Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How do you determine your bust/bra goal?

So I have been really confused about this since starting NBE. Some women reference their bra size while others keep track of their bust measurement.

I don't know why but my bras have always had to be way bigger than the size charts say is needed for my bust size. For example, my last measurement for my bust was 82.4cm/32.4in. I recently bought a couple of Bradelis bras and also some other Japanese bras, and I had to order a size 65F for both. A 65F according to the size chart should have a difference of 22.5cm in the underbust and bust measurement. My underbust is 67.5cm/26.6in, which is only about 13cm difference. This should be no larger than a 65C. A bra any smaller than the F had me spilling out of the cups!

So I was wondering how others reconcile this. Do you go exclusively by bra size (if I go by expected bust for a 65F cup, which is 88cm, I have already reached my NBE goal) or do you go by bust size and just wear a bra that fits?

I wonder if on the smaller and larger end of bras, the rule of thumb for underbust and bust differences don't really work. Even on the 65 (which should be equivalent to a 30, but most 30's are too big for me) I wear the bras on the tightest clasp.

Any insights would be helpful!

(06-05-2017, 02:52 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  So I have been really confused about this since starting NBE. Some women reference their bra size while others keep track of their bust measurement.

I don't know why but my bras have always had to be way bigger than the size charts say is needed for my bust size. For example, my last measurement for my bust was 82.4cm/32.4in. I recently bought a couple of Bradelis bras and also some other Japanese bras, and I had to order a size 65F for both. A 65F according to the size chart should have a difference of 22.5cm in the underbust and bust measurement. My underbust is 67.5cm/26.6in, which is only about 13cm difference. This should be no larger than a 65C. A bra any smaller than the F had me spilling out of the cups!

So I was wondering how others reconcile this. Do you go exclusively by bra size (if I go by expected bust for a 65F cup, which is 88cm, I have already reached my NBE goal) or do you go by bust size and just wear a bra that fits?

I wonder if on the smaller and larger end of bras, the rule of thumb for underbust and bust differences don't really work. Even on the 65 (which should be equivalent to a 30, but most 30's are too big for me) I wear the bras on the tightest clasp.

I can wear 32b/c/d, 34a/b/c - as a general rule 32C is a good fit for me for most bras. Just buy and wear what is comfy. Manufactureres vary anyway. 
Thats why a few bras off Aliexpress. They are cheap and gotten better with fitting charts and if it doesnt fit no big loss as only cost a few dollars where as a decent bra over here costs around $60

(06-05-2017, 07:05 PM)EllaC Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 02:52 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  So I have been really confused about this since starting NBE. Some women reference their bra size while others keep track of their bust measurement.

I can wear 32b/c/d, 34a/b/c - as a general rule 32C is a good fit for me for most bras. Just buy and wear what is comfy. Manufactureres vary anyway. 
Thats why a few bras off Aliexpress. They are cheap and gotten better with fitting charts and if it doesnt fit no big loss as only cost a few dollars where as a decent bra over here costs around $60

I used to buy quite a few bras from AliExpress too. I am finding their 65 bands are too big since I took gluten out of my diet. Since then I have been buying more expensive Japanese bras. The Bradelis are pretty expensive but I have found some less expensive varieties in my size but the quality of the band is usually not very good and they don't provide much support--which i feel defeats the purpose :Big Grin sometimes I find bras on AliExpress that fit well but it can be hit or miss these days. I didn't realize I lost weight on my underbust until probably January. Often times the bras on AliExpress are not big enogh in the cup either. I have had to start stciking exclusively with D cups which are harder to find than A-C.

Since losing weight, I also ended up losing quite a few inches from my bust and hips, which is kind of a bummer.

This is something that just happened to me too! Tongue 

In theory, I am 89,9 cm - 90cm and it says I should wear a 34B but if I wear 34B my nipples are out of the bra hahaha and I feel it is too tiny for me, so instead I use 34C . 
I think we need a comfy underwear not too tight not too losee for maintaning the shape. However I rather the braless type of bra's, non padded,etc.

(10-05-2017, 11:12 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  This is something that just happened to me too! Tongue 

In theory, I am 89,9 cm - 90cm and it says I should wear a 34B but if I wear 34B my nipples are out of the bra hahaha and I feel it is too tiny for me, so instead I use 34C . 
I think we need a comfy underwear not too tight not too losee for maintaning the shape. However I rather the braless type of bra's, non padded,etc.

That's so strange that the charts are always wrong !! I wonder if there is just an industry standard that hasn't been updated in years.

I personally prefer very structured and supportive bras. Either underwire or foam for breast support, a wide band that is really snug/tight, and some padding mostly for modesty (don't want my nipples showing through my clothes). If I don't wear a really supportive bra my breasts really start hurting until I start wearing bras that give proper support again. I really like the Bradelis bras because they give good support and are designed with breast shape in mind (to help maintain proper breast shape) but honestly their 30's are still not quite small enough for me. I've started ordering similar bras from Japan that fit better.

(11-05-2017, 01:46 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  
(10-05-2017, 11:12 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  This is something that just happened to me too! Tongue 

That's so strange that the charts are always wrong !! I wonder if there is just an industry standard that hasn't been updated in years.

I personally prefer very structured and supportive bras. Either underwire or foam for breast support, a wide band that is really snug/tight, and some padding mostly for modesty (don't want my nipples showing through my clothes). If I don't wear a really supportive bra my breasts really start hurting until I start wearing bras that give proper support again. I really like the Bradelis bras because they give good support and are designed with breast shape in mind (to help maintain proper breast shape) but honestly their 30's are still not quite small enough for me. I've started ordering similar bras from Japan that fit better.

I have heard wonderful things about Bradelis, but I can't find them in Europe. Do you know if it can be shipped to the EU? I'd love to try a bra from that store!

(17-05-2017, 06:33 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  
(11-05-2017, 01:46 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  

I have heard wonderful things about Bradelis, but I can't find them in Europe. Do you know if it can be shipped to the EU? I'd love to try a bra from that store!

Bradelis's website says they ship worldwide. It is a little bit more complicated with the Japanese website I shop on because some shops ship to certain countries and others don't. But if you want to try Bradelis you can shop on their website :Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon