Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Corset Training Thread

(19-01-2013, 05:44 AM)Doll Wrote:  UGH THIS IS SO EFFING CUTE I NEED ONE!!!

[Image: cd-779_.jpg]

http://www.corset-story.com/cd-779-black...skirt.html

If all dresses were actually corsets with matching skirts, I'd wear them all the time. I hardly ever wear my dresses because they're such a poor fit on my awkward body. =_= BUT THIS...THIS COULD CHANGE EVERYTHING.

OMG! That IS SO GORGEOUS!

One of these days I'll be rich enough to buy all the corsets of various styles that I want, haha! I want em all! Well. Quite a few!

Just wanting to say thanks, I know this is a little late Tongue I have been all over the map recently. I HATE my job and, as much as I want so badly to finally put the time into giving myself what I have always wanted all my life (meaning, these self-improvement hobbies), looking for another job and just DEALING with my current job is taking so much out of me it is making following my dream right now pretty difficult.

Ok off my soap box Tongue Thanks for the info about the length measurements. I have a long-ish torso, so I think I will give it a go. I have been talking to Romantasy about driving a routine/plan for me, so I that I will not be completely lost. I have a tendency to overdo things, so this is me being wise so as to not let myself hurt myself, which I will inevitably do if I don't have step-by-step guidance. Rolleyes

And thanks for the video, Misty. That makes me feel a HECK of a lot more confident about going into this (as lacing myself was my biggest concern, haha).

I think I will be buying two corsets from Corset-Story, both measuring 20" upon closing, one measuring 13" in length and one 10.5" in length (to wear depending on where and what I will be doing wearing it). I will be getting them as the ones with a 6-7" possible reduction. It is a bit confusing, though, because the Corset-Story lists the 20" corsets as being recommended for those with 24-25" waistlines (shouldn't it be 26-27"?). I am ignoring the recommended waist size, hoping that THAT is the mistake (and that the mistake is not the closing waist measurement of the corset). I emailed them; waiting to get a reply Dodgy

And Doll, I have been a little addicted with looking around at the fashion corsets.... and that dress you posted I saw and YES it is SO CUTE Smile Let us know when you get it! haha. and photos, of course Wink

Glad your first long-wear went so well, Abidrew!! That is so exciting!

Oh and a little clarification: Romantasy clarified that, where they are speaking of a long corset restricting the hind-quarters, they were talking about the REALLY long ones, I think they are called Edwardian Corsets. So, it makes sense now why they say that lol but it did bring to mind something that I would want to be mindful of, all the same...

Wowee I have wanted a corset just because I think they are sexy and I tend to slouch but this is very interesting!!

I don't know if I could do more than an inch or two, if even that though because I feel like trying to modify my body in so many ways is just going to make me unhappy with who I am and how I look, because I do love my body and would like to say I wouldn't change a thing .

But...... it is possible so I want to. Did any of you have such conflicting thoughts on body mods?

And how are the corsets for your posture and overall back health?

ps cute undies Doll Wink

Oh and one more question, do you think that if you were to gain weight while corset training, that the pressue on your abdomen would make your body store the fat in other areas? breasts, hips, thighs...

And which do you all prefer, the types that are just across your ribcage with your breasts exposed (so I guess during the day you would also need a bra) or the kinds that also cover/support your breasts?

Edit: I think I will need an underbust corset since soon I will be taking PM also. I can't believe how excited I am to get one!

http://lucycorsetry.com/2012/06/16/how-corsets-heal/

<3<3

(24-02-2013, 04:17 AM)Outofstyle Wrote:  I don't know if I could do more than an inch or two, if even that though because I feel like trying to modify my body in so many ways is just going to make me unhappy with who I am and how I look, because I do love my body and would like to say I wouldn't change a thing .

But...... it is possible so I want to. Did any of you have such conflicting thoughts on body mods?

And how are the corsets for your posture and overall back health?

ps cute undies Doll Wink

Thank you for sharing your input! You really got me thinking... and, honestly, I would say the opposite is true for me! I used to have conflicting feelings, back when I told myself that I should love my body just the way it was, without wanting a change. This was conflicting for two reasons: 1) I truly admired certain features on other bodies, in one way or another, despite the fact that I DO love my body, so I cannot deny that deep down I do desire change, and 2) my body always changes anyway, so what does it mean to "love my body just the way it is"? There is no definite size and shape to my body, completely... I am malleable! In my life, and as is also the case in the lives of many, my weight has fluctuated and so had my body shape by leaps and bounds. So, I actually found my feeling (of loving my body just the way it was) to be a state of mind that I can and will always have, but which is not defined by not changing. Change has nothing to do with not loving your body... but actually I have found that taking charge and taking control of the change which is actually TRULY loving your body, in action! As my signature states, I believe in investing in myself, in my body, because I love it... I do not see it as changing something that I hate. If I hated/disliked my body, I would sit on my bum all day, not do anything with it, and eat lots of potato chips and ice cream Tongue as I had done at one point in my insecure youth.

All that I have read about posture and back health is that corsets can help them! This can sometimes be recommended for those with back problems. The only thing I will add about this is that I have instructed that sleeping in a corset can be bad news for your back when you are starting out (if I remember correctly, within the first few months). Once your body is accustomed to corset training, then sleeping in a corset should no longer create a problem.

And to answer your other questions, I do not think that the body would deposit the fat elsewhere. I think the body will deposit the fat to the places into which the corset pushes the current fat of the belly. But I am no expert. Maybe someone else can better answer this question? And I am purchasing the under-bust corset style, simply because I only want to use these corsets for training and not for show, and getting an over-bust style complicates the sizing a bit more, which will make finding a corset to fit me more difficult. So, I just try to avoid any unnecessary complications! Tongue

Quote:Thank you for sharing your input! You really got me thinking... and, honestly, I would say the opposite is true for me! I used to have conflicting feelings, back when I told myself that I should love my body just the way it was, without wanting a change. This was conflicting for two reasons: 1) I truly admired certain features on other bodies, in one way or another, despite the fact that I DO love my body, so I cannot deny that deep down I do desire change, and 2) my body always changes anyway, so what does it mean to "love my body just the way it is"? There is no definite size and shape to my body, completely... I am malleable! In my life, and as is also the case in the lives of many, my weight has fluctuated and so had my body shape by leaps and bounds. So, I actually found my feeling (of loving my body just the way it was) to be a state of mind that I can and will always have, but which is not defined by not changing. Change has nothing to do with not loving your body... but actually I have found that taking charge and taking control of the change which is actually TRULY loving your body, in action! As my signature states, I believe in investing in myself, in my body, because I love it... I do not see it as changing something that I hate. If I hated/disliked my body, I would sit on my bum all day, not do anything with it, and eat lots of potato chips and ice cream as I had done at one point in my insecure youth.

All that I have read about posture and back health is that corsets can help them! This can sometimes be recommended for those with back problems. The only thing I will add about this is that I have instructed that sleeping in a corset can be bad news for your back when you are starting out (if I remember correctly, within the first few months). Once your body is accustomed to corset training, then sleeping in a corset should no longer create a problem.

And to answer your other questions, I do not think that the body would deposit the fat elsewhere. I think the body will deposit the fat to the places into which the corset pushes the current fat of the belly. But I am no expert. Maybe someone else can better answer this question? And I am purchasing the under-bust corset style, simply because I only want to use these corsets for training and not for show, and getting an over-bust style complicates the sizing a bit more, which will make finding a corset to fit me more difficult. So, I just try to avoid any unnecessary complications!

Oh timarie thank you so much for your response. I had to read it twice to soak up all of the wisdom you speak with. I am at a point in my life where I am still experiencing many realizations about myself and who I am, searching. Hearing your way of seeing it really cleared my mind of how I have been seeing myself for so long. I think I have a fear that the people in my life will see me change and judge me in some way. It feels so amazing to have identified this problem that has been causing me stress! Now to move beyond feeling this way and start living My life .

I came back to my post and edited it to say I planned on getting an underbust and then saw your comment and see you think it is best also Blush
I also think it is more ideal and even more sexy in my opinion, having an open chest just seems more exciting (;

I feel like I am leaving out information and should say that I do have moderate, maybe slightly beyond, anxiety...... I am very anxious, but also excited to see my body change. I am hoping to gain some weight when I start taking PM and balance out some other areas of my life when I am no longer feeling estrogen deficient.

(23-01-2013, 05:46 AM)timarie Wrote:  Just wanting to say thanks, I know this is a little late Tongue I have been all over the map recently. I HATE my job and, as much as I want so badly to finally put the time into giving myself what I have always wanted all my life (meaning, these self-improvement hobbies), looking for another job and just DEALING with my current job is taking so much out of me it is making following my dream right now pretty difficult.

Been here, done this. Ended up fired before finding a suitable replacement. I certainly hope things go better for you! Blush

(23-01-2013, 05:46 AM)timarie Wrote:  Ok off my soap box Tongue Thanks for the info about the length measurements. I have a long-ish torso, so I think I will give it a go. I have been talking to Romantasy about driving a routine/plan for me, so I that I will not be completely lost. I have a tendency to overdo things, so this is me being wise so as to not let myself hurt myself, which I will inevitably do if I don't have step-by-step guidance. Rolleyes

You are quite different from me in this, I'm all legs. What height I do have, anyways, and I'm really not tall at all at 5'4".

(23-01-2013, 05:46 AM)timarie Wrote:  And thanks for the video, Misty. That makes me feel a HECK of a lot more confident about going into this (as lacing myself was my biggest concern, haha).

Note that if you buy from the same place as Misty, that'll be fine, but if you buy from TT, you'll have to do it a little different. I can't really do the whole video thing, and the TT instructions are slightly confusing, but if anyone would like me to, I could try to clarify the TT instructions and amplify them with some wisdom of my own experience.

(23-01-2013, 05:46 AM)timarie Wrote:  I think I will be buying two corsets from Corset-Story, both measuring 20" upon closing, one measuring 13" in length and one 10.5" in length (to wear depending on where and what I will be doing wearing it). I will be getting them as the ones with a 6-7" possible reduction. It is a bit confusing, though, because the Corset-Story lists the 20" corsets as being recommended for those with 24-25" waistlines (shouldn't it be 26-27"?). I am ignoring the recommended waist size, hoping that THAT is the mistake (and that the mistake is not the closing waist measurement of the corset). I emailed them; waiting to get a reply Dodgy

The difference is that they make recommendations based upon a 4-5 inch reduction, which is considered a more "normal" and not as drastic a reduction. When we're pushing for 6-7", we're pretty much pushing for as tight as we can possibly go.

(23-01-2013, 05:46 AM)timarie Wrote:  Glad your first long-wear went so well, Abidrew!! That is so exciting!

Thank you! And yes! This is all VERY exciting! The other day at school, it was the end of the day, and I'd taken my smock off, and one of the other girls were like, "Dang Abi, that top really looks good on you, and your physique!" And I was all oh, thanks, and then was about to explain that while yes, my top that day was really nice and flattering to my overall look that day, the real deal was that I was tight-laced underneath... But we cosmetologists are all part squirrel, you know, and the opportunity passed. Oh well. Now I feel guilty that the other girls think I have such an hourglass shape when I actually don't yet!

(23-01-2013, 05:46 AM)timarie Wrote:  Oh and a little clarification: Romantasy clarified that, where they are speaking of a long corset restricting the hind-quarters, they were talking about the REALLY long ones, I think they are called Edwardian Corsets. So, it makes sense now why they say that lol but it did bring to mind something that I would want to be mindful of, all the same...

Ugh. DO NOT LONG-WEAR EDWARDIAN. EVER. Don't even think about it. Heck. Just don't even buy or wear one period unless you really need to for some kind of period costume, and then ONLY a couple hours tops at a time! Those beasts are HARMFUL!

Would something like this work or isit too cheaply made?
I have a 26in waist and im only 5 ft 2. Id ideally like a 24in waist. Im wondering if it would even work for me though..
http://www.corsets-uk.com/wt-003-black-b...otion.html

(24-02-2013, 06:24 PM)BarelyB Wrote:  Would something like this work or isit too cheaply made?
I have a 26in waist and im only 5 ft 2. Id ideally like a 24in waist. Im wondering if it would even work for me though..
http://www.corsets-uk.com/wt-003-black-b...otion.html

They're the same corsets as Doll tried and were so cheap they started falling apart right away. Just under another name. That seller sells under a variety of names mostly based on two things: locale, and what money-handling service they're using.

I wouldn't trust them.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon