Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Long time hops & FG user

(02-11-2011, 06:22 PM)Isabelle Wrote:  Hi Susan,

Things that affect progesterone are:
Vitamin E
Diosgenin (in fenugreek and wild yam)
Phyto-progestins: fennel, turmeric, yucca, thyme, oregano (pizza), red clover, licorice root, and more: I use Table 3 in this publication:
http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/estr...tml#table3

Hi, Isabelle. I want to supplement my PM program with a phyto-progestin. If I were to add turmeric powder, wild yam, or fenugreek etc., how much would I have to ingest daily for it to do anything?

Hi Stellapan,

For fenugreek, I'd say at least 2,000 mg dried, powdered seed. For WY probably more.

Fennel seed, as tea, works at 500 mg already. At 2,000 mg, I noticed progesterone dominance symptoms. Clear thinking, and an edgy, easily irritated feeling.

Turmeric is twice as strong, according to the table, but it is in table 2 too: it binds to estrogen receptors too, and will add to the effects of PM.

You could try nutmeg instead, or oregano, which is again twice as strong, and a lot friendlier in taste. I have both here, but I must say I've never had the courage to make tea from a few 100 mg of either to try it out.

They say Nostradamus got high on nutmeg to write his prophecies. Now for that, he really must have taken a lot. I asked a friend how he did it. She said he sniffed it Dodgy

Thanks, Isabelle! I think I'll give fennel seeds, nutmeg, or oregano a try. Though, I don't know how I'd know how much oregano or nutmeg to take. I need to read more about them all. Nostradamus seems a little sketchy to me.

Sketchy is the word, yes. Although I did try the vent holes of my vegetable steamer when I had broccoli with nutmeg in it. Didn't do anything.

Clear thinking is a progesterone symptom. Maybe he wasn't high at all, but instead knew very well what he was doing. I never tried progestins for work or so, but I wouldn't be surprised if they help. Damiana used to be quite popular 100 years ago, but it was sold as a tincture in 16 % alcohol, so most women only noticed the increased sex drive.

I just ran out of fenugreek. I'll start another 250 g bag of powdered seed tomorrow. I started fenugreek on July 19th:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=31309#pid31309
So that's 13 days in July and 31 in August and 30 in September and 31 in October and 3 in November or 108 days. A bag of 250 g divided over 108 days is 2,300 mg daily. I'll update it in my profile.

I do seem to remember I opened a new bag already, but couldn't find back when. In that case, my dose would be twice as high.

Just to add to your experiment- the 4ml of Goat's Rue may have been helpful to me too. I stink at measuring because I get different results often, but they are definitely fuller. So maybe I should take more than 4ml? Or should I add some powder to my batter?
Does Goat's Rue give "permanent" growth? Or is it just swelling and the other herbs make it "permanent"?
Experimenting is fun! LOL

Thank you chiquitabella,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you consistently get swelling over a few days or weeks from 4 ml, it may be better to save an increase for when you start to get less swelling. Swelling does become permanent. Mel wrote that tissue that is stretched, grows. Like NB, or like steel stretchers on bones that had been broken.

Adding some to the batter is a very good idea. Goat's rue doesn't stink like fenugreek. And if it increases swelling, this may be a sign that you can increase the extract too.

The symptoms of hyperprolactinemia in women are problems with the cycle. So if you get no period, it can be either PM or goat's rue.

My waist looked thinner this morning. Even though I had a whole tin of Frankfurter sausages last night. So I couldn't resist grabbing the tape, before everything. Waist Hip Ratio (WHR) dropped to 0.88, from 0.91 yesterday. Is the magic butt elixir ... Frankfurter sausages Huh

Heiht: 178.5 cm = 5 * 30.48 + 10 * 2.54 = 5' 10"
Weight: 82.5 kg * 2.2046 lbs/kg = 182 lbs
Body Mass Index (BMI): 82.5/1.785/1.785 = 25.9
Breast: 109 cm = 43"
Under: 97 cm = 38"
Waist: 88 cm = 35"
Hip: 100 cm = 39" (actually the widest part around my butt)
Waist to hip ratio (WHR): 88/100 = 0.88

Progress:
Day 11/7 26/7 08/8 22/8 05/9 19/9 3/10 7/10 17/10 31/10 3/11 4/11 2014 2016
BMI: 26.5 26.4 26.2 25.7 25.3 26.0 25.7 25.3 25.70 25.70 25.7 25.9 23.0 23.0
B-U: 8.00 5.00 8.00 8.00 8.00 10.0 10.0 10.0 13.00 11.00 13.00 12.0 15.0 20.0
WHR 0.95 .945 0.94 0.92 0.92 0.96 0.93 0.92 0.940 0.910 0.91 0.88 0.80 0.70
B-U = Breast - Under in cm

Good morning Isabelle,

Haha you hot diggy dog eating women (hehe that sounds pervertedTongue) did you enjoy the frank sausages..
[/align]
Another repeat question. FG~does it slim the waist (I though you mentioned that) if so in what way does it do this..less bloating, keeps you moving? Also you said it helps insulin sensitivity in what way does that work..does it prevent or correct it and can you explain insulin sens. more to me.. Oh one other thing I took 3 FG, 3 Tumeric, and drank 2 cups of Fennel and woke up feeling achy and swollen.. I thought Tumeric was suppose to help thatDodgyHuh

Not to mention the shape of those things. Eight of them Big Grin

I linked three pages of a book here
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=31217#pid31217
Those pages explain insulin sensitivity from all angles in a short text. It may not be clear at first, because a lot is in medical jargon, but if you read it a few times over, the essentials sink in.

Ahh well, I can explain it shorter. Fat in the belly is a vicious circle. It decreases sensitivity to insulin. Insulin is the hormone the pancreas makes to make energy from blood sugar. If sugar does not become energy, it becomes fat, in the belly.

Fenugreek stimulates the pancreas to make more insulin, and fenugreek increases sensitivity to insulin too, so it cuts the circle in two places. This makes it the most effective waist slimmer.

Goat's rue increases insulin sensitivity too, but it does not stimulate the pancreas to make more insulin. Insulin binds to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG releases free testosterone to make room for the insulin. So fenugreek may cause break outs in people who do not take enough anti-androgens. Goat's rue won't.

Fenugreek and fennel increase prolactin. Prolactin makes milk, so it causes swelling. Fenugreek contains diosgenin, which increases progesterone. Turmeric and fennel contain phyto-progestins. Progesterone and progestins round the breasts out, by developing the glands and alveolas. So with this bomb of swelling and roundness, you're surprised it hurts? Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon