Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weight gain discussion

hannah, just have a healthy and happy diet and exercise. That's all you need. Of course meditation too. <3 POM

(07-06-2015, 02:35 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  But I dont know if apatic,tired,lethhargical behaviour is related to too much estrogen, but if so thats def. my problem!
I feel so tired and it can happen any moment to me, Its like I am sitting feeling okay and then just fall asleep to wake up 15 minutes later and feel better..and then an hour or so later the same thing is happening again.

Do you eat enough healthy carbs? Every cell in your body runs on glucose and if you don't get enough carbs to provide enough glucose to your cells you will feel tired, unconcentrated and exhausted. If you are not supplying your body with enough carb calories, your body will start to lack glucose, and a lack of glucose will mean not enough fuel for your brain. When that happens you may feel dizzy or get headaches. The cure in this situation is to carb up. Give your body all the fuel it needs and you'll thrive. I speak about healthy carbs, like lots of fruits, rice, potatoes, quinoa, sweet potatoes etc. and not cookies made from refined sugar, dairy and fat.

(07-06-2015, 04:46 PM)peggy Wrote:  
(07-06-2015, 02:35 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  But I dont know if apatic,tired,lethhargical behaviour is related to too much estrogen, but if so thats def. my problem!
I feel so tired and it can happen any moment to me, Its like I am sitting feeling okay and then just fall asleep to wake up 15 minutes later and feel better..and then an hour or so later the same thing is happening again.

Do you eat enough healthy carbs? Every cell in your body runs on glucose and if you don't get enough carbs to provide enough glucose to your cells you will feel tired, unconcentrated and exhausted. If you are not supplying your body with enough carb calories, your body will start to lack glucose, and a lack of glucose will mean not enough fuel for your brain. When that happens you may feel dizzy or get headaches. The cure in this situation is to carb up. Give your body all the fuel it needs and you'll thrive. I speak about healthy carbs, like lots of fruits, rice, potatoes, quinoa, sweet potatoes etc. and not cookies made from refined sugar, dairy and fat.

I started feeling weak and lethargic yesterday so I made a banana toasted sandwich on gluten free bread with some maple syrup. I felt better after I ate almost immediately so don't know if it was the food per say or the maple syrup, maybe I needed a sugar boost Huh

https://www.google.co.nz/#q=fennel+estro...ogesterone
Maybe have a browse through this and see if anything jumps out.

Hows your iron? I find often I get tired, short of breath and I know I need an iron boost but ive always had low iron readings. On the flip side you don't want to take too much iron either if you have enough.
They check B12 too if you present with tiredness from memory when you get bloods done. With that said go with your gut too, if you've just introduced something and don't feel right then stop it.

Great discussion here. I have definitely found that I get cravings for carbs and protein and sometimes I too feel week until I have some sugar and maybe even some iron. I was suffering from very dry skin for several months ( it doesn't help that I live in such a dry place with my thirsty African skin) and my lips were causing me distress, cracked and bleeding even though I was propping up the non-petroleum lip balm market. I got so desperate I look it up. Within hours, I was at the department store. I bought almond milk hand cream since I decided that my lips needed something more moist than waxy. I also bought B vitamins because B vitamin lack can be indicated by excessively dry lips. Then I found out that B vitamins could help with lots of other things and people are often lacking it, even with a multiple.

Hi everybody, thanks for the reply's!
I quit licorice about 3 days ago and I just feel it goes better everyday. The lethargical feeling slowly went away. Its still there especially the muscle weakness.
BUt I've been doing more extensive research on the Licorice and found out that it can lead to low potassium levels which can cause this:
(It also does something with a certain hormone, ''aldosteron'' or something like that)

Low potassium levels therefore lead to fluid inbalance and interruption of nerve transmission. The end results of licorice overdose are high blood pressure, muscle cramping, muscle pain, muscle weakness, heart arrhythmias, constipation, impaired breathing, and even paralysis and heart failure. If caught in time, taking potassium supplements and avoiding licorice can quickly return the body to healthy functioning.

I've been looking t other websites as well where they spoke about lehtargical feelings, which I had.

The days I spoke about when I was very tired I could barely carry a plate off food with my arms...(muscle weakness) So this must have been happening to me... The past days I ate well and I slept like a rose and I feel much better already.. Still having muscle weakness though butmuch less worse.
As I'm trying to gain weight and beeing healthy I knew It couldnt been low iron or not enough carbs! BUt thanks everybody for thinking along with me!Smile

** BTW in the beginning of my thread I spoke about the spearmint made me calm, BUT I was also taking LIcorice Root and this was causing me this extreme calmness/relaxed feeling, Which went worse and worse in time.. And then leaded to this explosion off tiredness, and I indeed almost felt paralyzed. I mean damn, that I didnt noticed that..SCary. But the signals were there.. Happy I know it now.

(07-06-2015, 08:08 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(07-06-2015, 04:46 PM)peggy Wrote:  

I started feeling weak and lethargic yesterday so I made a banana toasted sandwich on gluten free bread with some maple syrup. I felt better after I ate almost immediately so don't know if it was the food per say or the maple syrup, maybe I needed a sugar boost Huh

https://www.google.co.nz/#q=fennel+estro...ogesterone
Maybe have a browse through this and see if anything jumps out.

I cant open your link Ella..Sad

For anybody who's interested I have a good link with lots off information and researc about LIcorice.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3498851/

I found out that there its not really so to say what the safe doses for Licorice is. Because it depends on several factors..for example how Licorice is getting absorbed in the intestines. But also about how much cortisol and cortihydroson or something like that, and one inhibiting the other but those are very complicated ''Lotus'' parts for me.
They say that 60-70 mg daily is the limit BUT I just took the tea sometimes 2 a day sometimes none but for the least about every other day. The tea was a mix with only 25-30% Licorice in it..so I probly did not even took the max. dose.

They also talk about a ''guinea pig'' who had a nerve thing/paralysis in her face and recoverd 5 months later. They had more off these examples with complications but everybody(luckily) recovered. Some needed potassium replacement to recover. Maybe therefore I'm feeling much better because I did a lemon detox today and yesterday ---> Lemons contain Potassium.

I am so glad that you are feeling better, and found out what the problem was. Thanks so much for info on Licorice. Banana also has a lot of potassium. <3 POM

(09-06-2015, 03:16 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  For anybody who's interested I have a good link with lots off information and researc about LIcorice.

I found out that there its not really so to say what the safe doses for Licorice is. Because it depends on several factors..for example how Licorice is getting absorbed in the intestines. But also about how much cortisol and cortihydroson or something like that, and one inhibiting the other but those are very complicated ''Lotus'' parts for me.
They say that 60-70 mg daily is the limit BUT I just took the tea sometimes 2 a day sometimes none but for the least about every other day. The tea was a mix with only 25-30% Licorice in it..so I probly did not even took the max. dose.

They also talk about a ''guinea pig'' who had a nerve thing/paralysis in her face and recoverd 5 months later. They had more off these examples with complications but everybody(luckily) recovered. Some needed potassium replacement to recover. Maybe therefore I'm feeling much better because I did a lemon detox today and yesterday ---> Lemons contain Potassium.
Yeh I thought you said you were only taking the tea and in which case it shouldn't have contained that much licorice, theres a licorice (dgl) where the part that ups your blood pressure is removed. That supplement I have been taking contains 350mgs per pill Shy but it is DGL licorice. Either way it just goes to show how dangerous it and other herbs can be.

(09-06-2015, 08:00 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(09-06-2015, 03:16 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  For anybody who's interested I have a good link with lots off information and researc about LIcorice.

Yeh I thought you said you were only taking the tea and in which case it shouldn't have contained that much licorice, theres a licorice (dgl) where the part that ups your blood pressure is removed. That supplement I have been taking contains 350mgs per pill Shy but it is DGL licorice. Either way it just goes to show how dangerous it and other herbs can be.

Yes I only took the tea..it was no supplement. It only wasnt the purpose to use it for too long but it just tasted so nice and it felt innocent.. My own mistake. But indeed the bloody herbs are not so innocent..
I have respect for the daredevils who take BO, if I read what side-effects that can give.
I also read about the DGL licorice, but read that dgl licorice isnt used for medicinal purpose..So I dont know if its less effective then natural licorice....
Anyhow, since I still have a lot off the tea I'll continue using it only wiht another approachShy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon