Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Which collagen powder are you using?

I’m a new one joining NBE,  i’m planning to use collagen powder every day.  What should I take notice on? Which brand are you using? What things should I consider when choosing collagen powder? 
 Thank you everybody !

I am Aggie!
Recent status: 32A poor

Hi Aggie!
Welcome!
I'm not familiar with Collagen for NBE, so enlighten me?
Bobbi

(06-08-2019, 04:11 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Hi Aggie!
Welcome!
Bobbi

Connective tissue Bobbi  Smile

Hydrolysed collagen is better absorbed by the body. For bones, tendons, hair, skin, nails, ligaments and joints. 

Going to start my husband on it too, bad knees. 

GREAT LAKES do  pasture raised kosher beef “collagen hydrolysate” . Thats a good brand and rigourous testing for heavy metals etc too. 

A lot of girls here boasted collagen boosted their results when doing nbe.

(06-08-2019, 08:07 PM)EllaC Wrote:  
Welcome!
Bobbi

Hydrolysed collagen is better absorbed by the body. For bones, tendons, hair, skin, nails, ligaments and joints. 

GREAT LAKES do  pasture raised kosher beef “collagen hydrolysate” . Thats a good brand and rigourous testing for heavy metals etc too. 

Thanks Ella, I knew that Smile 
I was looking to find out about a collagen program. Do you eat it, sniff it, massage it, and where? Any special brand?

PS for your hubby's knees, get him on MSM. I do 2000mg every day, but was at 4000mg when I started. Stuff works wonders, but get a good organic brand ( I use NOW) and eat an orange a day really helps too.

Bobbi

(08-08-2019, 05:05 PM)Happyme Wrote:  
Welcome!
Bobbi

I was looking to find out about a collagen program. Do you eat it, sniff it, massage it, and where? Any special brand?

PS for your hubby's knees, get him on MSM. I do 2000mg every day, but was at 4000mg when I started. Stuff works wonders, but get a good organic brand ( I use NOW) and eat an orange a day really helps too.

Bobbi
You drink it Bobbi, mix in anything really. 
Ive seen this one i mentioned above is the form best recognised and absorbed by the body, the collagen hydrolysate. 
Ive suggested Great Lakes because collagen is derived from animals , this one is and their testing standards are pretty good. Who else would test for heavy metals, bacteria etc and state the results for you to see, cheaper brands i hate to think... Plus id never trust any type of marine derived collagen now with the state of our oceans. 

But yes i mix a little msm in with the collagen for hubby and myself now . Msm puts me into a deep sleep i dont know why but it really does.

(08-08-2019, 07:58 PM)EllaC Wrote:  
(08-08-2019, 05:05 PM)Happyme Wrote:  
Welcome!
Bobbi

Bobbi
You drink it Bobbi, mix in anything really. 
Ive seen this one i mentioned above is the form best recognised and absorbed by the body, the collagen hydrolysate. 
Ive suggested Great Lakes because collagen is derived from animals , this one is and their testing standards are pretty good. Who else would test for heavy metals, bacteria etc and state the results for you to see, cheaper brands i hate to think... Plus id never trust any type of marine derived collagen now with the state of our oceans. 

But yes i mix a little msm in with the collagen for hubby and myself now . Msm puts me into a deep sleep i dont know why but it really does.

Thanks, Ella,

I will try Great Lakes. 

I am planning to have fresh orange juice to go with both collagen powder and MSM. Does anyone try it? Will it taste very bad? And, is it good to mix MSM and collagen powder?

How do you choose MSM? Actually, what is the MSM powder comes from? What is the source? 
I do search for the ingredients of MSM but all I search contains SILICON DIOXIDE/ MAGNESIUM STEARATE/ STEARIC ACID/ POTASSIUM SORBATE which are some bad ingredients to reduce the manufacturing cost. Does anyone have a good suggestion on the brand of MSM?

Thanks all,
Aggie

that's an easy one... There's one major manufacturer:

OptiMSM

Almost all the organic and major brands source and use it in their blends!!!

For some lucky women, MSM alone makes breasts larger!!! if you go on natural longhaircare forum, there are MANY anecdotes. 

In one thread, they even verify that all the different brands they used were optiMSM sourced! If you want to find one of the brands that does not have any preservatives, go to the optiMSM website and go brand by brand to figure out which one.

I take doctors best 3000 mg a day with a guava which has even more vitamin C than a glass of orange juice. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach, because that's what I read was successful in the long hair care forum. however I have some other imbalances and I'm thinking about adding another 3000 mg at night before I go to sleep.

Women say collagen injections work. But collagen is "exogenous," which means that it is not generated by your own body. This also means that it poses a risk of reaction.

I use Sports Research Collagen Peptides. It’s on amazon and very highly rated. Mixes easily and has no taste. I put a scoop in my morning tea.

(23-08-2019, 04:20 PM)nanakante Wrote:  Women say collagen injections work. But collagen is "exogenous," which means that it is not generated by your own body. This also means that it poses a risk of reaction.

Gosh you spread a lot of misinformation here. Again this is not true at all! the body does do synthesis, how exactly you have to google but your body can at least form collagen type I from vitamin C. Maybe theres more the body can do with different substances, idk bc I am not a professor or going to make false claims. Rolleyes

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon