Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bovine Ovary & our skin?

I only have very minor skin issues and I've been on BO for almost a year. By minor I mean 1-2 spots on my chin once / month. That being said, this is the most acne I've ever had in my life so I'm not acne prone.

Wishin , are you taking DIM?
Me thinks that's a hormone overload once a month and that supplementing with DIM could resolve it.

(20-11-2014, 08:02 AM)NattyTooty Wrote:  I'm taking BO, placenta, msm, collagen, b complex, progesterone, pituitary, and I feel the progesterone has caused more skin issues than the b. Since progesterone increases sebum. It's more of clogged pores than anything. I've started exfoliating and my issues are clearing up. They are very far and few between. My pores are much smaller now than before I started nbe. Hope this helps. Ps I was on spearmint for awhile didn't notice a huge difference for my skin so I stopped. It did help with my digestion though.

Have you noticed changes in your chest? Smile that is a lot of hormones and supplements to be taking! I bet they're working lol -- I'm drinking spearmint tea to lower my androgens, its helping! I am thinking it didnt work for you because, maybe, you didnt need to lower or block your androgens or male hormones.

(20-11-2014, 05:00 PM)hannah14 Wrote:  I would like to try BO too.. but i'm so scared. I really dont want acne or excess hair growth since i've been there before.
Its hard to take a risk.. boobs or skin?

I feel the exact same way! But I will always choose my skin over anything. I am really into skin care and think its important to take care of your body, inside and out! your skin is a reflection of your health!

I am just wondering if getting off of BO, the side effects would stop? this way, taking BO and noticing any skin implications, we can stop.. before it gets any worse!

but since BO changes your hormones so much, and puts you back into puberty mode, I am worried it might just stay, or have a hard time getting rid of the side effect :/

(20-11-2014, 06:33 PM)Sunny68 Wrote:  Took BO (Ultra Breast) for three months about four years ago - no skin issues back then.

Right now, I have been taking Swanson's BO, Pituitary, Multi Glandular and Thyroid for nearly two months and have not had any issues either.

Hair growth on my body has slowed down (wasn't sure in the beginning, but now, after nearly two months, I know for sure...).

Hope this helps and happy growing to all! Smile

really? this sounds awesome ^^ Do you like Swansons BO better than Ultra Breast?

Which supplement do you think has helped you with your body hair the most? do you think it was from BO or maybe one of the other 3?

thanks so much for your input! ^^

(20-11-2014, 10:53 PM)Beckiee Wrote:  Wishin , are you taking DIM?
Me thinks that's a hormone overload once a month and that supplementing with DIM could resolve it.

Beckiee, what is DIM?

this seemed to help!

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1O93B44RWV..._rtr_alt_5

(21-11-2014, 06:14 AM)missboobshirt Wrote:  really? this sounds awesome ^^ Do you like Swansons BO better than Ultra Breast?

Which supplement do you think has helped you with your body hair the most? do you think it was from BO or maybe one of the other 3?

thanks so much for your input! ^^

Hi missboobshirt!

For me, UltraBreast worked very well back then - I ordered Swanson's this time as I wanted to add other glandulars for overall glandular boost, ordering everything at one place saved me some shipping $$.

I cannot say whether it is the BO only or the combination of glandular supplements which is causing the slower/thinner hair growth on my body, but it sure was a positive surprise Big Grin I cannot remember any change in hair growth when taking UB - I might have shaved at that time though (instead of sugaring, which I do now), so changes would not have been that obvious, as I would have shaved every day/every other day anyway.

(20-11-2014, 10:53 PM)Beckiee Wrote:  Wishin , are you taking DIM?

No, I haven't experimented with that yet. When I first started my testosterone did raise too quickly and I had acne issues. I started drinking spearmint tea and it evened out very quickly. Now as I said it's maybe one / month which isn't enough for me to worry about changing my program.

Like Natty I'm taking BO, placenta, msm, collagen, progesterone & pituitary. It seems to be striking a good balance for me.

I hadn't considered the taking of progesterone cream.
that would definitely help even out the estrogen.(:
If you (or anyone else reading this) were to take it without PC, I would advice investing in some DIM.
(:
Your program sounds well balanced.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon