Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Corset Training Thread

(04-10-2013, 02:43 PM)Doll Wrote:  Thanks for your concern, but I definitely work my back every time I work my abs. Smile My ab workouts at the gym actually work my back muscles almost as much as they work the abdominals, and I do seperate back workouts as well that specifically target the back. Because of that, my back has kept the curvy back shape that my corset gave me originally; I no longer hunch over. I've just found that corsetting and building muscle together help the best at keeping my pain to a minimum.

Well good! Honestly based on what you wrote in your post above, it came off like you were only working your abs... as you mentioned only working your abs, and that you assumed your back would get better from working out your abs. No mention of back exercises. Threw me off, I admit.

Anyways, it's good to hear that is not the case! It is true that a strong back makes a good posture Smile

Also, excited for you to have finally gotten your 20" corset! I know this was a long-awaited moment for you Wink

hey doll
wow it's motivating to know that u got some results
I wonder why u don't want more feminize
which brand do u recommend me to use??

(14-12-2012, 04:50 AM)CocoChanel Wrote:  Hi Doll I was wondering have you purchase any corset from corset-story.com? I saw that you mention it before awhile back. I find that they are reasonable especially for waist training corset. If not which site would you recommend?

My wife has purchased from Corset-Story- the quality is great. Just make sure you get one with steel bones. I've also returned some to them and had no problem getting a refund. Sometimes they have major sales and you can get some waist training corsets for as low as $40. But I haven't purchased from any place else for comparison purposes.

this thread has been so interesting. i've never had a real corset ..the kind you can adjust with cord ..just a waist cincher from squeam which i do like. that is, it's snug but can't get any tighter which sucketh but which hath not yet casteth me in despair to the depth of my soul. yeah, that last little part was unnecessary. i wasn't really thinking about the tightening thing when i bought it a few years ago. oh well, now i know. squeam got a little bad press earlier in the thread but i have to say mine has held up pretty well. this is the one i got http://www.classicshapewear.com/squeem-p...-2337.html next one i get will be a corded one i can tie.

after reading through everyone's posts and a few allusions made to ribcage and muscle toning, it reminded me of someone's post i bookmarked a few years ago cuz i found it an interesting one and i thought it might be of interest to someone who might be reading here. basically, the post kinda indirecctly suggests that over time our ribcage can over-expand because the various muscle groups that support the ribcage can get weak. she says she has a large ribcage and talks about how she strengthens these muscles to reduce, somewhat. i started doing these, too, and my underbust size decreased nearly 1.5 inches and that was before i ever bought the squeem. consequently, my waist reduced too, if just a bit. if you scroll halfway down the page, it's post #54 by amandagg. http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/wei...one/page/2 it may be a little out in left field but thought it might be of interest, nonetheless, cuz it's all part of the anatomical package. anyway, i've been reading quite a bit, here. i got lost once and it took me two days to find where it was i had been reading. seriously, there's so much here.

there's something else i wanted to mention cuz this thread made me want to mention it and that is something i was inspired to do after watching a video. i'd really have to look hard to find the video again, but basically, the lady was talking about sliming the waist and was showing pictures of girls who had been doing a lot of heavy abdominal work. anyway, she was saying a little bit of that was good but not too much cuz it builds muscle and then your waist starts to look a bit more beefy which sort of defeats the purpose to reduce the waist, sooo, she demonstrated what she did to accomplish a smaller and tighter waist. it was like a blend of yoga and slow motion snake dancing or tai chi or whatever but her movements were very fluid and continuous. it looked like yoga but it's also like a hallucinogenic slow motion gymnastic dance where you're moving from one position to the next and back and all the while one muscle group gives way to the next and then releases as the next position tenses another group and so on but your movements are nice and even and somewhat slow and mostly movements that worked the torso and waist. uummm, if i find it, i'll post. hope everyone finds a little love at thanksgiving.

Solome, thanks so much for adding this to the corset thread. I checked out the second link and I have a lot to say about it, as the lady has the right IDEA but not entirely the best method. But it is true that you can pull in your waist from the sides with certain exercises that strengthen the core (which is what I just started doing myself). My internet is down at my house and I only can view these posts in my phone atm so I will give my assessment of the points made as soon as I am able. As I said, you've got the right idea but some things could use some clarifying Wink

Thanks Timarie that would be useful to us all. I used to just hold my waist in tight like stomach vacuum for years and the muscles stayed that way.

I actually got a custom corset made with a woman in UK cost of £200 in total. I have a 23 inch waist but want to aim for 19-20 to see if I can as I am straight up and down.

I don't like a big bum on me so I don't want to increase size of that. I got a closed front corset and a template made beforehand. BUT I am so so with what I got as the corsetter just didn't want to fix an issue I had with the twisting of bones at the laces and flaring at hips. BUT when I tighten down it looks lovely. Except I can't breathe and need to tighten top and bottom and middle then pull out middle.

Do you think it is possible to train lower abdo to stick in? As corset wants to push it down and under!

Thanks to my lack off will power and a ton of holiday food.... I'm back wearing my corsets 24/7.... except when I play hockey... and bathe..... I feel that it helps me control my eating.... since I know if I eat too much I will be in pain! lol.... like to get by weight down 10 pounds and my waist to 26"....

Any updates from any of you girls would be appreciated, Ive been doing a ton of reading on this subject and Im about ready to buy one and get startedWink

Thanks to all that posted in this thread its been a great help in trying to figure out what I need to orderBlush

I got three from here at reasonable prices, cant wait to try em Smile

http://www.corset-story.com/waist-traini...3-azx.html

http://www.corset-story.com/black-brocad...d-573.html

http://www.corset-story.com/black-underb...d-223.html

The first one might be ok for tight lacing... the second one has too many decorations... is that a zipper on the third one? zippers wont last.... even ones that look good will come apart after a flew months tight lacing... I typically spend between $100 and 200 to get a good sturdy one....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon