Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weight gain discussion

Since I am trying to gain weight for quite a long period and things are going a bit to slow for me I wondered If maybe I am doing something wrong and I started doubting about how much(portion size) to eat.. What is normal?
So maybe we can compare what we eat? I would like any answers about whatever kind off food habits and ofcourse your height and weight along with it..Smile

This is what I do a day:

Breakfast: 2 slices of white bread with a mug of soup and 1 slice off cheese or tuna or 2 slices of sausage.

Lunch: Again two slices off bread with cheese,tuna or sausage.

Dinner: Lots off carbohydrates(mostly rice or fries) about 30 tablespoons or a big plate half filled.(its really a lot, my dinner)
The other half is filled with veggies, most off the times i eat raw salad,cucumber,tomatoes pepper bells,olives,eggs,sellery,carrots) with some lemon juice on top. ANd a piece off meat.

In between snacks:
about a mug off yoghurt,custard or curds.
AND Some chips or cookies or a little piece off chocolate about the size off a snicker. Or some dried fruits and a hand full off nuts.
PLUS 1 sometimes 2 pieces off fruit.
And 1 protein shake.
And my vitamin supplements: multivitamin creatine sometimes some other few things.

For me this is a lot off food, but I was used to a quite anorexic kind off diet in my past so maybe Its still not enough even though I eat so much that my belly feels like exploding.

So I really need opinions from others here or even better what do you eat a day?

My lenght and weight are:
Height: 1, 70 cm and about 66 inch or 5,5 feet.
Weight: 52 kg or 114.6 LBS.

Thank you for answering if you do!

Im keen to join this.
il update my stats after work

Ps i "think" im 173 ish tall and 56-57kgs in weight aiming for 59-60.

I was told yesterday to keep carbs up including fruit veg and pastas breads etc along with some protein with each meal to stop insulin spikes or something to that effect.
Also lots og food fats and nuts and to cut down stimulants.

I have gluten free weetbix berries and flaxmeal with some probiotic youghurt and 3 coffees.. yeah i said it THREE . Getting some organic decaf water extracted today.

Lunch is sushi and or gluten free bread and banana or a pita filled with veggies and small amount of meat.

Sncks are fruit and nuts.

Dinner WAS beans for protein (but they exagerate my gas problems) so now chicken fish or lamb with either salad or steamed veg.

Follow up with some teas or miso after tea.

Im going to now add some gluten free pasta or kumaravwith each meal now in an attempt to gain more weight.

Might experiment with fenugreek sprouts in the hope of weight gain or increased appetite.

Also experimenting with degestive enzymes for food assimulation snd picked up some "alka vita" which is touted to be a miracle alkalising supplement.

Green smoothies MAKE ME ILL!

My auyerveduc dosha is vatta so according to that i should avoid raw veggies and thrive on dairy. This also coincides with my blood type diet BUT my hair food allergy hair analysis states im lactose intolerant!

Sorry thats my ramble for now..

I do teas as well: Fennel, Spearmint and Cinnamon what is miso with tea if I may ask? And 2 cups off coffee at b.fast, I forgot to mention and sometimes I even drink red bullBlush
And I never heard off kumaravwith what is it? Might research tomorrow if I have more private timeTongue
Thanks for responding.. and the green smoothies illness is that about diarrhea?Sad Sorry for the growsness..
I had that with my weird carrot apple and berrie smoothie..lol.

(12-05-2015, 11:58 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  I do teas as well: Fennel, Spearmint and Cinnamon what is miso with tea if I may ask? And 2 cups off coffee at b.fast, I forgot to mention and sometimes I even drink red bullBlush
And I never heard off kumaravwith what is it? Might research tomorrow if I have more private timeTongue
Thanks for responding.. and the green smoothies illness is that about diarrhea?Sad Sorry for the growsness..
I had that with my weird carrot apple and berrie smoothie..lol.

miso soup is fermented soybeans.
I get non gmo organic miso. Good for tummy.
Kumara could be "sweet potato" for you guys but sweet potato doesn't have the inflammatory nightshade effect so better for you.

The green smoothies started making me gag trying to drink them and then the BLOATING trying to digest them omg.. I may steam or just have greens in salads now.

I'm surprised at your weight Hannah cause we are almost the same height and I would have thought the rice would have you gaining more, sounds like you eat good

Oh no gagging, I have that with protein shakes and so bloated as well, its a bit growse but I continue using it..Its Hellish but alright we need it. My dietist told me as well to take protein with carbs(first carbs then protein)
Only his reason was for building and repairing muscle loss.
Yeh my weight is shocking I might even be 3 cms taller then 1,70 and today I even weigt 51.6 Its so fluctuating that its making me confused, 2 months ago i was 54, I just reached that point and wanted to celebrate it because that was a big deal for me. But I'm back down under again:p
It might be because I smoke or because I eat my snacks(all off them)in the evening..
I am interested in what you said about that alkalising supplement, I only cnat translate what ''food assimulation'' is? Does it promote digestion?
Some off my problems might be there according to my toilet-bowl studiesBlush

(13-05-2015, 02:35 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  Oh no gagging, I have that with protein shakes and so bloated as well, its a bit growse but I continue using it..Its Hellish but alright we need it. My dietist told me as well to take protein with carbs(first carbs then protein)
Yeh my weight is shocking I might even be 3 cms taller then 1,70 and today I even weigt 51.6 Its so fluctuating that its making me confused, 2 months ago i was 54, I just reached that point and wanted to celebrate it because that was a big deal for me. But I'm back down under again:p
It might be because I smoke or because I eat my snacks(all off them)in the evening..
I am interested in what you said about that alkalising supplement, I only cnat translate what ''food assimulation'' is? Does it promote digestion?

Whats toilet bowl studies??

Sorry was typing on my phone, I meant assimilation, I take digestive enzymes to help break down food and alleviate gas/bloating - goodness only knows if I need them or not but I take them anyway cause of my bad habits, caffeine/wine etc.

Alka vita - ok il find you a link
http://alkavita.co.nz/alka-vita

PS you wouldn't need this at your age unless you get ph strips and consistently get a high acid reading. My ph levels are ok in the mornings but after my morning coffees and white rice bla bla my readings get pretty acidic which isn't good.

Was going to quit coffee this morning but here I am again having my second coffee with full cream milk Sad im definitely quitting wine today tough- quitting as in not having my daily wind down wines anymore *sobs*

PS I had to use a 1.5mtr measuring tape and double up but my height came in at 168cm and weigh 56.8 as at this morning.

I just had to chime in about that gagging. Hahaha. I used to gag on the protein shakes, years ago when I used BO. I sometimes had to practically beat myself to swallow them. My face would twitch, too. It was actually almost painful. I learned a "tapping technique." It was to think of something I liked and check the rythym by tapping my leg. My response was to tap my leg very slowly and sluggishly for the shakes and fast and enthusiastically for my yummies. So, I learned to sit down and tap my leg quickly to drink the shakes. I got so good at those shakes, I was doing 2 per day (to gain) and my butt acually became box shaped- SQUARE! I could almost not get into my pants and my waist was itty bitty. I was like, "Do you see this?!" My husband was like, "Dang! I thought your butt was voluptuous before!" I soon dropped down to one shake because I am quite pear shaped anyway and it went away, thank goodness! This NBE journey is just too interesting, sometimes.

(13-05-2015, 07:57 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(13-05-2015, 02:35 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  Oh no gagging, I have that with protein shakes and so bloated as well, its a bit growse but I continue using it..Its Hellish but alright we need it. My dietist told me as well to take protein with carbs(first carbs then protein)

Whats toilet bowl studies??

Sorry was typing on my phone, I meant assimilation, I take digestive enzymes to help break down food and alleviate gas/bloating - goodness only knows if I need them or not but I take them anyway cause of my bad habits, caffeine/wine etc.

Alka vita - ok il find you a link
http://alkavita.co.nz/alka-vita

PS you wouldn't need this at your age unless you get ph strips and consistently get a high acid reading. My ph levels are ok in the mornings but after my morning coffees and white rice bla bla my readings get pretty acidic which isn't good.

Was going to quit coffee this morning but here I am again having my second coffee with full cream milk Sad im definitely quitting wine today tough- quitting as in not having my daily wind down wines anymore *sobs*

I meant with ''toilet-bowl studies'' that after I went to the toilet I sometimes see that things didn't digest that well..Especially raw veggies, And then sometimes I think that I dont gain so well because off a bad digestion.. And maybe all these healthy things I'm trying to eat dont absorb fully.. But these enzymes..does these help digestion or are they only meant for alkalisation?

I drink some booze here and there and I'll just continue doing that, come on we have to have a life here!Tongue And alcohol can be helpful with gaining..

I'm going to buy peanut butter as well, better for me to not eat it with bananas like you because I think it will work laxative on me..
And I will add full cream again to my protein shakes.

And this is so weird: 2 days ago I weigted 51 and today I am 52,5!!Huh
Note: I already went to the toilet for you know what..so its real weight gain to me.. But maybe tomorrow I could be 51,5... Its so fluctuating..
Do you experience weight fluctuations as well?

But your weight is going to the good number.. Is your goal coming into the 60's as well?

Oh and for anybody who's curious about ho much protein we can process I have the correct numbers here: 30 grams which is about 2 scoops off protein powder or a piece off meat per 3-4 hours.
Since yesterday I'm going to keep it up again and not just take 1 protein shake a day but every 3 hours the full 30 grams.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon