Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How does it work?

Esther, that sounds like estrogen only is not really an option for you since you had such negative side effects from the herbs and felt better taking progesterone. I would observe how the progesterone affects you just a little longer if I were you and if you continue to feel better you might wanna try BO. I believe that's actually what Mel (itsjust4fun91) did. She used progesterone cream and started on BO later and it worked foer her. Mel, you might wanna correct me if I'm wrong.
Just taking estrogen is not good if you have endometriosis since estrogen stimulates proliferation of the endometrium. I guess that would lead to more pain. And since BO contains both (progesterone does the opposite) it would probably be better. I guess that herbs and porgesterone cream could also work for you (but that's just in theory). Did you try the herbs while on progesterone?
I thought about trying BO a while ago but since I have too much progesterone and I didn't find anything about the exact progesterone content during a research on BO I think I'm not gonna try it.

(15-04-2010, 02:26 PM)Suri Wrote:  I guess that herbs and porgesterone cream could also work for you (but that's just in theory). Did you try the herbs while on progesterone?
I thought about trying BO a while ago but since I have too much progesterone and I didn't find anything about the exact progesterone content during a research on BO I think I'm not gonna try it.

I haven't tried herbs with progesterone. When I started the herbs I did some research and, if memory serves me right, I read somewhere that the intake of phytoestrogens combined with progesterone could cause cancer (or increase the risk of cancer). I don't know if that theory would only go for 'chemical progesterone' or also for natural progesterone, but still...
It is too bad that not more solid studies are done concerning BO. I have mailed several sellers, but so far I haven't gotten any real info on the glandular products. It's a shame actually, since these products obviously work for so many women...they could reach a bigger crowd if they would back up their products with science and more 'serious' research. Like you said, a lot of it remains unclear and shady.

Suri, do you already have a program? Or are you still researching?

Where did you find the info that herbs combined with progesterone are supposed to increase the risk of cancer. That doesn't make sense to me. Was it just based on mere assumptions or was there any actual proof backing it up?

After researching for a long time I was actually about to start a program. But I've come across something recently which might help me to balance my hormones out. I have no clue if this is going to work since the approach is rather unusual and if it works it might take me a long time. But on the other hand the most important thing for NBE is hormonal balance and a stable cycle.
I've never had a regular cycle in ten years (when I was not taking bcp) and I know that I am low in estrogen, have elevated progesterone and sometimes elevated androgens.

Some conditions like congenital adrenal hyperplasia (the late-onset type) were already ruled out. There doesn't seem to be a pathological cause for it (like some defect) and I'm really happy about that.
I think it has something to do with my glucose metabolism. I'm trying to sort this out first.
If you have a hormonal imbalance you can still achieve growth with a certain method but you might respond a lot slower and the results might be hard to keep. If you don't have the hormonal profile for larger breasts and you grow breasts with whatever method you're kind of constantly struggeling against the "natural force" of your own body.
That's why some people grow breasts more easily and their results are more permanent. Look at Cheryl. She has a hormonal imbalance (lack of testosterone and high estrogen) that actually contributed to her growth. Now she's got amazing results despite being a biological male. But her success is also unique in the same sense. Because if any biological female was suffering from the same imbalances she would most likely already have large breasts because of it.

Either way hormones are a vital part of the equation and I feel that I won't have much success unless I take care of that problem first! I don't have a real program right now but I'm drinking some teas and doing some massaging in the meantime. And of course doing more research Wink

Suri wrote: The pituitary typically contains other hormones as well. One example is ACTH which will in turn stimulate the adrenal glands to produce cortisol and other corticosteroids. While this might be good if you're suffering from adrenal fatigue, it might be bad if you already have stress hormone levels that are quite high. And again we don't know in what quantities and ratios these hormones occur.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this post was written a while ago but I wanted to get some clarification, if anyone knows the answer. I already know that the amount of pituitary substance in BB is not given. I cannot find it anywhere on this forum or on the BB website. I have emailed the company but they have yet to email me back.

I am basically sold on BB except for the fact that it contains pituitary glandular. This makes me nervous because I recently had my hormones tested and found out I have high levels of stress hormones. Not cortisol ironically but other glucocorticoids. This didn't come as a shock to me because I am a very high strung person with a lot of adrenaline rushing through my veins. I have always been this way. I already have heart palpitations from stress. Taking magnesium has been a huge help, but I don't want to put something into my body that is going to give me those symptoms again or make them worse.:s

I guess my question is in your post were you referring to taking pituitary glandular separately like in addition to generic BO or any pituitary substance in general?

Thank you for any answers or advice.Shy
Marie

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon