Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does Saw Palmetto lower testosterone AND estrogen?

There's an old thread on the forum about this topic but the matter hasn't really been cleared and other ladies were/are still also confused:

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=25689

Saw Palmetto does lower testosterone/DHT but apparently it also lowers estrogen. If this is the case, I don't see how it would be effective for NBE? Maybe it's more for women who are estrogen dominant? 

Anyone took/taking saw palmetto? Please share your thoughts.

I am taking SP that is in the Greenbrush pills I'm currently taking. This is a good point and something that's confused me. I'd love to hear others thoughts on it.

This is what I was hunting for. And this is suspect is how it enlargen breasts. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_palmet...or=#222222]It is said to enlarge wasted organs, as the breasts, ovaries, and testicles, while the paradoxical claim is also made that it reduces hypertrophy of the prostate. Possibly this may be explained by claiming that it tends toward the production of a normal condition, reducing parts when unhealthily enlarged, and increasing them when atrophied.[/color][4]

It lowers estrogen, and it lowers DHT. It raises free testosterone, and LH.

(13-04-2017, 05:05 AM)Lovely-Dynseli Wrote:  It lowers estrogen, and it lowers DHT. It raises free testosterone, and LH.

How do YOU see SP playing into breast enlargement? Does it lower estrogen overall, not specific estrogen, ie estriol or estradiol etc
Does free testosterone turn "into" estrogen?
Thanks ( i cant even pretend to know how all this ties in together)

Ive heard SP acts as a tonic to unwell people to help with weight gain etc. So clearly its a source of good nutrition. Also many complain of cellulite (possible sudden overall weight gain or fatty acids rich?)

For me the day AFTER i take SP i get pimples ( and i rarely get pimples) so what is the hormonal implications of this?

Thanks..

Thank you Arwen, Ella and Lovely-Dynseli for your replies 

Lovely-Dynseli, the fact that SP lowers estrogen and increases free testosterone doesn't sound very good for NBE.....what do you think? Like Ella asked, does the free T turn into E (or would one have to take a pro-aromatase??). 

Ella, I've also read about many women complaining that it made them gain weight and gave them cellulite. As for pimples, many ladies with PCOS or acne sufferers say their acne was cured thanks to SP. Maybe they had high DHT and the SP lowered it, improving their skin. Yet I think increasing free testosterone (which SP also does...), would increase sebum production and maybe this is why you get pimples with SP?? Very confusing.

(13-04-2017, 12:53 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Thank you Arwen, Ella and Lovely-Dynseli for your replies 

Lovely-Dynseli, the fact that SP lowers estrogen and increases free testosterone doesn't sound very good for NBE.....what do you think? Like Ella asked, does the free T turn into E (or would one have to take a pro-aromatase??). 

Ella, I've also read about many women complaining that it made them gain weight and gave them cellulite. As for pimples, many ladies with PCOS or acne sufferers say their e was cured thanks to SP. Maybe they had high DHT and the SP lowered it, improving their skin. Yet I think increasing free testosterone (which SP also does...), would increase sebum production and maybe this is why you get pimples with SP?? Very confusing.

Yeh its a tough one.
The women who did go up in cup size with SP perhaps gained elsewhere but were so focused on their breasts they never noticed...
Ive gained a "little" weight lately and i noticed im getting cellulite so it doesnt take much.
I read through the old link you posted. I always thought women did so well in the "old breast nexus" files. Where they usd fenugreek fennel SP etc etc. Thats not to say they were any beter off hormone wise for it but it just stuck out to me..

SP was used to treat breast disorders historically so i want to now which ones... More googling

I still don't get it. Saw Palmetto lowers DHT (pretty good for NBE) and it lowers estrogen too (not so good, unless you are estrogen dominant of course). Then how come so many women seem to have grown from taking saw palmetto? Now that I come to think of it though, I haven't really read about anyone growing from taking saw palmetto alone so maybe that's why they got positive results? By taking other herbs that raises estrogen, then saw palmetto is effective for NBE perhaps.
Yes, Ella I also noticed how many women got such great results in the older posts with these kind of herbs. Did you see anyone grow from SP alone?

(29-05-2017, 06:17 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  I still don't get it. Saw Palmetto lowers DHT (pretty good for NBE) and it lowers estrogen too (not so good, unless you are estrogen dominant of course). Then how come so many women seem to have grown from taking saw palmetto? Now that I come to think of it though, I haven't really read about anyone growing from taking saw palmetto alone so maybe that's why they got positive results? By taking other herbs that raises estrogen, then saw palmetto is effective for NBE perhaps.
Yes, Ella I also noticed how many women got such great results in the older posts with these kind of herbs. Did you see anyone grow from SP alone?

Have a read of this... In essence i think THIS is why SP helps "some" women grow...
There is also the fact i found a few times SP can enlarge wasted organs such as breasts ovaries. Dont ask me to elaborate lol Its what I've read and I cant explain it.
https://books.google.co.nz/books?id=eRrrCgAAQBAJ&pg=PT372&lpg=PT372&dq=saw+palmetto+convalescent&source=bl&ots=0B2u52SCQa&sig=70fkC97rxlOLyhEZGNAcFVVamVo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG7c6W5pXUAhWDHJQKHS0kDzEQ6AEIIjAA#v=onepage&q=saw%20palmetto%20convalescent&f=false

The girls on the old forums as we read seemed to couple SP with Fenugreek which also stimulates appetite and was known historically to be fed to the harem girls to make them more buxom! Its any wonder the older girls did well between that and the above google link.

I entered BN a few years back when everyone though Puearia was the be all and end all and for some it worked. Theres a massive risk with PM and ive always maintained that. We had some good threads up with plenty of good info direct from the growers too.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon