Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Please help a newbie out?

Bug 

Hello everyone!!
I am new to this forum. I came across it doing some research and NBE. I saw a few great posts but I had some questions I needed answered. Let me tell you about myself first.

I am 24 years old. Underdeveloped breast. I am literally the only one in my family who wasn't lucky enough to grow breast. And it's all girls except one boy out of 7 kids. Anyways, I'm Asian American. I love to exercise and do A LOT of cardio. So I'm petite. I'm also on birth control, I'm on the Implanon. It has had some side affects on me. My period was irregular for a while but it seems to be normal now (the past 4 months). I was looking into trying a routine similar to the infamous "Chiyomilk". But some of the herbs she's used I'm not sure will work with my birth control. If anyone can give me advice on what NOT to take and what I can take while on birth control that would be great! Thank you for your time!

How long have you been on Implanon? Because honestly, that could be part of your problem. It's 100% synthetic progestin in an implant so it's constantly feeding slowly into your system which basically stops your regular cycle in its tracks. With your cycle so dramatically changed, you CAN'T grow.

(18-05-2016, 02:10 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  How long have you been on Implanon? Because honestly, that could be part of your problem. It's 100% synthetic progestin in an implant so it's constantly feeding slowly into your system which basically stops your regular cycle in its tracks. With your cycle so dramatically changed, you CAN'T grow.

Hello AbiDrew!
Thank you for responding! I've only been on Implanon for 1 1/2 years. And my period was irregular at first but it's normal now. Is it not possible to grow at all while on birth control?

(18-05-2016, 11:37 PM)RiceBunny Wrote:  Thank you for responding! I've only been on Implanon for 1 1/2 years. And my period was irregular at first but it's normal now. Is it not possible to grow at all while on birth control?

It varies, of course. It won't always stop growth completely, but it can. Is there any chance you could ask about non-hormonal alternatives because you're concerned about what effect the hormonal birth control might be having? There are copper-based IUDs that work by killing the sperm that enter the uterus. Though copper-based has it's own potential problems as well and you should of course discuss anything like that with a medical professional.

It just seems to me that your lack of growth is highly suspicious, since you are the ONLY female in your family without!

Only 1.5 years though... So it's probably not, or at least wasn't originally, part of the problem. You did say you love to exercise and specified particular enjoyment of cardio... do the other women in your family have a similar love for exercise? It could be that their breasts are mostly just fattier than yours, in which case you might do well in just easing back on quite so much cardio and making some dietary changes to allow for the exercise change without you immediately ballooning in undesired directions, namely, by cutting carbs.

I used to be on implanon, while on it I did not try nbe, it had expired by the time I started however I only had it removed a few weeks ago. Since it expired I have had rather rapid growth, I am not sure whether this is due to the hormonal changes that came with my body returning to normal or due to something else and I can't promise you'd see the same results if you had yours removed.

It has been noted that the shape of my breasts at the start of nbe (while large) looked as though they hadn't finished growing and having the implant put in may have stopped the final development, which seems to have continued now I have taken it out as I am young enough (21) that I still have high enough levels of the hormones necessary for breast development.
Please note, the above is just a theory and may not be the case for everybody.

(18-05-2016, 11:47 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(18-05-2016, 11:37 PM)RiceBunny Wrote:  Thank you for responding! I've only been on Implanon for 1 1/2 years. And my period was irregular at first but it's normal now. Is it not possible to grow at all while on birth control?

It varies, of course. It won't always stop growth completely, but it can. Is there any chance you could ask about non-hormonal alternatives because you're concerned about what effect the hormonal birth control might be having? There are copper-based IUDs that work by killing the sperm that enter the uterus. Though copper-based has it's own potential problems as well and you should of course discuss anything like that with a medical professional.

It just seems to me that your lack of growth is highly suspicious, since you are the ONLY female in your family without!

Only 1.5 years though... So it's probably not, or at least wasn't originally, part of the problem. You did say you love to exercise and specified particular enjoyment of cardio... do the other women in your family have a similar love for exercise? It could be that their breasts are mostly just fattier than yours, in which case you might do well in just easing back on quite so much cardio and making some dietary changes to allow for the exercise change without you immediately ballooning in undesired directions, namely, by cutting carbs.

Yes I am the only one who does love to excercise. The other women in my family are a little bigger than me other than my twin sister. She's tiny too except she did grow breast just no bigger than a B cup. She does no cardio though. I also constrict my breast a lot which some of my friends told me might be the problem? Like always wearing sports bras since I was little (due to running all the time). I will definitely ask about hormonal free BC I just know a few I can't have due to allergies.

(19-05-2016, 12:02 AM)Katana Wrote:  I used to be on implanon, while on it I did not try nbe, it had expired by the time I started however I only had it removed a few weeks ago. Since it expired I have had rather rapid growth, I am not sure whether this is due to the hormonal changes that came with my body returning to normal or due to something else and I can't promise you'd see the same results if you had yours removed.

It has been noted that the shape of my breasts at the start of nbe (while large) looked as though they hadn't finished growing and having the implant put in may have stopped the final development, which seems to have continued now I have taken it out as I am young enough (21) that I still have high enough levels of the hormones necessary for breast development.

Thank you! That definitely helps out. How old were you when you got the Implanon? And do you use any other form of BC other than condoms? Thanks for replying!!

(19-05-2016, 01:21 AM)RiceBunny Wrote:  
(19-05-2016, 12:02 AM)Katana Wrote:  I used to be on implanon, while on it I did not try nbe, it had expired by the time I started however I only had it removed a few weeks ago. Since it expired I have had rather rapid growth, I am not sure whether this is due to the hormonal changes that came with my body returning to normal or due to something else and I can't promise you'd see the same results if you had yours removed.

Thank you! That definitely helps out. How old were you when you got the Implanon? And do you use any other form of BC other than condoms? Thanks for replying!!

I was 18, and not at the moment, I wanted to be off hormonal bc until my body is where I want it to be.

(19-05-2016, 07:21 AM)Katana Wrote:  
(19-05-2016, 01:21 AM)RiceBunny Wrote:  

I was 18, and not at the moment, I wanted to be off hormonal bc until my body is where I want it to be.

Thank you for the reply! I'll definitely speak to my doctor about it and see my options Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon