Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PCOS & arthritis

So I wasn’t sure in which subject thread this belonged to, but I figured this is the most suitable place.

This will mostly be a rant, but maybe I’ll help someone in a similar situation to get some insight..! I sure hope I would’ve figured this sooner.

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago. My doctor made the conclusion from checking my hormones and blood samples showed exaggerated T-levels. At the time I also suffered from mild hirsutism, acne, and my period occurred 4-8 times a year. I was prescribed an anti-androgenic BCP called Diane, and that was that.

Years before PCOS diagnosis I was also diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I found a medicine that worked for me and life went on. I play the piano, I weightlift, and as long as you pay attention and take your meds, arthritis (in my case at least) is not the end of the world.

When Covid19 started spreading around the world, I decided to stop taking my medicine. Most kinds of medicine used to treat autoimmune disease work by suppressing the immune system. And in that climate with this virus spreading, I felt it was wise to have a fully functioning immune system, as I was working in a front desk and also commuting to work.

So I stop taking my meds and as expected, there are some rheumatoid  symptoms. And it’s around this time I discover and get started with NBE. By this time in my life I have gained 10 kg (about 22lbs) since I was diagnosed with PCOS and not being under weight seemed to balance out my hormones a lot. Acne cleared up, hirsutism improved and I went from crying once a year to tearing up at pretty much any emotional movie scene. I didn’t need a hormone test to know that I was much more balanced than 10 years ago.

Now my first try at NBE was a total mess, due to wanting to do it all at once, but more importantly, fenugreek, flax, red clover didn’t have any effect on me. So I ordered a Noogleberry, and this seem to be the method for me.

While noogling I’ve been taking PC and herbal teas and trying to educate myself to create the perfect program for me. While PCOS can make it difficult, there are success stories even from those girls!

Now to my point - today I learned that PCOS is a veeeery broad term, and both symptoms and cause differs A LOT from person to person.

I have inflammatory PCOS, which gets worse when I have active inflammation, which I obviously have at the moment.

Inflammation in the body desensitizes hormone receptors a lot, which explains why herbs doesn’t have an effect on me.

While I feel a little sad and discouraged, it is also a relief to understand why it didn’t work. Now I will concentrate on learning massages instead and to make sure I treat my inflammations.

My boyfriend started working from home so my noogling days are pretty much over, lol.

I will start taking my medicine again, research if the medicine might interfere with my hormones, and pretty much starting over by then. My hope is that inflammation will clear up quickly, and then I would love to try out BO. We’ll see.

Meanwhile, any massaging tips are highly welcomed, I’m currently doing the deer massage, chi massage and fat brushing.

but I do miss my noogleberry.. Smile" alt="Smile" title="Smile">

I don't think the type of massage matters much, the important thing is to massage with Aloe Vera oil. Also oil your breasts when noogling and drink lots of water. I think you should tell your boyfriend about your NBE and even encourage him to massage your breasts. Tell him about your noogling, then you won't have to hide it.

I don't think having PCOS means it has to be a lifelong battle. It's reported that 88% of women with PCOS are related to insulin resistance (IR), and of the 12% it'll be from adrenal issues. 

And this is where metformin comes in. Metformin lowers the insulin response (or insulin resistance), meaning lowering blood glucose. 

But let's back things up for a minute and start with stomach acid. See if the PCOS dysfunction can be controlled it needs to start with inhibiting stomach gastrin. 

Metformin has side effects of nausea, diarrhoea, flatulence, bloating, anorexia, metallic taste and abdominal pain. 

Metformin stimulates AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) and is also referred to as the master regulator of energy homeostasis. There is however a conflict with metformin as it inhibits aromatase (via AMPK production), meaning it inhibits breast growth.

Role of metformin in the management of polycystic ovary syndrome
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...o=0.602410

I refer to metformin here because of its action, lowering insulin. 

Reducing inflammation can start in the mitochondria, which is its place of origin...aka-Mitochondrial Dysfunction

Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Damage Associated Molecular Patterns (DAMPs) in Chronic Inflammatory Diseases
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5988941/

I posted information regarding how inhibiting stomach gastrin helps breast growth, but the information on inhibiting gastrin follows the same hypothesis of treating PCOS by inhibiting gastrin

https://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=22417&pid=207918&highlight=inflammation#pid207918

Good luck.
L.

(10-07-2020, 08:30 AM)Lotus Wrote:  I don't think having PCOS means it has to be a lifelong battle. It's reported that 88% of women with PCOS are related to insulin resistance (IR), and of the 12% it'll be from adrenal issues.  And this is where metformin comes in. Metformin lowers the insulin response (or insulin resistance), meaning lowering blood glucose.  But let's back things up for a minute and start with stomach acid. See if the PCOS dysfunction can be controlled it needs to start with inhibiting stomach gastrin.  Metformin has side effects of nausea, diarrhoea, flatulence, bloating, anorexia, metallic taste and abdominal pain.  Metformin stimulates AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) and is also referred to as the master regulator of energy homeostasis. There is however a conflict with metformin as it inhibits aromatase (via AMPK production), meaning it inhibits breast growth. Role of metformin in the management of polycystic ovary syndrome https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...o=0.602410 I refer to metformin here because of its action, lowering insulin.  Reducing inflammation can start in the mitochondria, which is its place of origin...aka-Mitochondrial Dysfunction Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Damage Associated Molecular Patterns (DAMPs) in Chronic Inflammatory Diseases https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5988941/ I posted information regarding how inhibiting stomach gastrin helps breast growth, but the information on inhibiting gastrin follows the same hypothesis of treating PCOS by inhibiting gastrin https://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=22417&pid=207918&highlight=inflammation#pid207918 Good luck. L.

Those were both great articles, thank you Lotus.

It’s the first time I hear about mitochondria dysfunction, I will have to read that one again to grasp it all but it’s interesting regarding arthritis, which is a chronic inflammation caused by an exaggerated immune response.

I’ve always disregarded that I would be insulin-resistant since I (wrongly) associated that with being over weight. And since my body isn’t showing any signs of PCOS any more I almost started to think I “cured it” just by adding the healthy weight. I will make an appointment with my doctor to check my insulin levels though, when reading about insulin resistance I do have some symptoms that can be connected to that. So it’s necessary that I can exclude it.

I am reluctant to using metformin, but I’ll see when I know more.

Thank you for your comment!

(09-07-2020, 05:44 PM)James98 Wrote:  I don't think the type of massage matters much, the important thing is to massage with Aloe Vera oil. Also oil your breasts when noogling and drink lots of water. I think you should tell your boyfriend about your NBE and even encourage him to massage your breasts. Tell him about your noogling, then you won't have to hide it.

I feel so embarrassed to tell him about the breast pump..! But that would be the absolute best, it seemed like I was a fast responder to the method so I’m losing a lot here out of fear of feeling embarrassed. Which is also silly.

I just read about the benefits of aloe Vera oil here, will definitely purchase when I run out of my coconut oil.

Thank you for commenting!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon