take quite some time of persistence.

Now depending on YOUR body type (bananas/rectangles, typically, and the lower abdomen for hourglass shapes, as this is where these shapes lose and gain weight FIRST), losing over-all body fat will work for you. But if you are a pear, for example, this will not work for you because, as you lose fat off your waist, you will also lose it mostly off your butt and legs, and this defeats the point of spot reduction, doesn't it? So, if you are a banana/rectangle or an hourglass, you can lose fat first off of your lower-abdomen or torso by decreasing your caloric intake and increasing your caloric output (this is optional), as well as eating 5-7 times a day in smaller portions. Try to cut out of your diet added sugars, refined grains, processed foods, saturated fats (there is an on-going debate about this one, though) and eat more fiber, unsaturated fats, protein, and whole grains. There is more that I wrote on targeting belly fat on the second post of this thread: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=15530&highlight=dips. and read about the stomach vacuum exercise on post #13, and 35-37 of this thread, and about spot fat reduction on post #38 (especially the link to the article I attached). The author of that article offers a simple-to-follow plan to spot reduce on the waist. I personally stick to all the diet tips mentioned above, and I take 2,000-3,000mg of CLA a day. I may do the spot reduction method sometime in the future, but for now I am going to start up an experimental waist-tucking (to bring the waist in more from the sides: aka the obliques) exercising routine, and you are more than welcome to try that along with me as well. I will be posting it soon!

I hope you find this helpful in some way!
Hi Timarie, thank you very much! your post is extremely useful! I will try to follow, but need to read your program and understand it in detail --i would love to do the waist tucking. I am not sure about my body type. I am currently 5-6 kilograms above what is "ideal" for me. I have posted pictures of me in my topic(they are of me seminaked so do not want to post them in your topic since you might not consider them appropriate). No matter how thin I am I always have a relatively big butt and smaller breasts, however my waist is not well defined and I have big shoulders and rib cage. So bonewise I am an hourglass, fatwise a pearwith a thicker waist...i think.
Anyway I will start this waist tucking thing and the spot reducing thing next week when i am back from vacation. For now i just do a lot a lot of sport for toning and noogling 2 hrs a day. The CLA i started from today, since this is the easiest!

Best regards and many many thanks.

(01-09-2013, 08:19 PM)pom19 Wrote:  Wow, you look gorgeous. And nice bikini too. Don't worry about criticism, no matter what you do or say there will always be criticism.
LUV...

Yep! Agreed! She's a FANTASTIC example of what a pear can look like when kept healthy!

I can definitely see why she wants to get a bigger bust though... lol. She already looks gorgeous just the way she is, but I can TOTALLY understand too!
I wasn't criticising I said she looks more athletic than pear in my option a pear is a more drastically feminine shape but its probably how she exercises maybe just all the examples I see in real life pears have narrow but toned stomach then BAM juicy hips butt and thighs very very sexy

(04-09-2013, 08:39 PM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  
LUV...

I wasn't criticising I said she looks more athletic than pear in my option a pear is a more drastically feminine shape but its probably how she exercises maybe just all the examples I see in real life pears have narrow but toned stomach then BAM juicy hips butt and thighs very very sexy
Dear Bonita, when I mentioned to Timarie not to worry about criticism, I was not referring to you. She mentioned in post #83 that somebody rated her low, and I was referring to that. Blessings

(04-09-2013, 12:05 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  What I meant was that I was very strong, but not like one of those muscle heads with veins popping out and a set of six-packs. A friend of mine recently saw a video of one of our gigs from 20 years ago and she went nuts over how "pumped" my upper arms were!! In the meantime, the only semi-regular "weight lifting" I ever did back then was carrying my huge set around and playing drums about 8 hours hours a week...and the other stuff I mentioned.

Haha right! The steroid body builder ladies! Gotcha Wink It definitely takes a unique body type to get "cut" arms from exercises other than lifting weights. I imagine you probably had very little fat on your upper body as well from all those hobbies you had, which made your arms more defined. Love it. Good luck with getting back to doing what you love!!!

(04-09-2013, 12:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Indeed. The ONLY optional nutrient is any carb other than fiber. YOU NEED some fat. YOU NEED lots of protein.
[see post #93 for the full post]
Our bodies require a minimum of around 50 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat each day. Of that around a quarter of it needs to be animal source.

And there you have it, folks. True words of wisdom.

Thanks for adding that, Abi! That is EXACTLY to what I was referring when I said that it was still an on-going debate. And I couldn't have explained it any better. Thanks!!!

(04-09-2013, 08:06 PM)viloletka Wrote:  Hi Timarie, thank you very much! your post is extremely useful! I will try to follow, but need to read your program and understand it in detail --i would love to do the waist tucking. I am not sure about my body type. I am currently 5-6 kilograms above what is "ideal" for me. I have posted pictures of me in my topic(they are of me seminaked so do not want to post them in your topic since you might not consider them appropriate). No matter how thin I am I always have a relatively big butt and smaller breasts, however my waist is not well defined and I have big shoulders and rib cage. So bonewise I am an hourglass, fatwise a pearwith a thicker waist...i think.
Anyway I will start this waist tucking thing and the spot reducing thing next week when i am back from vacation. For now i just do a lot a lot of sport for toning and noogling 2 hrs a day. The CLA i started from today, since this is the easiest!

Girl, I went onto your program page (which is definitely an interesting/good read from what I saw when I skimmed through, btw--will have to read more later) expecting to see some girl with a big gut hanging out and I saw quite... the opposite! You are much too hard on yourself. You look great! But I can see what you're trying to lose, which really isn't all that much. Sometimes it is hard to tell body shapes from appearance, especially with weight fluctuations, but it appears to me that you might be an hourglass. I say this because, you seem to be carrying that hard-to-lose weight in your lower abdomen, you do have a cheeky backside, and you have a nice-sized (well, at least in MY opinion!) bust. Also, to further define you from a pear, your legs are pretty trim. For example, my legs are.... sloppy Tongue regardless of how "skinny" I may get! Plus, you took those photos from a downward angle, which helps to make your hips look smaller and your rib cage look bigger and your torso longer (which makes a waist look less-defined). So I took that into account and tried to imagine from another angle. Now, that is just based on what I SEE. You very well could be an hourglass, but it is too hard to tell from the photos alone. Your measurements also play a key role in determining your body shape. Typically if your waist is 10 inches (or more) smaller than your hip measurement (and yours is), that would make you a pear or hourglass (as opposed to an apple or a banana). You might find this site helpful: http://www.shopyourshape.com/body-shapes.html. Or not. It used to work for me and now it says I am not one of their 8 shapes. Huh Well it might work for you! I just looked at your body measurements posted on your thread and you have a 70% hip-to-waist ratio, which I am pretty sure is a HWR an hourglass or pear shape (any % smaller than 80%). Research shows that men from Indo-European cultures find your HWR most attractive (congrats!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist%E2%80%93hip_ratio. Just thought I'd add that Wink So yeah, based on all that I wrote above, I am leaning towards believing that you are an hourglass.

You sound like you've got a good plan mapped out. Do your toning with your sports, NB for your breasts, and CLA for fat blocking and keep all the diet tips in mind that Abi and I mentioned. Along with the spot reduction page you saw, PLEASE do consider the stomach vacuum. That is what I swear by for a flat stomach. Keep your eyes peeled for my waist routines which I will be posting sometime this week. Enjoy your vacation... I am on vacation this week, as well!

(08-09-2013, 10:38 PM)timarie Wrote:  
(04-09-2013, 12:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Indeed. The ONLY optional nutrient is any carb other than fiber. YOU NEED some fat. YOU NEED lots of protein.
[see post #93 for the full post]

And there you have it, folks. True words of wisdom.

Thanks for adding that, Abi! That is EXACTLY to what I was referring when I said that it was still an on-going debate. And I couldn't have explained it any better. Thanks!!!

Aww... thanks... I really should put that info in my own thread as well, considering.

(08-09-2013, 10:38 PM)timarie Wrote:  
(04-09-2013, 08:06 PM)viloletka Wrote:  Hi Timarie, thank you very much! your post is extremely useful! I will try to follow, but need to read your program and understand it in detail --i would love to do the waist tucking. I am not sure about my body type. I am currently 5-6 kilograms above what is "ideal" for me. I have posted pictures of me in my topic(they are of me seminaked so do not want to post them in your topic since you might not consider them appropriate). No matter how thin I am I always have a relatively big butt and smaller breasts, however my waist is not well defined and I have big shoulders and rib cage. So bonewise I am an hourglass, fatwise a pearwith a thicker waist...i think.

Girl, I went onto your program page (which is definitely an interesting/good read from what I saw when I skimmed through, btw--will have to read more later) expecting to see some girl with a big gut hanging out and I saw quite... the opposite! You are much too hard on yourself. You look great! But I can see what you're trying to lose, which really isn't all that much. Sometimes it is hard to tell body shapes from appearance, especially with weight fluctuations, but it appears to me that you might be an hourglass. I say this because, you seem to be carrying that hard-to-lose weight in your lower abdomen, you do have a cheeky backside, and you have a nice-sized (well, at least in MY opinion!) bust. Also, to further define you from a pear, your legs are pretty trim. For example, my legs are.... sloppy Tongue regardless of how "skinny" I may get! Plus, you took those photos from a downward angle, which helps to make your hips look smaller and your rib cage look bigger and your torso longer (which makes a waist look less-defined). So I took that into account and tried to imagine from another angle. Now, that is just based on what I SEE. You very well could be an hourglass, but it is too hard to tell from the photos alone. Your measurements also play a key role in determining your body shape. Typically if your waist is 10 inches (or more) smaller than your hip measurement (and yours is), that would make you a pear or hourglass (as opposed to an apple or a banana). You might find this site helpful: http://www.shopyourshape.com/body-shapes.html. Or not. It used to work for me and now it says I am not one of their 8 shapes. Huh Well it might work for you! I just looked at your body measurements posted on your thread and you have a 70% hip-to-waist ratio, which I am pretty sure is a HWR an hourglass or pear shape (any % smaller than 80%). Research shows that men from Indo-European cultures find your HWR most attractive (congrats!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist%E2%80%93hip_ratio. Just thought I'd add that Wink So yeah, based on all that I wrote above, I am leaning towards believing that you are an hourglass.

You sound like you've got a good plan mapped out. Do your toning with your sports, NB for your breasts, and CLA for fat blocking and keep all the diet tips in mind that Abi and I mentioned. Along with the spot reduction page you saw, PLEASE do consider the stomach vacuum. That is what I swear by for a flat stomach. Keep your eyes peeled for my waist routines which I will be posting sometime this week. Enjoy your vacation... I am on vacation this week, as well!

Yeah! She looks kinda like me but bigger everything. Like. Closer to my goals than I am! And I just tried that site you linked and it ALREADY puts me at an hourglass! She is SO hourglass!

BTW... I'd seen that site before and tried it before, earlier in my program, and back then it had called me a banana. LOL. And back then I was... I was an obese hourglass which made me look banana-ish.

(04-09-2013, 08:39 PM)BonitaDDs Wrote:  I wasn't criticising I said she looks more athletic than pear in my option a pear is a more drastically feminine shape but its probably how she exercises maybe just all the examples I see in real life pears have narrow but toned stomach then BAM juicy hips butt and thighs very very sexy

A couple things with this...
1) "more athletic than pear"-- I am actually technically both, so you're partially right. However, they do not oppose each other. You say "athletic" because you see my mesomorph body somotype, which is correct, and my body shape is a pear. I am a pear mesomorph. Jennifer Lopez is also an example of this blend of body type and body shape (my body shape and type is very comparable to hers). If you look at her photos in a bikini, her measurements from the front are not all that obvious either. They usually aren't. They're pretty subtle. Especially for those body shapes who are NOT the endomorph body type. Yet, despite the subtlety, I've never come across a person who would argue that J-Lo is NOT a pear! Your description of what YOU think is a pear is more specifically a pear endomorph. This is why you don't think I am a pear, because in your subculture/environment you are surrounded by (or are just more familiar with) pear endomorphs. It is interesting how our subcultures can have such a great affect on our perception of things. But, in the end, as interesting as your opinion is or why it is, it is not correct because you cannot compare pear endomorphs to pear mesomorphs, because the endomorph will always be the more exaggerated proportioned somotype (because of the extra fat that they easily posses) of whatever body shape you are talking about, be it apple, banana, pear, or hourglass. Take a look at these four body shapes lined up next to each other (see below). The differences are more subtle than you would agree with, I am sure, because they are not using endomorphs as examples. And to be fair, an athletic (mesomorph) rectangle or apple is more of the photos posted in post #61. I AM an "athletic" body type as you say (mesomorph) as those girls in the photo are, but as you can see my body SHAPE is very different from theirs, as I am a pear body shape. I hope that gives you a little better understanding. So, I appreciate you stating your opinion; however, a body shape is really less of an opinionated matter as it is based on numerical measurements and biological dispositions for fat placement. So, I AM a pear, actually a pretty exaggerated pear for my mesomorph body type, since all the calculators tell me I am actually not a shape Dodgy Mostly because of a 64% HWR ratio, I guess. I'm guessing you have this problem with the calculators, as well, since I know you have a very low HWR ratio, too. But yes, thank you for the great demonstration of how our subcultures will always affect our opinions and understanding of things. What is considered curvy to people in my subculture is probably skinny to those in yours, and what is considered curvy to those in your subculture would probably considered fat or slightly out of shape to those of mine. It just makes life more... interesting Smile I actually had a male bodybuilder friend of mine from Bulgaria tell me that my ass, hip, and thighs were actually TOO big for his liking (when looking at my photos from when my hip measurement was almost 41" back last winter. He thinks I am "perfect" now). Sexiness and beauty is most certainly, as you know, in the eye of the beholder... and of the subculture! So, I have no problem with you stating your opinion of me not looking "very very sexy" as that is your opinion, but my body shape is not a matter of opinion, and I am very very much a pear. Tongue

2) "it's probably how she exercises"--Also, about anything having to do with how I exercise: did you not read the captions to those photos? I hadn't exercised my lower body for almost three months and just started up again (literally, one lower body workout) with the last set of photos. They are my "before" and "just starting off" photos. Soooo what you are seeing is not a result of exercise, except for the possible slightest change to my upper body becoming more defined. I can post some photos from before I took my break, and then you can say "it's probably how she exercises" as those photos show me a year into working out. You can also see photos of this time period (where I had been working out for a year) on post #39. Attached in the next post are some photos taken during this time period
(sorry, these photos weren't taken for the purpose of progress monitoring as you can see, so they may not be ideal lighting, angle, or show as much as I would like).

If anyone wants to know, my exercises are for the purpose of weight GAIN, not LOSS. Weight lifting puts curves ON. If anyone wants to know about what is responsible for the little amount of fat I have on my body (although all the fat I have is mostly stored in my lower body), it is mostly DIET. I used to have a lot more fat on my lower body (as I responded to Bonita before), but then in 2009 I showed many symptoms of depression, not eating being one of them. My "before" pictures posted in post #38 are some photos of how I look when I don't eat. You can tell that I am just a skinny mesomorph, because I am still not as skinny as a VS model (which would be an ectomorph), and I was really eating very little at the time. So, I lost almost all of my fat and muscle, and back at the beginning of the year 2012, I started weight lifting and force feeding myself with protein. I did this because it is the healthier way to put weight on, as opposed to the only other alternative to weight gain (eating massive amounts of calories without weight lifting for fat gain). And so the photos you see posted on post #39, are a result of that. NOT the sets of recent photos posted in the past two months (the ones of me in bikinis). Those photos are a result of me losing some weight again because, even though I no longer show symptoms of depression, I have a very pathetic appetite and a high metabolism, and then to add to all that, my muscles atrophied (term meaning that they shrunk from lack of use because I went on a 3 month long break from weight lifting). Weight lifting is for those who want to put curves ON. DIET is what is responsible for whatever fat I do not have.

I hope that clears things up a bit for people, as for 1) my purpose of weight lifting and 2) what my "before" and "just starting off" photos represent. It seems as though some people still don't really understand.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon