Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why DO breasts ache in Luteal?

Exclamation 

I know that I thought I knew why.... too much estrogen??

But according to some tests ive had done my estrogen is normal if not low and progesterone is in the normal range.

So why do boobs hurt then?

(13-09-2015, 08:18 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  I know that I thought I knew why.... too much estrogen??

But according to some tests ive had done my estrogen is normal if not low and progesterone is in the normal range.

My friend, Rae, a DDD, said hers hurt at this time, too, but that beer helps a LOT. Not to get drunk (She wasn't a drinker! She'd MAYBE have one beer every few days or so.), just a single glass. I think she said it was the hops in it that helped.

(14-09-2015, 01:06 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  
(13-09-2015, 08:18 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  I know that I thought I knew why.... too much estrogen??

My friend, Rae, a DDD, said hers hurt at this time, too, but that beer helps a LOT. Not to get drunk (She wasn't a drinker! She'd MAYBE have one beer every few days or so.), just a single glass. I think she said it was the hops in it that helped.

If I weren't off booze this week I'd try it!
Stupid @##%$%* detox...

I just found this:

Causes of Premenstrual Breast Swelling and Tenderness
Fluctuating hormone levels account for most premenstrual breast swelling and tenderness. Your hormones rise and fall during a normal menstrual cycle.

The exact timing of the hormonal changes varies for each woman. Estrogen causes the breast ducts to enlarge. Progesterone production causes the milk glands to swell. Both of these events can cause your breasts to feel sore.

According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), estrogen and progesterone both increase during the second half of the cycle—days 14 to 28 in a “typical” 28-day cycle. Estrogen peaks in the middle of the cycle, while progesterone levels rise during the week before menstruation (NIH, 2010).

Medications that contain estrogen can also cause breast changes such as tenderness and swelling.

(14-09-2015, 01:42 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Stupid @##%$%* detox...

Would a few mouthfuls of beer hurt?

(14-09-2015, 07:34 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  

Stupid @##%$%* detox...

Dont influence her badly, she needs that detox:p

Stupid @##%$%* detox...

Hannah's right. I am weak... A few mouthfuls leads to two or three bottles Blush
So far one day in and no booze.

(14-09-2015, 07:37 AM)Hannah14 Wrote:  

Stupid @##%$%* detox...

Dont influence her badly, she needs that detox:p

Too right chick!

Yeh I read and read re the boob thing and it seems it mightttt be a normal thing the pain... If it's normal I don't mind cause they were a lot more perky today...

It is good to cycle some hops in. It is probably the most inexpensive herb, $3 for 100:

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Flowers-310mg-Capsules/dp/B000Z8YK6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442262029&sr=8-1&keywords=hops

(14-09-2015, 07:49 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Stupid @##%$%* detox...

Hannah's right. I am weak... A few mouthfuls leads to two or three bottles Blush
So far one day in and no booze.
I know, hun, but I just thought just one or two wouldn't hurt, especially since you just started it. You can always start tomorrow.
I know what you mean, it's like the W. C. Fields movie, "The Fatal Glass Of Beer". One drink and he's hooked REAL bad!! Trust me, I'm by NO means a drinker or booze pusher!!!! I just figured, in this case, it'd help.
Like in the "Airplane" movie, looks like you picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon