Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Personal Programs & Picture Pages

I think it's time we had a review of what sections we need to have for Personal Programs & Picture Pages.

The reason that pictures have separate sections is historical. In our old (original) forum it wasn't possible (for technical reasons) to post pictures in the programs sections, so they had to have separate sections of their own.

This no longer applies, so the sections could be combined?

If the sections were to be combined then the combined section would have to be members only, as the Picture Pages are now.

Alternatively we could continue to have separate sections, with one open to the public and the other for those who want their pages to be private. This might be considered confusing however, with program pages in 2 different places, although it's like that now and it seems to work OK.

If we continue to have separate sections they could be renamed to make it clear that they contain both programs and pictures.

I think this is a great idea.
If combined it could simply be called "programs and picture pages"
If not you could call one "programs" and the other "member's only area" within the programs section as the picture pages are now and send an announcement out explaining the difference with regards to it being members only

I agree with Katana about the latter and actually think it's the better solution, personally. Let's make it clear that one section is members only but keep the two separate sections just in case some people prefer to leave their programs publicly viewable.

I have a further suggestion though. I don't know just how stringent the current policy is on access to what are currently known as the picture pages, but would it be possible if it's not already, to limit it to not just members only, but members in good standing only. To prevent people from joining just to stare at pictures of people who don't want random people staring at them. Require something like a minimum of so many posts, 10 should be a safe number. Most trolls and spammers get caught and banned before they reach that many.

I agree with Abi ... the thing that turned me off from other sites were the men who only posted asking for more pictures to be posted constantly. So if there is a way to restrict it somehow, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it.

(17-05-2016, 04:46 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I agree with Katana about the latter and actually think it's the better solution, personally. Let's make it clear that one section is members only but keep the two separate sections just in case some people prefer to leave their programs publicly viewable.

I have a further suggestion though. I don't know just how stringent the current policy is on access to what are currently known as the picture pages, but would it be possible if it's not already, to limit it to not just members only, but members in good standing only. To prevent people from joining just to stare at pictures of people who don't want random people staring at them. Require something like a minimum of so many posts, 10 should be a safe number. Most trolls and spammers get caught and banned before they reach that many.
Good idea Abi.

Great suggestings, we've also talked about having more perks available for BN members. I think it was flamesabers? that suggested a Silver or Gold level, or something similar. Though a membership fee (donation?, i.e. $1.00??) would get you into those areas of perks (possibly weed out spam and troll traffic, hopefully).

More input (help suggestions) please, Eve has the doors open for a rare discussion about changes to the program & picture
section..........Smile

(17-05-2016, 11:10 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Great suggestings, we've also talked about having more perks available for BN members. I think it was flamesabers? that suggested a Silver or Gold level, or something similar. Though a membership fee (donation?, i.e. $1.00??) would get you into those areas of perks (possibly weed out spam and troll traffic, hopefully).

More input (help suggestions) please, Eve has the doors open for a rare discussion about changes to the program & picture
section..........Smile

Lotus, if you remember some of the conversations we had about a year ago, I suggested that we could use the ranking system that is currently in use.... To allow more perks, Members Only section above a certain level, which would or could include the more "intimate" pictures such as full body shots or what ever a member with enough rank or privilege would have.

I think the basic layout is good, but should and could be improved. I believe I even sent a few suggestions to Eve well over a year ago and CC'd you in on them.... But since I answer so many PM's for new member's and the friends I have made here, I had to delete all of them.

I agree with the members only picture pages!

I don't know about the donation though unless there was a way to do it discreetly. A lot of us share accounts with spouses who we share bank accounts with. I don't really want my husband to know I post here.... Like he knows OF it, he just doesn't know what it's called. It would be awkward.

(17-05-2016, 11:40 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(17-05-2016, 11:10 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Great suggestings, we've also talked about having more perks available for BN members. I think it was flamesabers? that suggested a Silver or Gold level, or something similar. Though a membership fee (donation?, i.e. $1.00??) would get you into those areas of perks (possibly weed out spam and troll traffic, hopefully).

section..........Smile

Lotus, if you remember some of the conversations we had about a year ago, I suggested that we could use the ranking system that is currently in use.... To allow more perks, Members Only section above a certain level, which would or could include the more "intimate" pictures such as full body shots or what ever a member with enough rank or privilege would have.

I think the basic layout is good, but should and could be improved. I believe I even sent a few suggestions to Eve well over a year ago and CC'd you in on them.... But since I answer so many PM's for new member's and the friends I have made here, I had to delete all of them.

I think that's a great idea, although it can take some people a rather long time to reach 4 or 5 stars on the current system. But I like it, kind of like a loyalty thing, it's a good incentive for people to share their thoughts and ideas instead of just letting someone else answer even though they might have knowledge about something.

(17-05-2016, 11:40 PM)iaboy Wrote:  

section..........Smile

Ok I remember. Hindsight would be adding more pm space for BN members, as one of the perks, if thats possiblity (Eve?). But yeah, the current ranking system is a good example, (as Abi pointed out too). Though I've seen (dealt) with one spammer well into the wee hours with 60+ spam posts........nearly fell asleep towards the end, (Eve to the rescue).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon