Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek increases estradiol

I posted this last year, take a look at the diagram in table 2, in specifically the increase in dhea, progesterone, FSH (follicle stimulating hormone-----a pure aromatase imo) testosterone and prolactin, respectively. From the study I believe the bump in libido comes from DHEA (similar to maca), however, the way FG increases E2 (dramatically in month 2) comes from its aromatase capabilities (from multiple pathways I believe), but mostly from FSH.

(26-08-2015, 09:41 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Influence of a Specialized Trigonella foenum- graecum Seed Extract (Libifem), on Testosterone, Estradiol and Sexual Function in Healthy Menstruating Women, a Randomised Placebo Controlled Study
The aim of the study was to evaluate the effect of Trigonellafoenum-graecum (fenugreek) seed extract on sex hormones and sexual function in healthy menstruating women who reported low sexual drive. This short term, single site, double blind, randomised, placebo-controlled study was conducted on 80 women, aged 20 to 49 years. Participants were randomised to either an oral dose of a standardised T. foenum-graecum seed extract (libifem) at a dose of 600 mg/day or placebo over two menstrual cycles. Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, progesterone, androstenedione, total and free testosterone, estradiol (E2), luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, sex hormone binding globulin and cholesterol were measured at baseline and 8 weeks. The individual aspects of sexual function were measured using the Derogatis interview for sexual functioning and female sexual function index self-administered questionnaires. Stress, fatigue and quality of the relationship with partner were also measured using the PSS (Perceived Stress Scale), MFI-20 (Multidimensional Fatigue Inventory) and DAS (Dyadic Adjustment Scale) quality of life measures, respectively. There was a significant increase in free testosterone and E2 in the active group as well as sexual desire and arousal compared with the placebo group. The results indicate that this extract of T. foenum-graecum may be a useful treatment for increasing sexual arousal and desire in women. Copyright © 2015 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Lui...-Study.pdf

(27-08-2015, 12:17 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Well yeah, but judging from this study FG pretty much upregulates everything, see here:  

Administration of T. foenum-graecum seed extract was also associated with a significant increase in E2 levels. Estradiol stimulates vaginal lubrication and blood flow, affecting a woman’s capacity for sexual arousal and orgasm (Simon, 2011); this supports the significant positive change in sexual arousal observed. Whilst the mechanism of the increase in E2 levels is unclear from the current study, one possibility is due to increased aromatase activity that converts testosterone to E2.

my interpretation of how FG increases E2 is explained above.

Your a busy bee now aren't you...

Ups everything huh? Well that'd explain why it did exactly nothing for me. If anything it hurt and I just didn't even notice since in my system it would've just made my DHT battle even harder.

I wouldn't take FG all cycle tbh, I mean why would you?. Perhaps in luteal would make more sense for the ladies. For male breast growth maybe 1x per day, (mid-day?) and 2 weeks out of the month. The reason I think relates to hormonal out-put, and from the study only 300 mg was used to influence the upregulation.

(28-04-2016, 04:47 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  Your a busy bee now aren't you...

Lol, I'm done for now. Wink

I like the new format Lotus... Each thread deals with one item, herb or syn. Would make it lots easier to find info.. Great job.

(29-04-2016, 05:01 AM)iaboy Wrote:  I like the new format Lotus... Each thread deals with one item, herb or syn. Would make it lots easier to find info.. Great job.

Yeh its a great format well said Ia, and thanks(im on my knees) dear Lotus ..lol.

(04-05-2016, 10:25 PM)hannah Wrote:  
(29-04-2016, 05:01 AM)iaboy Wrote:  I like the new format Lotus... Each thread deals with one item, herb or syn. Would make it lots easier to find info.. Great job.

Yeh its a great format well said Ia, and thanks(im on my knees) dear Lotus ..lol.

Thanks iaboy and Hannah, I hope it helps. Smile

Funny I was in the health shop today and I asked about taking fenugreek for digestion then said " but will it raise estrogen because I'm afraid it might" .
So the naturopath replied " NO it won't, hmmm actually maybe it will?... You know I sell ALOT of fenugreek to males who want to grow breasts!"

So mY conclusions .... If a bloody NATUROPATH/qualified herbalist can't answer the question of whether fenugreek has the potential to raise estrogen THEN WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE US...

SOO for all your exhaustive research Lotus I believe I'd prefer to consult with YOU over a naturopath... And I'm learning with this sibo diag too that even well intentioned naturopaths still give conflictory advice.

What your doing here is even more valuable than what you'd get at a health consult so thank you.

that's cause Lotus is the great guru of research Tongue

I had taken FG for a while and I found it did nothing for me, not so much as a twinge or even smelling like maple syrup Sad so I discontinued that herb.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon