Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How a plant based diet can improve your health!

(25-07-2015, 10:14 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Hannah I hear what you are saying. I come from a culture of big meat eaters so its going to be a hard transition but I AM GOING TO TRY.

That's amazing Ella. So happy to hear that. Smile Big Grin

Peggy, I just finished my first HIIT-Pilates, and weights along with about 16 hour fasting (no food or drink) for a whole month. Something that I had never done before in my life, to the point I was concerned about passing out during my HIIT with no food or drink in my body for the last 16 hours! What strange is any time I broke my fast I only ate fruits , viggies, nuts, and some healthy crackers (whole food), along wth veggie soup. Sometimes I added one or two cage free eggs. After that I was done, I did not want aything but maybe later on more fruit and drinks. I think during the entire month I had only few times meat. again I am not vegeterian, but my body craves for plant food. Just food for thought. POM

Sounds great Pom. Smile

(25-07-2015, 11:42 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(25-07-2015, 10:17 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  But Peggy dont you eat anything coming from an animal? For example sauces with egg in it or milkpowder? And odn't you think it's difficult?

Hannah, I eat mainly fruits, veggies, rice, potatoes, quinoa, beans, lentils, sprouts, nuts and seeds, so basically only wholefoods, nothing processed except mustard and tomato sauce. No milkpowder, no sauces with eggs. And no it's really not difficult. Smile

Oh and here is the video about the hamburger:

Yuk parasites..ha ha lol. Omg its riduculous that thats in our meat, I really want to cry from it. I dont eat a lot of that kind of meat though. I never eat burgers. Most meat I eat(95%) is chicken or cow.
Since pigs eat there own poo I stopped eating that:p
Its an interesting subject Peggy, I hope your pizza will taste.. it sounds goodSmile

(26-07-2015, 12:14 AM)hannah14 Wrote:  
(25-07-2015, 11:42 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(25-07-2015, 10:17 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  But Peggy dont you eat anything coming from an animal? For example sauces with egg in it or milkpowder? And odn't you think it's difficult?

Hannah, I eat mainly fruits, veggies, rice, potatoes, quinoa, beans, lentils, sprouts, nuts and seeds, so basically only wholefoods, nothing processed except mustard and tomato sauce. No milkpowder, no sauces with eggs. And no it's really not difficult. Smile

Oh and here is the video about the hamburger:

Yuk parasites..ha ha lol. Omg its riduculous that thats in our meat, I really want to cry from it. I dont eat a lot of that kind of meat though. I never eat burgers. Most meat I eat(95%) is chicken or cow.
Since pigs eat there own poo I stopped eating that:p
Its an interesting subject Peggy, I hope your pizza will taste.. it sounds goodSmile

Lol pigs eat a their own poo . Ok I'm really REALLY glad I don't eat pork!

Gosh just saw this post on Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/5j7ftfKWBG/

This is really gross, isn't it?!

(26-07-2015, 12:44 AM)peggy Wrote:  Gosh just saw this post on Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/5j7ftfKWBG/

This is really gross, isn't it?!

Oh $&&* that's bloody aweful. Now I really don't wana touch meet again
. I wonder if dead tumours we eat might give us cancer. Shut I want to go vomit now.

I think humans are compatible with being vegetarian or omnivores. We're not compatible with getting most of our calories from animal derived foods. Eggs or dairy seems to be required for B12, then there are supplements which are new. Also, organic doesn't have the same meaning as cruelty free. A diet with a lot of plant based foods is a healthy one. Fruits are actually made for people to eat; fruitarians are said to get full protein from fruits, since the small amounts in each fruit add up. We don't believe that plants feel pain, but they do sense touch and the environment around them. The mimosa plant has been studied to produce it's own electric signal for its leaves to respond.

(26-07-2015, 04:17 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  I think humans are compatible with being vegetarian or omnivores. We're not compatible with getting most of our calories from animal derived foods. Eggs or dairy seems to be required for B12, then there are supplements which are new. Also, organic doesn't have the same meaning as cruelty free. A diet with a lot of plant based foods is a healthy one. Fruits are actually made for people to eat; fruitarians are said to get full protein from fruits, since the small amounts in each fruit add up. We don't believe that plants feel pain, but they do sense touch and the environment around them. The mimosa plant has been studied to produce it's own electric signal for its leaves to respond.

That's interest ing lovely. Would fruitarians be consuming too much plant sugar? Do fruits have the same digestive enzym capabilities as greens?

I also wonder if green powders are helpful too when you can't have access to much greens??

(26-07-2015, 04:31 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  That's interest ing lovely. Would fruitarians be consuming too much plant sugar? Do fruits have the same digestive enzym capabilities as greens?

I also wonder if green powders are helpful too when you can't have access to much greens??

Unrefined sugars that come with vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytonutrients from foods usually don't cause an excess of sugars. Some argue that fruit juices, while typically healthy can cause an excess of weight gain. The only problem would be lack of fats in comparison to sugars. For fats, there's avocados, nuts, seeds, coconuts, chocolates? or olive derived foods. So a fruitarian has to take advantage of foods from different parts of the world to get balanced nutrition. Usually, people who eat mostly fruits age slowly.

Pineapples have strong digestive enzymes. Papayas have digestive enzymes too. I don't know about other fruits.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon