Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM and now on MACA, ADVICES PLEASE!

Hi everybody,

I've now with me the results of my hormonal tests and i want to share them with you for you to help me to better understand them and to improve my programe. and hope that help others too Smile

First i'm gonna update you about my current programme:
1000 mg MACA (morning with empty stomach)
Dong quai (morning with empty stomach)
Complex with vitamin C E and zink
Vitamin D
MSN (before sleep)
Protein shake (morning and before sleep)

I was thinking to add too L arginine and FG and goat's rue and stick with MACA for a few more months. Then i was plannig to add BO. But now that i've saw the results i think i have low estrogen. (But PM never worked with me :/)

So, these are the results:

Hormone || Result || Reference Values

T3 || 1.40 ng/mL || 0.82 - 1.79
T4 free || 1.23 ng/dL || 0.80 - 1.90
TSH || 2.799 mU/L || 0.400 -4.000
Prolactin || 20.4 ng/mL || 3.1 - 25.0
FSH || 5.2 mUI/mL || follicular phase - 3.03 8.0 || ovulatory peak - 2.55 - 16.6 || luteal phase - 1.38 - 5.47
Total testosterone || 56 ng/dL || < 118
Delta-4-androtenediona || 2.39 ng/mL || 0.10 - 2.99
Estradiol || 83 || follicular phase - 20 - 160 || ovulatory peak - 34 - 400 || luteal phase - 27 - 246
Plasmatic cortisol || 12.2 || 5.0 - 25.0
DHEA-S || 79 || 29 - 781

Thanks for any help Smile

Your DHEA looks really low. LEF advises a target of 275-400.

Thank you Candace,

And do you advice anything to normalize values?
And what are the effects of low DHEA and reasons ?

I used to be below 100 too, and it takes me 150 mg/day to normalize it. It'd probably be best to ramp up slowly to see how you react to it.

This is what the LEF site says about DHEA:

"DHEA is a natural steroidal hormone secreted by the adrenal gland, gonads, and brain (Maninger 2009). Although women usually have less DHEA than men, both sexes lose DHEA over time, suggesting an age-related decline (Labrie 2010). Peak levels are typically reached when women are in their 30s, after which they begin to lose approximately 2% per year. Decreased levels of DHEA are associated with cancer, diabetes, lupus, psychiatric illness (Genazzani 2010), insomnia, pain, and disability (Morrison 2000)."

"DHEA has been shown to improve mood, neurological function, immune function, energy, feelings of well-being, and the maintenance of muscle and bone mass (Kenny 2010; Weiss 2009). A combination of DHEA and pregnenolone has been shown to improve memory (Ritsner 2010). DHEA may also improve insulin sensitivity and triglyceride levels (Genazzani 2010; Casson 1995)."

(03-12-2014, 03:16 AM)Candace Wrote:  I used to be below 100 too, and it takes me 150 mg/day to normalize it. It'd probably be best to ramp up slowly to see how you react to it.

This is what the LEF site says about DHEA:

"DHEA is a natural steroidal hormone secreted by the adrenal gland, gonads, and brain (Maninger 2009). Although women usually have less DHEA than men, both sexes lose DHEA over time, suggesting an age-related decline (Labrie 2010). Peak levels are typically reached when women are in their 30s, after which they begin to lose approximately 2% per year. Decreased levels of DHEA are associated with cancer, diabetes, lupus, psychiatric illness (Genazzani 2010), insomnia, pain, and disability (Morrison 2000)."

"DHEA has been shown to improve mood, neurological function, immune function, energy, feelings of well-being, and the maintenance of muscle and bone mass (Kenny 2010; Weiss 2009). A combination of DHEA and pregnenolone has been shown to improve memory (Ritsner 2010). DHEA may also improve insulin sensitivity and triglyceride levels (Genazzani 2010; Casson 1995)."

So the benefit of taking DHEA for NBE is DHEA acting as a precursor of estrogen?
But doesn't DHEA increase also testosterone?
Makes sense to take a pro-aromatase herb while taking DHEA?

Hi all,

Does anyone know any dht blocker that isn't a aromatase inhibitor at the same time?

I've been searching and found that the well-known dht blockers as saw palmetto, red reishi, pygeum, pumpkin seeds, they are also aromatase inhibitors.
So the only one that seems to work as aromatase booster and dht blocker is white peony.

(30-10-2014, 02:52 PM)Odile Wrote:  Hi missboobshirt,

Thank you very much for your time and for your informations Smile

I've already done a blood test to test hormones but doc said everything was ok and between limits. But some other girls here in the forum have said that even between limits can have a small disregulation. I don't have the results with me, but i will try to get them soon.

Also i've already done dr lee test and can't come to any conclusion cause it seems to me that i have symptoms of the various groups :/

So now i'm on MACA to regulate hormones, since it is an adaptogen right?
In other thread i've posted pics of my breasts cause maybe could help you girls to help me...here's the post:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=22010[undefined=undefined]

What do you think about BO and aminos to estimulate the growth hormone? Should i mix other herbs (to estimulate prolactin) with MACA?

Thanks againSmile

You might want to try a saliva testing kit that you can buy online

(13-05-2015, 08:40 PM)Beautywithboobs Wrote:  
(30-10-2014, 02:52 PM)Odile Wrote:  Hi missboobshirt,

Thank you very much for your time and for your informations Smile

I've already done a blood test to test hormones but doc said everything was ok and between limits. But some other girls here in the forum have said that even between limits can have a small disregulation. I don't have the results with me, but i will try to get them soon.

Also i've already done dr lee test and can't come to any conclusion cause it seems to me that i have symptoms of the various groups :/

So now i'm on MACA to regulate hormones, since it is an adaptogen right?
In other thread i've posted pics of my breasts cause maybe could help you girls to help me...here's the post:
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=22010[undefined=undefined]

What do you think about BO and aminos to estimulate the growth hormone? Should i mix other herbs (to estimulate prolactin) with MACA?

Thanks againSmile

You might want to try a saliva testing kit that you can buy online

These were the results of my last hormonal blood test:

Hormone || Result || Reference Values

T3 || 1.40 ng/mL || 0.82 - 1.79
T4 free || 1.23 ng/dL || 0.80 - 1.90
TSH || 2.799 mU/L || 0.400 -4.000
Prolactin || 20.4 ng/mL || 3.1 - 25.0
FSH || 5.2 mUI/mL || follicular phase - 3.03 8.0 || ovulatory peak - 2.55 - 16.6 || luteal phase - 1.38 - 5.47
Total testosterone || 56 ng/dL || < 118
Delta-4-androtenediona || 2.39 ng/mL || 0.10 - 2.99
Estradiol || 83 || follicular phase - 20 - 160 || ovulatory peak - 34 - 400 || luteal phase - 27 - 246
Plasmatic cortisol || 12.2 || 5.0 - 25.0
DHEA-S || 79 || 29 - 781

But doc didn't test progesterone:/ and now says that i don't need to test again. So maybe i will have one of these saliva tests to compare estrogen with progesterone. Do you know any reliable and not very expensive?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon