Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Whey / protein shake alternatives?

Question 

I've heard that while on BO or generally trying the NBE, you should ingest a LOT of protein.

But I'm lactose intolerant. I think this will get in the way of a lot of the whey and protein drinks.

Does anyone else have any alternatives? I know that some sports bars have a lot of protein..
Rainbow 

You could try some hemp protein from swanson and it is organic

(02-01-2013, 02:20 AM)pomelo89 Wrote:  I've heard that while on BO or generally trying the NBE, you should ingest a LOT of protein.

But I'm lactose intolerant. I think this will get in the way of a lot of the whey and protein drinks.

Does anyone else have any alternatives? I know that some sports bars have a lot of protein..

you can try bonebroth protein

Try vegan source of proteins or egg proteins...

Pea protein. Highly nutritious but never EVER get unflavoured.... tastes horrific. there’s some high quality ones out there too.

(02-01-2013, 02:20 AM)pomelo89 Wrote:  I've heard that while on BO or generally trying the NBE, you should ingest a LOT of protein.

I think this is just a myth.  Most people get more than double their protein needs from diet, and the extra has no benefit.  And when vegans talk about growing several cup sizes from going vegan, they find that they shrink back down again after using lots of protein powder.  I'm guessing it's because these protein powders are empty useless calories without the nutrients you actually need to grow.  As far as I can tell most NBE regimes that use protein powder simply are using too little to hurt them, and if anything protein powder shrinks boobs.

You can get collagen powder which contains the high sulfur protein aminos that actually build breast tissue.  About a scoop or two.  Or organic sulfur, 3,000 mg MSM.  Or make bone broth, which is the same as collagen powder.  As is bone broth powder/protein.  Or chicken feet broth contains the most collagen.   I mean if making your own.  Once dried down to powder it's all the same: 100% collagen or nearly that.  And unlike other protein powder there are actually stories about all of these helping NBE, even alone.

In any case whey protein isolate is lactose free.  Not that you need it unless trying to get ripped and win a bodybuilding competition.  Even then I think the bodybuilders do better with food sources instead.  For anything less than major bulking up whey protein is an excessive waste of time.  And too much hurts a healthy diet, causing several problems including shrunken boobs.

(12-01-2019, 04:24 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

I think this is just a myth.  Most people get more than double their protein needs from diet, and the extra has no benefit.  And when vegans talk about growing several cup sizes from going vegan, they find that they shrink back down again after using lots of protein powder.  I'm guessing it's because these protein powders are empty useless calories without the nutrients you actually need to grow.  As far as I can tell most NBE regimes that use protein powder simply are using too little to hurt them, and if anything protein powder shrinks boobs.

You can get collagen powder which contains the high sulfur protein aminos that actually build breast tissue.  About a scoop or two.  Or organic sulfur, 3,000 mg MSM.  Or make bone broth, which is the same as collagen powder.  As is bone broth powder/protein.  Or chicken feet broth contains the most collagen.   I mean if making your own.  Once dried down to powder it's all the same: 100% collagen or nearly that.  And unlike other protein powder there are actually stories about all of these helping NBE, even alone.

In any case whey protein isolate is lactose free.  Not that you need it unless trying to get ripped and win a bodybuilding competition.  Even then I think the bodybuilders do better with food sources instead.  For anything less than major bulking up whey protein is an excessive waste of time.  And too much hurts a healthy diet, causing several problems including shrunken boobs.

thank you for this. really helpful.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon