Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Decreased libido from spearmint tea?

I started to take spearmint loose leaves tea a month ago. For this whole month my libido decreased so much like never before. It feels like not functioning. Does anyone have any problem with it? I drink it one or twice everyday.

(24-02-2019, 11:15 PM)bosekk Wrote:  I started to take spearmint loose leaves tea a month ago. For this whole month my libido decreased so much like never before. It feels like not functioning. Does anyone have any problem with it? I drink it one or twice everyday.

I think that would be considered normal, as it lowers T (free T).  I personally would not use spearmint T because you can use your T to aromatase into E so its sort of the wrong direction for nbe.  I think if you were having an acne outbreak that you could put down to excess T then yes it would be appropriate and use it for a short period of time until you lower T.  If your looking at lowering androgen look at green tea, reishi, pumkinseed oil (not alot of research on this ones abilities especially in regards to nbe), stay away from SawP as it lowers androgens however is also an anti-aromatase so in theory you'll have a heap of free T with no way to convert to E. 

Btw - if you choose a different androgen it will properly still cause low libido as well,  as from my understanding it is the male sex hormones that give us libido, so stands to reason if we lower them then lower our libido. 

Just my thoughts on it, maybe research and see if any of it rings true for you.

(25-02-2019, 12:06 AM)Bonny Wrote:  
(24-02-2019, 11:15 PM)bosekk Wrote:  I started to take spearmint loose leaves tea a month ago. For this whole month my libido decreased so much like never before. It feels like not functioning. Does anyone have any problem with it? I drink it one or twice everyday.

I think that would be considered normal, as it lowers T (free T).  I personally would not use spearmint T because you can use your T to aromatase into E so its sort of the wrong direction for nbe.  I think if you were having an acne outbreak that you could put down to excess T then yes it would be appropriate and use it for a short period of time until you lower T.  If your looking at lowering androgen look at green tea, reishi, pumkinseed oil (not alot of research on this ones abilities especially in regards to nbe), stay away from SawP as it lowers androgens however is also an anti-aromatase so in theory you'll have a heap of free T with no way to convert to E. 

Btw - if you choose a different androgen it will properly still cause low libido as well,  as from my understanding it is the male sex hormones that give us libido, so stands to reason if we lower them then lower our libido. 

Thanks Bonny. I bought reishi powder before but throw them away because it had a citrus smell, which I thought was not normal for fresh and high quality reishi powder. If you also use reishi powder, does it smell like citrus /vinegar?

(25-02-2019, 12:49 AM)bosekk Wrote:  

Thanks Bonny. I bought reishi powder before but throw them away because it had a citrus smell, which I thought was not normal for fresh and high quality reishi powder. If you also use reishi powder, does it smell like citrus /vinegar?

Ive never used loose powder so have no idea of smell, ive got supps at moment that are from piping rock dont think much of them.  Ive ordered extract because i prefer that, i feel it (reishi) works better as a liquid extract its gonna sound strange and prob too much info but when i use it as extract i can smell my urine change after taking a dose vs nothing with supps/caps? 

Miss mad scientist has a thread about Reishi particularly liquid extract she found those with alcohol more potent then water based ones (from some literature she found).

https://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=28085

(25-02-2019, 12:49 AM)bosekk Wrote:  

Keep in mind an increase in acne can be from stimulating IGF-1, and when it comes to IGF-1 too much is not healthy.

Role of insulin, insulin-like growth factor-1, hyperglycaemic food and milk consumption in the pathogenesis of acne vulgaris.
Review article
Melnik BC, et al. Exp Dermatol. 2009.
Show full citation
Abstract

It is the purpose of this viewpoint article to delineate the regulatory network of growth hormone (GH), insulin, and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) signalling during puberty, associated hormonal changes in adrenal and gonadal androgen metabolism, and the impact of dietary factors and smoking involved in the pathogenesis of acne. The key regulator IGF-1 rises during puberty by the action of increased GH secretion and correlates well with the clinical course of acne. In acne patients, associations between serum levels of IGF-1, dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate, dihydrotestosterone, acne lesion counts and facial sebum secretion rate have been reported. IGF-1 stimulates 5alpha-reductase, adrenal and gonadal androgen synthesis, androgen receptor signal transduction, sebocyte proliferation and lipogenesis. Milk consumption results in a significant increase in insulin and IGF-1 serum levels comparable with high glycaemic food. Insulin induces hepatic IGF-1 secretion, and both hormones amplify the stimulatory effect of GH on sebocytes and augment mitogenic downstream signalling pathways of insulin receptors, IGF-1 receptor and fibroblast growth factor receptor-2b. Acne is proposed to be an IGF-1-mediated disease, modified by diets and smoking increasing insulin/IGF1-signalling. Metformin treatment, and diets low in milk protein content and glycaemic index reduce increased IGF-1 signalling. Persistent acne in adulthood with high IGF-1 levels may be considered as an indicator for increased risk of cancer, which may require appropriate dietary intervention as well as treatment with insulin-sensitizing agents.

At the sign of an acne outbreak it's about knowing what to do next (in terms of NBE). Exactly how much does one need of IGF-1 to stimulate breast growth?...no one really knows...don't overstimulate IGF-1, it can have serious impacts to ones health. If testosterone is already converted to DHT it's to late to convert to aromatase... the only exception is the final elimination of DHT through bodily waste, which is a small chance for aromatase to work, it's called  3-beta-diol, it's an androgen metabolite with intrinsic estrogen-like effects, but only occurs in males....but it can be said DHT has an estrogenic concentration.
https://www.breastnexum.com/showthread.php?tid=17416&page=65

Metformin helps to stop IGF-1 production...timing is critical, meaning knowing how your body responds to certain drugs and herbal supplements. Oral estradiol impairs IGF-1 production in the liver, so you need the proper training and expertise to know when to stimulate and when to slam on the breaks. I like that bonny is posting research, thanks bonny, and thanks to those that share info with others....its invaluable. Big Grin

(14-10-2017, 05:10 AM)Lotus Wrote:  growth hormone and oral estrogen

Regulating of growth hormone sensitivity by sex steroids: implications for therapy.

Abstract
Growth hormone (GH) is an important regulator of body composition, reducing body fat by stimulating fat oxidation and enhancing lean body mass by stimulating protein accretion. The emergence of differences in body composition between the sexes during puberty suggests sex steroids modulate the action of GH. Work from our laboratory have investigated the influence of estrogens and androgens on the metabolic actions of GH in human adults. The liver is an important site of physiological interaction as it is a sex steroid responsive organ and a major target of GH action. Estrogen, when administered orally impairs the GH-regulated endocrine and metabolic function of the liver via a first-pass effect. It reduces circulating IGF-I, fat oxidation and protein synthesis, contributing to a loss of lean and a gain of fat mass. [ In contrast, studies in hypopituitary men indicate that testosterone enhances the metabolic effects of GH. Testosterone alone stimulates fat oxidation and protein synthesis, both of which are enhanced by GH. Studies in GH deficiency adults have consistently reported women to be less sensitive to GH than men. In summary, estrogens and androgens exert divergent effects on the action of GH. The results provide an explanation for sexual dimorphism in body composition in adults and the gender-related response to GH replacement in hypopituitary subjects. In the management of hypopituitarism, estrogens should be administered by the parenteral route in women and testosterone be replaced in men to optimize the benefits of GH replacement.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16809927

---------------

I drink so much spearmint tea. It was great for my skin, the best it's been in my entire adult life! However, it wreaked absolute havoc on my hormones and helped to destroy my sex drive. I'm still recovering from that.

Decreasing testosterone can decrease libido.  If it kills your libido then it could be that your testosterone is too low and you shouldn't be using anti-androgen herbs.  If you still suspect you have high androgens for whatever reason, then you may want to get a hormone test to make sure.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon