Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Has anyone used DIM with BO?

Hi Ladies!  Smile

I'm working on other health issues right now (thyroid, gut) and then will probably be trying a BO program. I'm using this time to research and learn.. Been reading a lot lately about DIM.  Just wondering if any of you BO Gals have used DIM in your booby growing programs? I think I might be a slow estrogen metabolizer and definitely know I have adrenal fatigue (I've always leaned in in the direction of E dominance). So since BO increases estrogen quite a lot, I was wondering if the addition of DIM could help mediate or eliminate any potential side effects from the BO, like heavy and/or more painful periods, etc. I know that some ladies also take breaks from the BO and do cleanses and such..

Actually, any info ya'll might have about taking DIM would be much appreciated! TIA and Happy Growing to all of you! I hope I'll finally be growing myself one day, lol!

Hey!

I’ve tried to go on a BO program several times (I’m Estrogen dominant due to low Progesterone levels). But each time it’s made me hella emotional crazy, so much so that I’ve stopped after a few days. 

BUT I recently tried taking BO with DIM and it’s made SUCH a difference. I feel absolutely fine and probably even more balanced than normal.

From what I gather DIM kinda cleans out the excess estrogen and helps to metabolise it so there’s not too much floating around and wreaking havoc. I don’t know exactly how it works, but it definitely works on a mood level for me so it must be doing something!

I hope this helps and happy growing!! Smile

(29-11-2019, 10:19 AM)seagypsy Wrote:  Hey!

I’ve tried to go on a BO program several times (I’m Estrogen dominant due to low Progesterone levels). But each time it’s made me hella emotional crazy, so much so that I’ve stopped after a few days. 

BUT I recently tried taking BO with DIM and it’s made SUCH a difference. I feel absolutely fine and probably even more balanced than normal.

From what I gather DIM kinda cleans out the excess estrogen and helps to metabolise it so there’s not too much floating around and wreaking havoc. I don’t know exactly how it works, but it definitely works on a mood level for me so it must be doing something!

I also felt the same. But I think if you take DIM all days it can also increase your testosterone levels. So if you take DIM during your period time and start BO with Vitex it helps a lot.

Hey seagypsy! 

Thanks SOOO much for telling me!!   This is something that I had been rolling around in my head for quite a while but wasn't sure if anyone else had tried the combination. I think I'm just one of those ladies who needs an extra boost to metabolize estrogens quicker. So the possibility of DIM + BO sounded like a good idea. 
Have you started growing on this method yet??  I hope so! That's so great that you're being able to take the BO now!! Keep me updated on your progress! Smile

Happy Growing!!
NL

(30-11-2019, 10:33 AM)Shifa Wrote:  

I also felt the same. But I think if you take DIM all days it can also increase your testosterone levels. So if you take DIM during your period time and start BO with Vitex it helps a lot.

Hi Shifa!
I've heard that DIM can increase testosteron/androgens in men and probably can in some women too. But I already take an anti-androgen herb; however, I think I would probably have to increase my dose of that when I do actually start a program.  But thanks so much for the info! Good food for thought!  Smile

Happy growing!!
NL

(30-11-2019, 10:33 AM)Shifa Wrote:  

Thanks Shifa! I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this and might throw some spearmint tea into the mix Smile

(30-11-2019, 08:16 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  

Hey seagypsy! 

Thanks SOOO much for telling me!!   This is something that I had been rolling around in my head for quite a while but wasn't sure if anyone else had tried the combination. I think I'm just one of those ladies who needs an extra boost to metabolize estrogens quicker. So the possibility of DIM + BO sounded like a good idea. 
Have you started growing on this method yet??  I hope so! That's so great that you're being able to take the BO now!! Keep me updated on your progress! Smile

Happy Growing!!
NL

Hi NL!

That’s great, have you started yet?

I’ve only gone 1 full cycle so far, and have followed the advice from MissMadScientist (I think that’s her name!) to only take BO during the Luteal Phase, and to break from 1st day of period to ovulation. I’m also taking a mix of other things.. pig placenta, adrenal glandular, thyroid glandular, progesterone cream, collagen, DIM, etc. I’ll make sure to start a new thread and track progress for anyone who’s interested.

From what I’ve read from the amazing women here is that it can take a few cycles to start noticing results. However after just 1 cycle (and only really 2 weeks of BO seen as I’m just taking it during luteal Phase) - they have become fuller and more tender / itchy. I’m an A cup so a small change goes a long way! Smile

I’m really excited and hopeful for the next few months! I only took 750mg BO the 1st cycle and will up it to 1000mg this 2nd cycle. I was a little scared of going too high too fast with the dosage because of past experience with BO, but the 100mg DIM per day has REALLY helped! I also only take DIM in luteal phase.

Yay I’m so excited for us!! Smile

Happy growing!! And please let me know how you get on!

(09-12-2019, 07:26 AM)seagypsy Wrote:  
(30-11-2019, 08:16 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  

Hey seagypsy! 

Happy Growing!!
NL

Hi NL!

That’s great, have you started yet?

I’ve only gone 1 full cycle so far, and have followed the advice from MissMadScientist (I think that’s her name!) to only take BO during the Luteal Phase, and to break from 1st day of period to ovulation. I’m also taking a mix of other things.. pig placenta, adrenal glandular, thyroid glandular, progesterone cream, collagen, DIM, etc. I’ll make sure to start a new thread and track progress for anyone who’s interested.

From what I’ve read from the amazing women here is that it can take a few cycles to start noticing results. However after just 1 cycle (and only really 2 weeks of BO seen as I’m just taking it during luteal Phase) - they have become fuller and more tender / itchy. I’m an A cup so a small change goes a long way! Smile

I’m really excited and hopeful for the next few months! I only took 750mg BO the 1st cycle and will up it to 1000mg this 2nd cycle. I was a little scared of going too high too fast with the dosage because of past experience with BO, but the 100mg DIM per day has REALLY helped! I also only take DIM in luteal phase.

Yay I’m so excited for us!! Smile

Happy growing!! And please let me know how you get on!

Hi seagypsy!

I'm finally answering you, lol!  I am really interested in knowing how you are progressing with your BO/DIM program.. I haven't started a program yet because of other immune health issues, but I WILL be doing one.. I'm saying that by faith, lol.   

I  love that you're only taking the BO during luteal phase.  That's what I have been planning to try myself and it would be great to be able to grow well doing it that way - not oversaturating with hormones, but still growing. Have you been able to increase your mg again since our last posts? 

By the way, my adrenals need attention also and I was wondering which adrenal glandular product you have been using?

Please update me on your progress when you have time! Smile  I'm excited for you also and hope you are growing like crazy!! Smile  

Blessings!! <3
Natural Lady

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon