Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is this brand of saw palmetto a good idea ?

Hi everyone !

After a few months of reading everything I could find about NBE, I finally decided to start my own journey ! I'm currently massaging my breasts twice a day and I just bought multivitamins, maca, fennel and fenugreek (pills) but before starting to take them I'm thinking of also buying saw palmetto so I could take it with all of those other pills.

I found this brand http://www.simplysupplements.net/product...to-1000mg/# and it looks like I could save a lot of money since it isn't expensive and I'd have to take only one pill per day.

So my question is, do you think buying it is a good idea and would you have bought it if you were me ? I'm not exactly sure if 1000mg of SP is enough/too much and I really don't want to do it wrong.

Also, I lift weights and I was wondering if blocking DHT would affect my muscle gains ?

Thank you in advance for your answers !

Are you genetically female or are you trans? One bottle of SP I have says it is not intended for use by women.

From what I understand, what SP does is inhibit transformation of Testosterone to DHT, primarily in the prostate, if you do not have a prostate I don't know if it would be effective, or what side effects there might be. DHT may or may not be better for muscle growth, I've seen conflicting information on it, though DHT is very bad for breast growth and also causes both male pattern and female pattern baldness.

1000mg of saw palmetto isn't a high dose. In fact it's on the low side, compared to what most people here have taken.

I don't know of any reason why saw palmetto would be unsuitable for women. I think it's a myth that it's a male herb.

Most Saw palmetto is sold in the form of capsules or the entire 400-500mg herbs. Women who have noticeable effects of androgen excess, such as hirsutism (excessive hair growth), acne, increased sex drive, etc.., Or having PCOS can increase the dose to 5000mg a day and keep it throughout the program Natural Breast Enlargement.

(16-07-2016, 02:31 PM)nanakante Wrote:  Most Saw palmetto is sold in the form of capsules or the entire 400-500mg herbs. Women who have noticeable effects of androgen excess, such as hirsutism (excessive hair growth), acne, increased sex drive, etc.., Or having PCOS can increase the dose to 5000mg a day and keep it throughout the program Natural Breast Enlargement.

Have YOU ever tried taking 5000mg a day of saw palmetto a day?, nobody should take that amount.

Saw palmetto can affect blood-clotting and may increase your risk of bleeding. Tarry stools, decreases birth control pills effectiveness (meaning lowering estrogens effects), cellulite, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, headcheches, are all known common side effects.

Standard dosage is about 1g or lower, pumpkin seed oil can also be combined with saw palmetto to enhance the 5 alpha reductase inhibition.

A couple of years ago I tried saw palmetto, due to a theory I heard that it might help with acne (I try absolutely anything for acne). I took 10,000 mg a day for about 3 months and it basically did nothing for me. No help with acne, no side effects, it seemed to have no effect at all.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon